Texas invitational Thread (April 10th-12th) 2015

avengerr

The event was great and I'm impressed. ASS did s great job winning with their shop car and UGR did even s greater job by having all the crew to help set up customers cars and get them ready for each run which was top class customer service .. I wish I was racing with UGR cuz they do everything for you from what I saw and get you ready step by step and have you going fast safe which matters the most I saw a few other cars spin and do crazy things but UGR were professionals they knew what they were doing and I don't think any other company will ever do or will do what I saw UGR doing to customers. I was walking by taking pictures and Kevin offered me water and a chair in the shade and that's during the races which I never expect from anyone. Thank you again UGR for what you do.

post-490-1434323308_thumb.jpg

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The event was great and I'm impressed. ASS did s great job winning with their shop car and UGR did even s greater job by having all the crew to help set up customers cars and get them ready for each run which was top class customer service .. I wish I was racing with UGR cuz they do everything for you from what I saw and get you ready step by step and have you going fast safe which matters the most I saw a few other cars spin and do crazy things but UGR were professionals they knew what they were doing and I don't think any other company will ever do or will do what I saw UGR doing to customers. I was walking by taking pictures and Kevin offered me water and a chair in the shade and that's during the races which I never expect from anyone. Thank you again UGR for what you do.

Thank you Ivan for the picture and good talk and thank you Amar for taking the picture and having me in the event

You sure are an arrogant little cuss for someone who displays a list of sub-par builds that more than likely have you in a mountain of debt. You have no dog in this fight. You sit home behind the comforts of your keyboard slamming Lambo's and bragging about things you aren't even privy too. You brag on other peoples accomplishments and exploit the downfalls of others as well all to place yourself on a self-made pedestal in which you cast stones at those you envy.

I can say this, you're arrogance is not the norm and you do nothing but make a fool of yourself here, despite your 2k+ posts of garbage which provide nothing of substance to discussions.

I went to my fist event this weekend as a spectator to see what it's all about. It's a good thing there aren't any of the likes of you running around because if there were, the event may as well be held in a Jr. High School yard full of sticks and stones. These guys are serious about what they do and I assure you they all respect one another. Sure, it gets heated at times while on the track but that's a spirit of competition. However they leave it at the track when it's all said and done, shaking hands, congratulating along the way. You sit behind your keyboard thinking you have all the answers when in fact you don’t know poo poo. Tires this, boost that and whatever. Every car is different and has its own personality. Hours upon hours of testing and fine tuning are performed and that even occurs during competition. It’s always a learning game, regardless of what you may think.

Don’t trash the Lambo’s. Having two in the final four is an accomplishment. I believe they even had 4 of the final eight. GTR’s were plentiful during the weekend as well so don’t come across as there was only one in the whole competition because there wasn’t. While there are many Lambo’s who could win the event, many mind you, there is only one GTR that can compete with those Lambo’s and beat them. I can assure you the Huracan gave the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu mu mu mu mu mu mu mu mu a run for his money and I can assure you there is utmost respect between those builders as well as the owners of the cars.

Last night at the hotel the bar there was a mixture of many who were competing on the track for the previous two days. Regardless of what you may think, they’re all family, they know one another. They eat, they drink, they socialize and not once did I hear anything about who is better than whom. I drank with the A.MS guys, joked around till almost three in the morning and heck, even arm wrestled one of them and yeah, this 51 year old guy won, though barely.

Just stop the instigating. Until you decided to spend the money to build a car and compete with these guys, you’re in no position to celebrate their victories or ridicule their defeats. Respect the fact that they are doing what they love to do despite whether they win or lose.

When did i put down UG? have you not read my posts? I am very good friends with A'm'sS and have spent money with them. I have known them for over 5 years and we have drank and partied together. Yes i do have the right to be happy when they win. just like you have the right to cheer on UG. YOU are taking this way too deep. Its ALL fun and games and when Kevin made high school cracks along with half of this community at me 3 years ago for every win UG had .. whether it was Kevin "ice up son" comments or Kisco's cracks or Duhawks jokes (hitler video making fun of A'M" S and My self ) i took it like a champ and everyone was fine and dandy on this forum.

Now when A'M"S wins i can't be happy??? Just so you know I know A LOT more than you think buddy. I talk to Eric on a regular basis and I know things that most of you guys don't know. Thats how tight we are.

This is a lambo forum and when the GTRs were getting waxed including A'M"S i did not run and stop posting... I came here and took the "high school" assaults.

Making comments on how much i spent , sub par build ??? makes YOU look like a High school Kid. Be Humble. Just Because you are loaded means nothing to me. Every owner that has done 2R builds have i have talked to said its way more than they can afford and maintain. Thats coming from people that have considerable more money than me. Dumping 500k (including car) into a 2R is a hardly for everyone, including my sub par budget.lol.

you are looking at this from a wrong perspective.. Trust me.

Thank you Ivan for the picture and good talk and thank you Amar for taking the picture and having me in the event

Is the parachute a substitute for no rear brakes? Cant imagine stock brakes fit behind the lawnmower rear wheels :icon_mrgreen:

Who gives a shit about tire, everybody came out knowing who would have what. Congrats to ASS for a repeat and congrats to UGR for coming out swinging with a new build.

[edit] meant to type ASS guess my auto-correct has a dirty mind

[edit] okay just tried to edit my post twice it's not working

[edit] meant to type ASS guess my auto-correct has a dirty mind

[edit] okay just tried to edit my post twice it's not working

LMFAO!

This is a lambo forum and when the GTRs were getting waxed including A'M"S i did not run and stop posting... I came here and took the "high school" assaults.

You certainly did ... And for that ... You have my respect ...

That's why I said in my earlier post ...

Take all the time you need on that victory lap ...

You've certainly earned it ...

Having said that ... Be aware AM.S will NOT get three in a row ...

Ask Ivan, I'm sure he heard it coming for him during the semi final run ...

That is the Sound of Underground ...

I don't know who this Andy guy is , but he is one bad mofo! his Viper is stunning and true contender !!

Hi, my name is Andy, nice to meet you:)

I told Ivan he'll have his hands full next time I see him! Was down 11mph that final race:( But I don't want to make excuses. Had a heckuva time racing Kevin, Ivan, Gidi, etc. Was an overwhelming rush! Amar puts on the best event in the nation... Or world for that matter?? Where else has this caliber of cars/drivers!!

Hi, my name is Andy, nice to meet you:)

I told Ivan he'll have his hands full next time I see him! Was down 11mph that final race:( But I don't want to make excuses. Had a heckuva time racing Kevin, Ivan, Gidi, etc. Was an overwhelming rush! Amar puts on the best event in the nation... Or world for that matter?? Where else has this caliber of cars/drivers!!

Wow Andy ! Your car gets out fast . Congrats brother your car is amazing. I think you have a winning formula and can take the next TI event !

Congrats on a great car!

Some words of Ivan from A..M..S:

That there was plenty of to "turn it up" and show what they had. In the end, a tiny V6 set the all time record qualifying MPH for the history of the event and a Dodge and a Nissan put every one of them back on the trailer.

He sure was quiet when ETS killed them at same track, same day at tx2k15. Bottom line ASS won the event and everyone knows the rules. Most Lambo owners rather not butch up the cars as they still look like an exotic, ie the wheels, aero, small rwd brakes.

It is extremely hard to compete against dedicated race cars but it is up to the racers to either made the necessary adjustments or be happy with it. the goal is winning and qualifying mph don't mean nothing neither is running the fastest mph in the event. In racing, you got to win when it counts and ASS did that in this event.

Some words of Ivan from A..M..S:

That there was plenty of to "turn it up" and show what they had. In the end, a tiny V6 set the all time record qualifying MPH for the history of the event and a Dodge and a Nissan put every one of them back on the trailer.

Andy.. Did you car blow a turbo? I heard it did.

I was trying to keep that on the DL as to not make any excuses... But it was going out all weekend (smoking). Ran less boost and 11mph less than the pass before (against Kevin). But I don't want to take anything away from Ivan's victory. Hail to the KOTS... Cheers until next time!

I was trying to keep that on the DL as to not make any excuses... But it was going out all weekend (smoking). Ran less boost and 11mph less than the pass before (against Kevin). But I don't want to take anything away from Ivan's victory. Hail to the KOTS... Cheers until next time!

No excuses needed man, your car did exceedingly well against the fastest cars in the world, and it was wounded. I'm sure you'll really give 'em hell next time when shes back at 100%... hopefully more like 110%. :icon_mrgreen:

LOL damn lots of hurt feelings in here! I like how Kevin came in, congratulated AM S for their win, and moved on. Bottom line is that OMEG A is fast as fuc_ and will be difficult to beat. I'm sure both cars have more power but at those speeds cars are quickly running out of real estate to stop. I'm not sure what UGR is going to do nor have I seen any in car vids, but rest assured they are hard at work already.

On another note, I was the first one to try drag radials on a G in 2010. Let me just tell you, they don't work. Don't ask me why b/c there is no good reason why they shouldn't work, they simply don't.......they are good for a hit or two and then they are junk. I went across several lanes of traffic on them and won't ever go back. Having said that I believe they get "feathered" on the first few hits and lose their grip ability after that. Without a nice burnout they never fully recover....just a guess on my part.

And lastly, CONGRATS TO AM S, great performance!

Peter

I'm sure both cars have more power but at those speeds cars are quickly running out of real estate to stop.

Race cars don't have that problem...

I'm just saying.....

post-186226-1434393418_thumb.jpg

Race cars don't have that problem...

I'm just saying.....

Only thing I take from the above picture is how undeniably GORGEOUS a VI Huracan is. :monkeyleft: