Baltimore is an absolute war zone right now

Griza

Reading through different boards of people with completely different social backgrounds(Lambo Power obviously being upper social class) is strange.

Everyone jumps to the side of the story which benefits them the most with very little regards to the thoughts and lifes of the people on the other end of the spectrum.

I think it could go a long way to try to walk in someone elses shoes and I mean both sides with that.

However, I kinda expected more educated comments on this board and less bandwagoning.

Let me explain something to you. I normally don't talk about my personal life in public venues. I am not rich, I never started out rich. My family is not rich-they never were rich. Let me tell you about being poor. My dad was a career Marine, and went to war the first few years of my childhood. I didn't see my father very often and the military made jack shit, back then, (especially enlisted).

My father was kicked out due to medical issues and not given any benefits, when I was six. (That was a different time from today). My family had nowhere to go, nowhere to stay, nothing to fall back on. My parents had no jobs, nothing. We were homeless. We eventually took out some loans and moved to Springfield Missouri. My father got a job being a security guard job to pay for college so he could be a pastor. My mom worked more than 80 hours a week for five years straight as a CNA to pay or us kids. She was wiping people's asses and cleaning up messes because she didn't have a degree. I rarely saw my parent during these years. Our clothes were sometimes washed in a bathtub and hung outside to dry because we couldn't afford water sometimes. My clothes I wore when I went to school had holes in them. At one time I wore the same pair of shoes for three years. My dad drove a car like in Uncle Buck because it was all my parents could afford. My parents refused to take taxpayer assistance when we lived there. I lived in the ghetto. Sometimes we had police up and down our street. One time as a kid, I looked out the window and we had a helicopter above our house and a swat team in our back yard while they were busting our drug dealing next door neighbors. We were in a shithole.

After this time in my life, my dad got a job as a pastor at a church in Colorado, when he obtained his degree (he worked so many hours and was able to get a six year degree in 4 years). The church he was a pastor of thrived more and more, and many more people started to visit each Sunday. The church deacons were racist and ended up saying that Black and Mexican people weren't allowed to come to church. My dad disagreed with them and we were kicked out of this small town and homeless again.

Eventually my family moved in with my grandmother in California and I slept on a twin sized air mattress every night with my brother, that went flat by morning, for three years. Again, I ended up wearing the same clothes and shoes for three years straight while my dad searched and searched for a career while holding minimum wage jobs. My back hurt, kids made fun of me at school, etc. I had every reason to hate life. I was fcuking poor.

Did I blame society? No, I fcuking didn't.

Did I become a pessimistic little shit and blame the world for my problems, no it didn't.

Did I revolt and do drugs and other crazy shit? No, I didn't.

I was taught that hard work pays off. Today my dad makes six figures and has a paid off house, because he worked he worked his fcuking ass off. We put up with 13 years of crap to have better lives, and if more of America actually put their time towards something more productive than playing a victim and blaming society, this might actually be less of a poor country. Instead of these people saying "how can I improve my community and help make it a better place?" they are the adults rioting instead of being responsible and being mentors for children. What are kids doing instead of working hard to achieve their goals?- they're throwing bricks and setting shit on fire and dealing drugs. If you are poor, you have almost no one to blame but yourself. If you're unsuccessful, you need to keep trying until you get there. Am I successful? I'd like to think I am somewhat successful and doing okay, but I'm damn-well nowhere near where I want to be, and I'm going to work off my ass to get there.

There is no reason for this shit to be going on.

End rant. Sorry for my grammatical errors.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it could go a long way to try to walk in someone elses shoes

I am pretty sure all those thieving criminals claiming to be protestors are already walking in someone else's shoes. They stole them from a store they attempted to burn down. Maybe they really needed those brand new Nike sneakers they didn't work for or pay for to help them run around faster and throw bricks through windows and set fire to stuff :eusa_wall:

She's the MAYOR! ha

Haha I know she's the mayor because I watched the video, I meant I don't know what kind of person she is not what she does for a living.

Baltimore Law Enforcement source says the police received the following order from the Mayor:

"Let them loot, it's only property."

When the source was asked directly if that order came from the mayor, he replied:

"You are goddamn right it was."

If that's true, I guess we've been looking at it all wrong guys! It's only property!

Someone's business or livelihood ransacked, looted, and/or burned to the ground - hey, only property!

Someone's only means of automotive transport stolen and/or burned - hey, only property!

Easy to say when it isn't YOUR property, "Mayor". :jackoff:

Baltimore Law Enforcement source says the police received the following order from the Mayor:

"Let them loot, it's only property."

When the source was asked directly if that order came from the mayor, he replied:

"You are goddamn right it was."

If that's true, I guess we've been looking at it all wrong guys! It's only property!

Someone's business or livelihood ransacked, looted, and/or burned to the ground - hey, only property!

Someone's only means of automotive transport stolen and/or burned - hey, only property!

Easy to say when it isn't YOUR property, "Mayor". :jackoff:

Did you do anything to confirm this was actually true before posting it?

Did you do anything to confirm this was actually true before posting it?

I have seen it on multiple news outlets that have been used to post articles on LP before.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/04/br...-only-property/

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/29/fox-repo...hem-loot-video/

And the newscast video... about 35 seconds into the video:

My fault for not throwing in those links in my original post.

Not saying that it did not happen , just hate seeing so many things posted that are just speculation. I also HATE the news stories that are nothing more than a question that they run all day before telling you the actual truth. For example , this one by Neil Cavuto " Did Baltimore's Mayor give an order to let the protestors loot? More information on this shortly" . They'll run that for HOURS before having a shred of evidence. Could you imagine if I was on National News tomorrow like :

" Did Ryan355 and Destructo rape and kidnap a 13 year old girl? More information later" *runs for 12 hours straight*

12 hours later

" No they did not , it turns out a mentally ill neighbor made this accusation up . We'll be right back with a story on Mental Illness and how it's affecting people across the nation "

Not saying that it did not happen , just hate seeing so many things posted that are just speculation. I also HATE the news stories that are nothing more than a question that they run all day before telling you the actual truth. For example , this one by Neil Cavuto " Did Baltimore's Mayor give an order to let the protestors loot? More information on this shortly" . They'll run that for HOURS before having a shred of evidence. Could you imagine if I was on National News tomorrow like :

I hear you Zmydust, and I understand what you mean. I do not have any skin in the game to tell me that was truly said or not. I acknowledge the news media in general doesn't have the best track record of being right. This morning, I was scouting the news as I do each day and do my best to find multiple sources before even posting anything here.

My thoughts were clouded being so disgusted by the behavior of looting, has me more disgusted when I see some report hinting it may have been allowed. I think I'll just take a break on the thread, it may be good to just read. Happy that you shared your view, we can have a discussion, and all is good. :icon_thumleft:

Reading through different boards of people with completely different social backgrounds(Lambo Power obviously being upper social class) is strange.

Everyone jumps to the side of the story which benefits them the most with very little regards to the thoughts and lifes of the people on the other end of the spectrum.

I think it could go a long way to try to walk in someone elses shoes and I mean both sides with that.

However, I kinda expected more educated comments on this board and less bandwagoning.

Let me explain something.... There are two different issues at play here, each with several sub-issues.

Issue one- Police brutality. When it happens there is no fcuking excuse for it. I dont think you're going to find anybody on this forum who thinks its ok.

Sub issue one- Is police brutality a rampant problem in America? No. Is it being portrayed as such by the media right now? yes. How do I know this? The statistics bear that out... In a nation of 300+ Million people, 500 are killed by police every year. Even if you decided not a single fcuking one of them was justifiable, (and the vast majority are) its still a fcuking rarity.

Sub-issue two- Is this narrative good for certain political parties and candidates and is it being actively managed and exploited by them? Absolutely.

Issue two- The rioting. There is no fcuking excuse for it either. NONE. It helps NOBODY and those who do it are uncivilized bags of shit, most often, out to enrich themselves, and more often than not, just opportunistic outsiders and agitators. See sub issue two above.

Sub issue one- Do we have a right to be outraged when those who are tasked with "Insuring Domestic Tranquility" do nothing to stop it, and in fact allow and encourage it? Absolutely. The current Constitution of the United States, is not the first government formed after our independence from Britain. In fact the first government we formed only lasted 9 years, and was dissolved largely in part because it failed to stop a bunch of pissed of farmers from rioting in Springfield Massachusetts. Its too bad we don't think that way anymore.

Sub issue two- Have these cities, that keep getting burned down by pissed off black people, been run, without exception, by liberals (who the same pissed off black people vote for without exception) for the last 50 and sometimes 100 years straight? YES. Do the rest of us have a right to say "insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"? You bet your ass.

Let me explain something.... There are two different issues at play here, each with several sub-issues.

Issue one- Police brutality. When it happens there is no fcuking excuse for it. I dont think you're going to find anybody on this forum who thinks its ok.

Sub issue one- Is police brutality a rampant problem in America? No. Is it being portrayed as such by the media right now? yes. How do I know this? The statistics bear that out... In a nation of 300+ Million people, 500 are killed by police every year. Even if you decided not a single fcuking one of them was justifiable, (and the vast majority are) its still a fcuking rarity.

Sub-issue two- Is this narrative good for certain political parties and candidates and is it being actively managed and exploited by them? Absolutely.

Issue two- The rioting. There is no fcuking excuse for it either. NONE. It helps NOBODY and those who do it are uncivilized bags of shit, most often, out to enrich themselves, and more often than not, just opportunistic outsiders and agitators. See sub issue two above.

Sub issue one- Do we have a right to be outraged when those who are tasked with "Insuring Domestic Tranquility" do nothing to stop it, and in fact allow and encourage it? Absolutely. The current Constitution of the United States, is not the first government formed after our independence from Britain. In fact the first government we formed only lasted 9 years, and was dissolved largely in part because it failed to stop a bunch of pissed of farmers from rioting in Springfield Massachusetts. Its too bad we don't think that way anymore.

Sub issue two- Have these cities, that keep getting burned down by pissed off black people, been run, without exception, by liberals (who the same pissed off black people vote for without exception) for the last 50 and sometimes 100 years straight? YES. Do the rest of us have a right to say "insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"? You bet your ass.

:iamwithstupid:

This. The big winners here are the media and certain political candidates. Disgusting...

Nail on the head. :icon_thumleft:

This is another repeat of Ferguson. People making assumptions before completion of a formal investigation, while using the death of Freddie Grey as a guise to loot, steal and destroy - in their own neighborhoods no less. This has less to do with Freddie Grey and more to do with taking advantage of a situation.

What's truly sick here is that Freddie Grey, and man with over 20 convicted felonies, was not in prison in the first place.

This is another repeat of Ferguson. People making assumptions before completion of a formal investigation, while using the death of Freddie Grey as a guise to loot, steal and destroy - in their own neighborhoods no less. This has less to do with Freddie Grey and more to do with taking advantage of a situation.

What's truly sick here is that Freddie Grey, and man with over 20 convicted felonies, was not in prison in the first place.

56970094.jpg

His ARREST record was 18 arrests, not even the most unlucky fool would have 20 felony convictions on that quantity of arrests. Where are you getting your info? Yes, he was a POS criminal , but damn .

I think you are not understanding the demo here on LP. Unlike other marques, Lamborghini seems to attract the entrepreneurial, self made - the kids that didn't have money growing up and made something of themselves. Weren't held hostage by their environment, upbringing or education. They made it happen in spite of the odds by working hard, staying focused, being accountable and not taking NO for answer.

So naturally there would be little sympathy for those that choose to repeat the cycle and play cards they were dealt in life..it's a choice.

56970094.jpg

His ARREST record was 18 arrests, not even the most unlucky fool would have 20 felony convictions on that quantity of arrests. Where are you getting your info? Yes, he was a POS criminal , but damn .

18 arrests?

Looking at the Maryland Judiciary Case Search

http://i.imgur.com/2GoHVut.jpg

18 arrests?

Looking at the Maryland Judiciary Case Search

http://i.imgur.com/2GoHVut.jpg

Where are the 20 convicted felonies ? Those are cases, not arrests . If so , by all means , but if we aren't SURE of that why are we posting it ? It seems as though everyone has decided they are omnipotent in this situation, chosen a side accordingly and are only looking for evidence to support their thoughts. RomanDad did a great job of posting the multiple issues and even posted a possiblility while calling it that rather than posting as if he KNEW .

Where are the 20 convicted felonies ? Those are cases, not arrests . If so , by all means , but if we aren't SURE of that why are we posting it ? It seems as though everyone has decided they are omnipotent in this situation, chosen a side accordingly and are only looking for evidence to support their thoughts. RomanDad did a great job of posting the multiple issues and even posted a possiblility while calling it that rather than posting as if he KNEW .

I don't know what the outcome of the investigation will be. It's irrelevant to me as I side with what RomanDad has stated - the media blows these numbers way out of proportion for their own gain. I do however see that most of the carnage that has been caused is the result of people who have already "chosen a side".

I think you are not understanding the demo here on LP. Unlike other marques, Lamborghini seems to attract the entrepreneurial, self made - the kids that didn't have money growing up and made something of themselves. Weren't held hostage by their environment, upbringing or education. They made it happen in spite of the odds by working hard, staying focused, being accountable and not taking NO for answer.

So naturally there would be little sympathy for those that choose to repeat the cycle and play cards they were dealt in life..it's a choice.

Hey, Im just an unfrozen, dyslexic, caveman lawyer.

I was serious..why can't the cops use rubber bullets? Ehh.... I guess I get it, no one wants to get shot.

I was serious..why can't the cops use rubber bullets? Ehh.... I guess I get it, no one wants to get shot.

For riot control? They CAN...

Why DIDN'T they in this case?

Evidently because their bosses told them not too...

Why would they do that? You tell me... Evidently my tin foils too tight....