Ferrari 488 GTB

Davvemannen

However, they are indeed behind on the tech side, specifically on the WEIGHT of the cars they produce! Its ridiculous how heavy they all are. Lamborghini keep talking about all the carbon fibre they use to keep the weight down, yet the Aventador is heavier than the Murcielago SV! It is no excuse, as Ferrari use aluminium without any carbon fibre and they are able to produce cars below 1,400kg!

If Ferrari is claiming the 488 has a dry weight of 3,014 lbs when outfitted with lightweight options, you can guarantee that U.S market cars will be every bit of 3,350+ when weighed on Earth. C&D weighed a Huracán and it was 3,423.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Ferrari is claiming the 488 has a dry weight of 3,014 lbs when outfitted with lightweight options, you can guarantee that U.S market cars will be every bit of 3,350+ when weighed on Earth. C&D weighed a Huracán and it was 3,423.

I agree. When I weighed my 458 Italia with a full tank of gas the car weighed 3,519 lbs. It's not a light car.

I know you are biased as you own a Huracan lol, but being totally unbiased, the 488 puts the Huracan to shame in the looks department and I am sure will spank it on track and will be a lot of fun to drive at the same time. No doubt both cars are spectacular but a the same time imo, Lambo is going to a gun fight with a knife and in this battle, the Huracan is a loser in all departments. I am ready for a half page long reply from you bro :icon_mrgreen:

Agreed. I've never been a fan of the Huracan at all but the 488 just killed it completely.

Its one thing to like the sound and performance of the Huracan. its another to have the 488 blow you away in a spirited drive. The sad reality is that most people who have these cars will also have friends who will have a 488. They all mingle and inevitably will have little comparisons which no one likes to lose like a couple of car lengths... Thats why the 488 came into existence... The macs were killing 458 left and right... Now that the 488 is coming out, its Huracan's turn to get killed... But if lambo came out with a v-10TT (raided from Audi v-10 TT RS6...) that would be an interesting proposition indeed. This and the aventador keeps the v-12 but adds electric motor, that would most certainly retain some differences for the 2 models... Lamborghini, are you listening? ;)

I don't really think Lambo has lost much at all in terms of the engine and performace side of this equation. They played their hand and drew out Ferrari. They knew that Ferrari was going with Turbo power. That said, now Lamborghini has a platform (looks wise) that they are happy with and they easily have several turbo powered powerplants they can play with. The new Audi sedans, as we have seen, have a twin turbo 4.0L V8 that propels an awd RS7 down the strip in the low 10 second range. Imagine if they decide to tune that motor and drop it in the Huracan.

I don't really think Lambo has lost much at all in terms of the engine and performace side of this equation. They played their hand and drew out Ferrari. They knew that Ferrari was going with Turbo power. That said, now Lamborghini has a platform (looks wise) that they are happy with and they easily have several turbo powered powerplants they can play with. The new Audi sedans, as we have seen, have a twin turbo 4.0L V8 that propels an awd RS7 down the strip in the low 10 second range. Imagine if they decide to tune that motor and drop it in the Huracan.

You are comparing hypothetical with actual. Fact is, Huracan is a brand new car and a new platform and it is behind the 8 ball already. I am one the last people who get caught up with fractions of seconds when it comes to performance figures as they don't matter in the real world . Problem is, and it remains to be proven, I believe the performance difference between the 488 and Huracan will be noticeable on the street and, imo, that will work against the Huracan

A side by side comparison between the 458 and the 488, Ferrari took the axe to the 458 LOL, they learned from Lambo, Lambo went soft to take market share from Ferrari.

YouMad.jpg

2015-lamborghini-huracan-white-side.jpg

2016-Ferrari-488-GTB-05.jpg

Like them both really much.

I think both marques are in the design sweet spot right now (also McLaren) + hopefully few years to come even more with extreme versions coming through.. Really interesting times.

I am ready for a half page long reply from you bro :icon_mrgreen:

I am too busy for a half a page reply, I just took the mattress out of your room as punishment :lol2:

Please keep up with the debate. This way, I will be able to take Daddy's presidential suite when I visit. :icon_mrgreen:

I admit that the 488 is the first Ferrari that stirs my interest in a very very long time.

That being said, I don't think Lamborghini is in any great danger; at least not for 2015.

I haven't read through any of the 488's specs in detail but is it fair to say that the 488 is a updated/revised/tweaked/evolution of the 458? There are substantial differences of course but it really isn't a brand new car altogether, right? And it's evident that Ferrari --- realizing the threats from Lambo and Mac --- went all out with the 488.

The Huracan is fundamentally a new design altogether from the Gallardo/LP5x0 series. I think Lamborghini deliberately left the current design as "blank" as possible so it too can go through the necessary updates/revisions/tweaks/evolutions as needed. There is definitely plenty of room to inject more excitement into the Huracan's looks and there are plenty of tricks at Lamborghini along with an abundance of hardware choices from VAG to increase performance.

I don't know if this applies to other parts of the world but the Lambo dealer in Western Canada has been on a triumphant roll by having plenty of 458 owners trading in their cars for Huracans or adding a H to their garages. At the end of the day, it's the number of cars sold that matters to the manufacturers and I believe Lambo scored quite well with the H. I doubt the announcement of the 488 will result in many cancellations of the Huracan's for those on the wait list. It's likely equally as long if not longer to wait for a 488 anyway. Whether people will trade/sell the H and get the 488 in a year or two thereby saturating the market with used Huracan's is the question. Within the near future, both the Huracan and the 488 will be doing equally well.

I hate to stir the pot, but I think this 675hp 3k pound beast will still be on top for 2016 atleast in the performance dept..

and at 350k not a bad deal! next month we will see how it looks! exciting times for all of us consumers!

post-2228-1423234062_thumb.jpg

I hate to stir the pot, but I think this 675hp 3k pound beast will still be on top for 2016 atleast in the performance dept..

and at 350k not a bad deal! next month we will see how it looks! exciting times for all of us consumers!

post-2228-1423234062_thumb.jpg

:iamwithstupid:

Funny how few exterior line changes and switching from NA to TT swayed so many of you from not liking/carrying/hating 458 to total opposite.

Funny how few exterior line changes and switching from NA to TT swayed so many of you from not liking/carrying/hating 458 to total opposite.

They were some very important lines. :icon_mrgreen:

They were some very important lines. :icon_mrgreen:

Lol, I guess. That reminds me of a Nip/Tuck TV series, some wins/some losses :)

Now, what do I do?

The day after the Geneva show, should I walk into Ferrari's dealer, kiss their assess and politely ask to be butt f*cked with 2017 delivery and 100k over sticker?

This was the first reaction to 458:

150176-ferrari-458-premiere-event-fow-sit.jpg

New one looks cooler,

more like this:

5fc8a340213949a696f48e64d75ea9dd.jpg

haha, good post.

But the new-ish 488 still desperately needing a nose job. Hence my referring to Nip/Tuck TV series.

Don't stress this type of reaction is normal on LP, happens all the time, just look at the SV Aventador thread and watch how the tune changes as soon as members start getting their cars. LOL

The Mac 675 will need a P1 style rearend to make any have any sales success against the 488GTB and Huracan.

Macs are just ugly @ the rear.

The Mac 675 will need a P1 style rearend to make any have any sales success against the 488GTB and Huracan.

Macs are just ugly @ the rear.

that's exactly what they did! P1 style rear on the 675LT! should be badass!