Smart ways to earn extra money in the mean time?

IanMan

FWIW It took me 13 years to afford a Lambo after I knew I HAS TO HAVE ONE,

I think because I had to work so hard for so long (the 13 years) that when i did have the $ for such nice toys I went off the rails and bought a few too many-lol, . However I have always invested more $ than I have blown on cars. In retrospect I made more on the cars than the buildings in Vegas i bought from 01-04.

point is unless you inhearate a shit pile of $, it takes a long time to get there, and never take your eye off the big prize for me that's a jet.

Also I never read a book on sales or how to be a business man, i never learned how to tie a necktie, i dont wear shoes(unless its a absolute necessity)-still fuk the books and tie's-i cant write very well, i can if I have to but it would take a hour for this post and I just cant waste energy on that(thats a lesson in it self, where to use your energy-if your gonna shoot your load-make sure its not wasted). Google cant even fix my spelling errors I spell so bad, but I'm good with numbers. It can all be accomplished with one thing-meaning realizing your dreams. Cars, jets, pussy, food, travelling the world. what ever your thing is. just one thing:

WORK SMART, NOT HARD!!!!!!!

If I spent a hour making this post more readable, which I can do, yes it would be nice for the people who read it, but is it worth me shooting my wad on, and using up that much of my energy? no. Can I share my points in a way that conserves my energy and be accepted here as a credible guy-yeah for the most part. I wouldnt ever write a letter in this poor of form to my big lawyers in DC.

So my point is I'm posting smart not hard as I need whats left in me for the day for more important(to me) business as I dont get paid to post.

got it?

best

Eric

PS stop wearing shoes and you'll save a ton of $$$ ;)

actually I have a $4,000 pair of Zilli flip flops, and a $2000 pair as well. So when i have to dress up, I got the best flip fops in the room. I also Have a $24,000 Zilli cashmere 3/4 length coat-its so strong i wear it with Chucks and Jordan sweats and I look like I own what ever building i'm in. Its worth the $24,000. Last one I had I wore for 10 years, still have it but it looks a bit worn. I lost a $25,000 leather one once ouch!!!! So I buy good shit when I have to, it lasts longer and makes me look better-i'm not stupid and show up with out shoes to biz meetings(well once I did) I forgot to put shoe's in the car. That's also the day I realized nobody really gives a rats ass about that-if you know them. If i dont know someone then yeah it's absloutley necessary to wear shoes-perhaps thats why i dont have any now friends j/k

SMART NOT HARD

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannibal has some good points there. Sell the M5 ($35k?) and pick up a 2012+ Hyundai Elantra or Accent, those are $8-10k all day long, totally decent little cars that will run for longer than you care to own it. And I almost guarantee if you owned that car for 10 years and 140k miles you would have a hard time spending $1k on all the maintenance including tires.

Hey, we just found you 50% of your house down payment. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Emanon! Very true. I could easily spend more than $1K on the M5 for something little. if I held onto it. (ANYONE WANT AN M5? Lol.)

...or 50% of my Countach. ;) Honestly, I'm not going to buy a house before my basket case Countach, unless the opportunity to make a business or a valuable opportunity presents itself!

Yep that's a valid point. I gave up most my Porsche cars and sold off all but one of my motorcycles so that I could do my house and make room for my Lambo to restore. It sucks sometimes to make those sacrifices, but when you see where your money goes, sometimes it's an easy decision to make.

Ouch! But I'd rather have a Lambo than my M5! :)

Agree with everyone else. Time is limited, spend it on the goal with the most upside/reward.

Thanks, man! :icon_thumleft:

I think because I had to work so hard for so long (the 13 years) that when i did have the $ for such nice toys I went off the rails and bought a few too many-lol, . However I have always invested more $ than I have blown on cars. In retrospect I made more on the cars than the buildings in Vegas i bought from 01-04.

point is unless you inhearate a shit pile of $, it takes a long time to get there, and never take your eye off the big prize for me that's a jet.

Also I never read a book on sales or how to be a business man, i never learned how to tie a necktie, i dont wear shoes(unless its a absolute necessity)-still fuk the books and tie's-i cant write very well, i can if I have to but it would take a hour for this post and I just cant waste energy on that(thats a lesson in it self, where to use your energy-if your gonna shoot your load-make sure its not wasted). Google cant even fix my spelling errors I spell so bad, but I'm good with numbers. It can all be accomplished with one thing-meaning realizing your dreams. Cars, jets, pussy, food, travelling the world. what ever your thing is. just one thing:

If I spent a hour making this post more readable, which I can do, yes it would be nice for the people who read it, but is it worth me shooting my wad on, and using up that much of my energy? no. Can I share my points in a way that conserves my energy and be accepted here as a credible guy-yeah for the most part. I wouldnt ever write a letter in this poor of form to my big lawyers in DC.

So my point is I'm posting smart not hard as I need whats left in me for the day for more important(to me) business as I dont get paid to post.

got it?

best

Eric

actually I have a $4,000 pair of Zilli flip flops, and a $2000 pair as well. So when i have to dress up, I got the best flip fops in the room. I also Have a $24,000 Zilli cashmere 3/4 length coat-its so strong i wear it with Chucks and Jordan sweats and I look like I own what ever building i'm in. Its worth the $24,000. Last one I had I wore for 10 years, still have it but it looks a bit worn. I lost a $25,000 leather one once ouch!!!! So I buy good shit when I have to, it lasts longer and makes me look better-i'm not stupid and show up with out shoes to biz meetings(well once I did) I forgot to put shoe's in the car. That's also the day I realized nobody really gives a rats ass about that-if you know them. If i dont know someone then yeah it's absloutley necessary to wear shoes-perhaps thats why i dont have any now friends j/k

SMART NOT HARD

LV Eric! Thank you very much for taking a lot of time out to put in your word. I have heard great things about you from other members in threads on here, and it sounds like you are very successful. I'm actually not a very materialistic person. I dress conservatively and tuck my shirt in :icon_super::eusa_dance: , and buy Old Navy Polo's and shorts and slacks. I've never been one for blowing my money on flashy things, and that's probably a good thing. I do like to dress nice though and don't believe there's anything wrong with that!

13 years is a while, and I don't believe I have that long to get a basket case Countach, nevertheless, I'm certainly going to work hard and bust my ass in the mean time to get as far as I can!

Alright I will be the one to say it. I think you have your spending priorities wrong. We've discussed your gun collection before and your M5. If you truly are trying to save money towards the future and towards a house I am not driving an M5 at 14MPG premium everywhere or buying/converting HK rifles for my personal collection.

IMO you need to have your financial house in order first and that means owning home and building equity rather than throwing it away on rent. That means driving a car that is an appliance to get me from point A to point B as cheaply/reliably/safely as possible. That means cutting out expensive hobbies and purchases until such time that I have earned a reward.

Please don't be offended by this. I think your hustle is great and I am in the same boat as you wondering what I can do/invest in to start growing my money and having my money work harder for me. My wife and I saved first and bought a house. I still drive a crappy civic to work because it keeps the wife/kids in a nice SUV and a fun car in the garage for me on weekends. The guns came after the house and the 401ks and IRAs and the 509 plans were started and I have only purchased items I can turn around and sell for the same price I paid if not more down the road.

In my opinion you need a stable base before you start to go outside of your comfort zone.

1.) Real Estate - I'm taking my exam to soon be an agent in the state of Hawaii. I've been studying for a while. (MAIN GOAL)

Plenty of money to be made there but I don't think anyone would call it easy money. You can make a ton doing insurance too...just ask Mac-N-It but you have to work your ass off.

2.) Patenting/selling an invention -Still in progress (MAIN GOAL)

If you have an invention or a line on an invention I would be working on this 10000% and ignoring the other stuff.

3.) Uber Driver - Yep, sure did sign up to be one, and work on my week days off

I am going to be a bartender before I am an Uber driver...especially when my DD is an M5.

4.) Resetting/reading BMW Codes in the area -Dealers here charge at least $100, so there's money to be made

Heck if you are invested in the community and can make a few bucks doing this go for it.

5.) Website/youtube channel -I'm currently working on a "smartly written" Automobile/Satire website & Youtube with funny/controversial channel to hopefully make money off of the adds.

To make ANY money you need to have a heck of a good channel and a huge following. Just as DoctaM3 or Rob F. This does not happen quickly at all.

6.) Designing Subaru Parts - I'm currently working with a friend to design Subaru accessories and start an online store. I'm not a Subaru fan, but there is money to be made.

Heck if you can do it go for it.

Thanks a lot, for taking the time to give me advice! :icon_thumleft: I hate to get rid of the M5, but I put it on Craigslist this morning after hearing from you and Emanon. That car, even though I've owned it for 8 months, is a part of me. It's the best car I've ever owned, and it's so much fun to drive. It is my therapy when I get off of work, or go out on the weekends. It's a blast to drive and hear that V10 scream, but in the end, I'd rather have my Countach, and I'll always be able to buy another M5, Countaches, maybe not ever, if I miss my chance.

Agree 100% on selling the M5 and grabbing a house first. I would love to be driving around in something nicer but I bought my little Fiat Abarth cheap and have money for my house and other investments.

Very, very smart move, this is the right sequence and the right attitude, you buy toys after you secured your principal place of residence and investments to pay for them, you on the right path with the right attitude, keep going, BTW there is absolutely nothing wrong with a Fiat Abarth :icon_thumleft:

got it?

best

Eric

SMART NOT HARD

Good advice but I can't do no shoes :lol2: too much dust everywhere.

I can not do suits, I go to business meetings in T-shirt and shorts, my wife always shakes her head, LOL.

Few weeks ago I went to sign a bunch of contracts in a lawyer's office in the city, when I went in the room with my lawyer I felt completely under dressed haha, there must've been more than 15 people there, all big shot lawyers, company CEOs etc. all dressed like ready to go to a wedding or a funeral, I was dressed as usual, like a bum LOL the only difference was that I was the key player there, without my signature on those papers nothing would've gone down.

The way I see it, it's a hell of a lot harder to gain the right to wear shorts and a t-shirt than a suit and tie!

SMART NOT HARD

Eric, you really think an average Joe can get away with this type of fashion starting out?

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs always had terrible fashion sense but was that really the reason they were successful? Of course not.

If most people took this attitude they would be worse off a lot more often than they would be better off.

The hyper obsessed and elitist fashion douche fails because he's insecure, not because he looks good.

C'mon man. :icon_thumleft:

The way I see it, it's a hell of a lot harder to gain the right to wear shorts and a t-shirt than a suit and tie!

Thank You.

And that's how you're supposed to sell it.

Eric, you really think an average Joe can get away with this type of fashion starting out?

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs always had terrible fashion sense but was that really the reason they were successful? Of course not.

If most people took this attitude they would be worse off a lot more often than they would be better off.

The hyper obsessed and elitist fashion douche fails because he's insecure, not because he looks good.

C'mon man. :icon_thumleft:

I would not care what you are wearing, how you look, etc. if you are the right guy for the task and are bringing the goods, if my job was to judge your attire or fashion sense it would be a completely different story, please don't get me wrong I wouldn't want you to dress like a hobo :icon_mrgreen: but then again if you are making me money or making money together have at it :lol2:

I understand the importance of image but I can also sense when someone isn't comfortable or 100% themselves, I don't want anyone to "put on a show" I appreciate and enjoy fashion, all sorts of fashion I just don't adhere to the requirement of the monkey suit business, that's all but if you feel comfortable in a suit and tie I have zero issues with that with me it's all about being comfortable!

SMART NOT HARD

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I don't work hard and I don't work smart...I work really hard at working really smart. One lesson I learned after watching my parents is you can be a very hard worker bee and still struggle to keep your head over water. I'm eternally grateful for the sacrifices they made, but the message was clear: if you can, be the boss and be smart about it. If you can't be the boss, then work smart as an employee so you can eventually be your own boss. Working smart is the way to go. And as folks have been saying, use your energy and time wisely.

Learn how to MED things (Minimum Effective Dose). An example is it take 212 degrees to boil water, so when you set your stove, set it for 212 degrees because that's all you need. Sure you can set it for 250 degrees, but you're just wasting energy at that point. Applied to business, work and other areas of life, focus the amount of energy you need into getting the job/task done well and then move on. A lot of my teachers took issue with the fact that I never did extra credit because to me it was wasted effort. Use wisdom to know what a good MED dose is, because the last thing you want to do is waste energy as well as half-ass something.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time, it gets me motivated every time:

Agree with most of the advice. Would add that if you find what you love it and what you're good at: it doesn't seem like work.

Earning MED (to borrow from Supercar Ace) is important - but beyond that everyone's needs are different. If you can earn MED (or more) by doing something you love - you've hit the jackpot. Enjoying your work can be worth a lot and I'd rather earn less and love what I do - than earn a ton of money counting the minutes until I'm done.

got it?

best

Eric

SMART NOT HARD

Where you high writing this shit lol ? I agree with your work smart comment but the rest is all gibberish. Since when is looking like a slob an asset for anyone ?

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

I don't work hard and I don't work smart...I work really hard at working really smart. One lesson I learned after watching my parents is you can be a very hard worker bee and still struggle to keep your head over water. I'm eternally grateful for the sacrifices they made, but the message was clear: if you can, be the boss and be smart about it. If you can't be the boss, then work smart as an employee so you can eventually be your own boss. Working smart is the way to go. And as folks have been saying, use your energy and time wisely.

Learn how to MED things (Minimum Effective Dose). An example is it take 212 degrees to boil water, so when you set your stove, set it for 212 degrees because that's all you need. Sure you can set it for 250 degrees, but you're just wasting energy at that point. Applied to business, work and other areas of life, focus the amount of energy you need into getting the job/task done well and then move on. A lot of my teachers took issue with the fact that I never did extra credit because to me it was wasted effort. Use wisdom to know what a good MED dose is, because the last thing you want to do is waste energy as well as half-ass something.

One of my favorite movie scenes of all time, it gets me motivated every time:

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

some people don't get it,

when it matters i look better or as good as the best dressed person in the room, i can be who ever i need to be for the occasion, court-wedding(i dont go to funerals) but if i did i'd wear black.

I wear the correct watch, $200,000 Patek or a $100 Seiko if im getting sued by someone.

i'm not a slob, my hygiene is impeccable, no skid marks in my drawers.

I dont get high, so no i wasnt stoned when i made my post, infact i never smoked weed ONCE in my life, done blow, meth etc.

And yes I owned 2 house before my first Lambo.

Christ some people cant read, or I write like shit, lets take a vote.

on that note, i'm going to bed in my $12M house in Bev Hils I paid for. Sadly i'm poorer now than I have been in 8-12 years, but i'm happier too.

tomaro is going to be a rough day, i have to fire up the GTR and piss off the neighbors, life is rough. probably wont wear shoes, that ok? i promise i wont dress like a slob,

WTF

thanks for the complements from the other guys, the hatters always come out, funny how i have that effect on people. LOL they are what drives me to make more $, just to piss them off, and yes I do it in my shorts too. Its the content of the character of a person not their cloths. I do respect people who dress nicely all the time, if cloths actually fit me, i'd dress better. but they dont so i dress how i like.

Agree with most of the advice. Would add that if you find what you love it and what you're good at: it doesn't seem like work.

Earning MED (to borrow from Supercar Ace) is important - but beyond that everyone's needs are different. If you can earn MED (or more) by doing something you love - you've hit the jackpot. Enjoying your work can be worth a lot and I'd rather earn less and love what I do - than earn a ton of money counting the minutes until I'm done.

I have said the same exact thing so many times. I freakin' LOVE what I do and it never seems like work. There comes a point when making "more" money than what you currently do doesn't really change your life one way or the other. I saw a great interview of DHH where the guy asked him if he'd sell his company for something like 10x what it was worth. DHH's reply was something to the point of the fact that he didn't need more money an he already loved what he did so what would be the point of selling? What would he do then?

It was funny, I had never really thought about it that way til he said that and it really does ring true. I've got a lot of friends in my industry that are growing brands in order to sell them in a few years; I don't think I could ever do that. As cake mentioned, doing something you love really is the jackpot.

The best advice I can give you based on what you've mentioned regarding your situation so far is this: Get rid of your debt and get a house before even thinking about an expensive car. One of my fondest memories while growing the company I have now was getting rid of all my debt and buying a super cheap car til I made things work. I was driving a POS Saturn SL with rubber bumpers and no power steering that I bought for $1,500 and it was MOTIVATION. Driving a decent car like the M5 is not going to light any fires for you man, you need to get uncomfortable.

There's a lot of super successful folks on this forum and a lot of great advice but at the end of the day nobody wants you to be successful as much as you do. You are in control of what happens and there's no shortcuts to doing things right.

Thanks a lot, for taking the time to give me advice! :icon_thumleft: I hate to get rid of the M5, but I put it on Craigslist this morning after hearing from you and Emanon. That car, even though I've owned it for 8 months, is a part of me. It's the best car I've ever owned, and it's so much fun to drive. It is my therapy when I get off of work, or go out on the weekends. It's a blast to drive and hear that V10 scream, but in the end, I'd rather have my Countach, and I'll always be able to buy another M5, Countaches, maybe not ever, if I miss my chance.

I would keep the M5 and be happy daily with it rather than be miseraboe and chase the unobtainium.. Good luck with having another relatively new high revs NA V10 BMW ever again. Wont happen in our lifetime. i know we are in the lp and countach is the holy grail but in objective terms M5 is 1000x better car.

Just another view to the subject

LV Eric is a legend when it comes to cars, not caring and somehow being wildly successful. I read a couple articles on him long ago but was always amazed by how he managed to pick the best collector cars!

I rock no lace converse shoes to everything I go to but its so common where I live to not dress up that I look normal for 50% of meetings.

I have said the same exact thing so many times. I freakin' LOVE what I do and it never seems like work. There comes a point when making "more" money than what you currently do doesn't really change your life one way or the other. I saw a great interview of DHH where the guy asked him if he'd sell his company for something like 10x what it was worth. DHH's reply was something to the point of the fact that he didn't need more money an he already loved what he did so what would be the point of selling? What would he do then?

It was funny, I had never really thought about it that way til he said that and it really does ring true. I've got a lot of friends in my industry that are growing brands in order to sell them in a few years; I don't think I could ever do that. As cake mentioned, doing something you love really is the jackpot.

The best advice I can give you based on what you've mentioned regarding your situation so far is this: Get rid of your debt and get a house before even thinking about an expensive car. One of my fondest memories while growing the company I have now was getting rid of all my debt and buying a super cheap car til I made things work. I was driving a POS Saturn SL with rubber bumpers and no power steering that I bought for $1,500 and it was MOTIVATION. Driving a decent car like the M5 is not going to light any fires for you man, you need to get uncomfortable.

There's a lot of super successful folks on this forum and a lot of great advice but at the end of the day nobody wants you to be successful as much as you do. You are in control of what happens and there's no shortcuts to doing things right.

thats very solid advice,

especially the part about where more $ dont change things, unless its a huge amount. its all relative. I remember one time i had a house i was selling in escrow, $200,000 went hard-hurricane Katrina weekend. the guy didnt buy the house-he was from London. I kept the $200,000-I didnt notice it one way or the other, this was in 04?. That event woke me up, i had been making pretty good $ for sometime but never thought about it like that. $200K and i didnt notice. Wow! I never got to the point a million wasnt noticeable. I'd say at one point $500K didnt move the needle. Currently $50K woundnt change much, perhaps $100,000 it would be noticeable-but nothing changes.

I think as we get older time is more valuable than $, is for me. So saying 100K wouldnt be noticeable is for different reasons now than before-its not a static thing. Age and accumulated wealth changes the whole equation IMO.

Building a solid foundation is key, property(titled or untitled) that is unlikely to deprecate is the first order of business. Toys come last.

i've weathered a hell of a storm, and came out ok, some people i know lost it all, I have always planned for the worst and hoped for the best. When the worst came and went I got knocked down, but not out.

nobody plans to fail, they FAIL to plan.<----------there is much to be said about this. Kept my show rollin' I still think that way, layers upon layers of assets that are visible, invisible and some in between. thats how you self insure your self against failure. Toys last-but smart toys, not new Corvette(unless your mad at your $ and want to lose it).

have a god weekend,

sincerely,

A fat, shoe-less, slob....

Maybe not a good idea for a first post.

In real estate that famous line from a movie, instead of "always be closing" should be always be listing. The more listings you have the more your name is out. The more listings you have, the more other agents will be using your inventory to sell from. Even if you don't sell it, you get a commission. Side benefit being a listing machine, people who need an agent will use you because they see the name all over the place.

So if you want to be serious, cold call people to sell their house, send out mailers, etc. Always work on getting listings. The more listings you have the more successful you will be. Even hire two college students to cold call for listings.

Always be listing. Become a listing machine.

Maybe not a good idea for a first post.

In real estate that famous line from a movie, instead of "always be closing" should be always be listing. The more listings you have the more your name is out. The more listings you have, the more other agents will be using your inventory to sell from. Even if you don't sell it, you get a commission. Side benefit being a listing machine, people who need an agent will use you because they see the name all over the place.

So if you want to be serious, cold call people to sell their house, send out mailers, etc. Always work on getting listings. The more listings you have the more successful you will be. Even hire two college students to cold call for listings.

Always be listing. Become a listing machine.

thats right,

Smile and dial, pound the phones until ya cant stand it then keep pounding.

But make sure ya got good leads.

i never mentioned this before in a post,

when i moved to vegas in 91-92, i dont even remember what year it was, i had just closed down 2 retail pet stores in nor cal, i was about 25 years old, and just came off a 3.75 year run, the first 3 years I did great, the last 8 months-game over. I learned a painful lesson. I went from a $350,000 networth to $55,000 all in cash, just a stack of c-notes. All that time for a half a brick-then i'd go up the the Shoe and eat the $2 steak. I had a room mate, lived on the $2 steak and the $4.45 buffet at the Gold Coast. I preserved as much of my "Stack as I could"

When I was at the Shoe-that's Horseshoe Casino Downtown Vegas, during the poker WSOP and other big poker Tourneys they had "Table 60" is where all the big cash games were at in Vegas. I'd go over there and watch Doyle, Freddy Deebs, Chip Reese, etc the whole collection of poker God's play, there would be $1M to $3M in cash and chips on the table at any given time. If you played on table 60-you were a fcuking player!!! I dont play poker.

The hard lesson for me was i busted my ass for my $55K or half brick of c-notes and these guys were tossing them around like nothing. WTF almost 4 year of my life and I got a half brick.

I was a loser, period. end of story, I signed NNN leases, opened stores, did all the right shit and after 4 years I got a half a brick, no job, no pussy and if i'm not at the pool room 12-15 hours a day i'm at the Shoe eating $2 steaks. Scuffing around pool rooms, going to Phoenix every 6-8 weeks because I could win more $ there playing pool, I play good but not good enough to be a pro, and Vegas has never had good pool action.

I was board, the burn rate of my $ was VERY SLOW, I had 3 years of college, before the 3.37 years of retail biz-shop keeper shit, but seeing those guys toss around $100K bricks (about $200K now adjusted for inflation)

I knew something HAD TO CHANGE!!!! Pool was such a grind, but it was better than trading hours for dollars. I was a free man, but i wasnt. I had to be at the pool room to wait for a sucker, customer, game what ever you want to call it. This was my 2nd pool grind period in my life, I did it from 85-88 as well. then went square into the Pet biz NNN leases,

Then one night a guy in the pool room, changed EVERYTHING. After I asked him a question. kinda like the OP in this thread,

That story tomaro, and i'll put the time into writing it better so i'm not accused of being stoned again, i'll bet pinks i'd pass a clean blood test.

Thanks, Etic! I'm looking forward to reading it! :)

Ian

i never mentioned this before in a post,

when i moved to vegas in 91-92, i dont even remember what year it was, i had just closed down 2 retail pet stores in nor cal, i was about 25 years old, and just came off a 3.75 year run, the first 3 years I did great, the last 8 months-game over. I learned a painful lesson. I went from a $350,000 networth to $55,000 all in cash, just a stack of c-notes. All that time for a half a brick-then i'd go up the the Shoe and eat the $2 steak. I had a room mate, lived on the $2 steak and the $4.45 buffet at the Gold Coast. I preserved as much of my "Stack as I could"

When I was at the Shoe-that's Horseshoe Casino Downtown Vegas, during the poker WSOP and other big poker Tourneys they had "Table 60" is where all the big cash games were at in Vegas. I'd go over there and watch Doyle, Freddy Deebs, Chip Reese, etc the whole collection of poker God's play, there would be $1M to $3M in cash and chips on the table at any given time. If you played on table 60-you were a fcuking player!!! I dont play poker.

The hard lesson for me was i busted my ass for my $55K or half brick of c-notes and these guys were tossing them around like nothing. WTF almost 4 year of my life and I got a half brick.

I was a loser, period. end of story, I signed NNN leases, opened stores, did all the right shit and after 4 years I got a half a brick, no job, no pussy and if i'm not at the pool room 12-15 hours a day i'm at the Shoe eating $2 steaks. Scuffing around pool rooms, going to Phoenix every 6-8 weeks because I could win more $ there playing pool, I play good but not good enough to be a pro, and Vegas has never had good pool action.

I was board, the burn rate of my $ was VERY SLOW, I had 3 years of college, before the 3.37 years of retail biz-shop keeper shit, but seeing those guys toss around $100K bricks (about $200K now adjusted for inflation)

I knew something HAD TO CHANGE!!!! Pool was such a grind, but it was better than trading hours for dollars. I was a free man, but i wasnt. I had to be at the pool room to wait for a sucker, customer, game what ever you want to call it. This was my 2nd pool grind period in my life, I did it from 85-88 as well. then went square into the Pet biz NNN leases,

Then one night a guy in the pool room, changed EVERYTHING. After I asked him a question. kinda like the OP in this thread,

That story tomaro, and i'll put the time into writing it better so i'm not accused of being stoned again, i'll bet pinks i'd pass a clean blood test.

You are loser!! I make mellons! Get out of my way! Come to my seminar!! I make you millons!!

Is that where the King of The Hill version came from? Lol.