Flight 9525

sprite

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible :(

Makes my fear of flying worse. I'm so pissed aviationsecurity doesn't move forward much faster than it should/could.

And don't come with that "flying is the safest means of travel" shit, tell that to the families of the pour souls on that plane :(

RIP

unreal, RIP to all involved in this tragedy..

with thousands and thousands of flights taking off every day, chances are still slim to none that something like this will happen. but either way one is to many :/

There were 16 kids on board from a school near my hometown returning from an exchange to Spain. I have never been so shocked by any news ever before.

When i was 20 I tried to become a pilot at Lufthansa myself but failed at the last stage of their assessment center. I don´t even understand what could have possibly went wrong. They are regarded as the safest airline in Germany and their pilots are tested multiple times a year to maintain their license.

My prayers go out to the victims and the families and friends.

SOS from cap't prior to crash. RIP

I'm seeing reports that there was a SOS are not confirmed. The ATC made a distress call after they lost contact but nothing from the plane.

Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/world/eu...rbus-crash.html

My theory...One of the pilots stepped out for a bathroom break and the remaining pilot in the cockpit had a heart attack and died...usually cockpit doors shut and lock automatically so when other pilot tried to return he was unable to get in the cabin despite his best attempts to smash the door....meanwhile plane descended and crashed on mountainside.

just pure bad luck and rare happening.

Just read that too. I thought usually with a heart attack or stroke that you could still make some noises like a gasp or grunt at least. Sounds like they're saying nothing was heard at all. Seems like it would be obvious that if a pilot departs the cockpit, to have a stewardess step in until he returns so 2 people at all times. Very interesting but truly, truly sad if it was indeed something that simple and unlucky. At least thankful that it seems death was instantaneous.

At least in the U.S., a flight attendant always takes the place of the pilot leaving the cockpit, unless there are three or more crew in the cockpit.

Pilot being locked out sounds logical and why it tool 10 minutes to go down. Man, that has to be horrific if that's true. Plane crashed because an odd freak medical event at the wrong time.

Speculation I'm hearing is computer issues on the plane that the pilots could not override. This is apparently an issue with airbus that has happened before, why the first A320 crashed at the airshow, etc. The plane could have lost cabin pressure, done an auto descent right into the mountain.

Either way it's awful and I almost hope it was a freak accident and not a programming error.

My theory...One of the pilots stepped out for a bathroom break and the remaining pilot in the cockpit had a heart attack and died...usually cockpit doors shut and lock automatically so when other pilot tried to return he was unable to get in the cabin despite his best attempts to smash the door....meanwhile plane descended and crashed on mountainside.

:iamwithstupid:

.......or windshield cracked causing loss o oxygen.

There is an override to the locking system for just this reason. If indeed the other pilot was locked out, it was intentionally done by the pilot at the controls

MMMM

The co-pilot of the Germanwings flight that crashed into the French Alps wanted to "destroy the plane", French investigators have said.

French prosecutors, citing information from the cockpit voice recorder said the co-pilot took sole control of plane and intentionally started its descent.

The pilot had just left the cockpit and was locked out.

Neither of the names of the pilot or co-pilot have been released.

The co-pilot was alive until the final impact, the prosecutors added.

BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32063587

Jep, its official. He crashed the plane on purpose.. Mass murderer!! All those poor people .. Children and babies were on board!!! Motherfucker!!

Cold Blooded Murder...

Audio from the mangled voice recorder of Germanwings Flight 9525 reveals the captain was locked out of the cockpit while the co-pilot appeared to make a deliberate attempt to destroy the plane, Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said Thursday.

The co-pilot of the doomed Germanwings flight "activated the descent" of the plane when he was alone in the cockpit, Robin said. That can only be done deliberately, he said.