Baltimore is an absolute war zone right now

Griza

I like the fire hose method personally, they did use some sort of rubber bullet though. It wasn't the normal type it was like a giant slug one of the reporters picked it up.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 officers charged with Manslaughter (negligent homicide) , Assault, False imprisonment and the driver of the waggon charged with 2nd degree murder.

So... Apparently he was stopped for violating the Westside Story act of 1961 (possession of a switchblade knife- one of the dumbest laws ever passed, bested perhaps only by the American Ninja Laws of 1985- Throwing stars and nunchucks ) but, he didnt have a switchblade... He had a legal pocket knife. They arrested him anyways... And then it sounds like he was "taken for a ride" as mentioned earlier in the thread....

So, I guess it's the report of him self-harming in the van vs. the so-called "illegal" arrest which put him in the van in the first place? The officers claimed he was armed with a knife which was clipped to his pocket but it was a legal knife...

So, I guess it's the report of him self-harming in the van vs. the so-called "illegal" arrest which put him in the van in the first place? The officers claimed he was armed with a knife which was clipped to his pocket but it was a legal knife...

Well... I think some of the charges are easier than others...

Here's the deal. It's not illegal to run away from the police. But the police have a chase instinct like a cat... "He saw me and ran away" is not sufficient PC to make an arrest. Nor is it enough for a "Terry stop". Having a legal knife is not against the law, or sufficient for an arrest. But, they cuffed him for failing the "attitude test". This is the passive aggressive street justice type shit a lot of cops learn to engage in. "He ran because hes a criminal... I know hes a criminal. He knows I know hes a criminal. He made me chase him. Just because he doesnt have anything illegal on him, doesnt mean he gets to walk... Ill take him in, give him a rough time, knowing ill kick him later."

That's false imprisonment. And refuting it will be difficult.

Assault- If they didn't have a reason to chase him, (and he ran away when he saw me isn't a good reason) catching him is assault.. Tough to refute.

Man's Laughter- Or "Negligent Homicide"- Failing to act in a reasonable manner, which failure results in death. Sounds like he kept asking for help and none was given. Failure to render or request medical aid (which police must do for their customers once they take custody of them) gets the Manslaughter pretty solid. It could also stem from putting him in the back of the van and NOT putting a seatbelt on... Now, the van wasnt in an "accident" but one can imagine where the lack of a seatbelt could cause a person in back to be injured even under fairly normal driving... This may get harder.

Murder 2. They pretty much have to prove the guy driving that van intentionally took him on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Intentionally knocking him around the back of the cage. They MAY be able to do that... Don't know yet.

Sadly I don't think there is any way to get a fair trial now. These guys are fcucked.

I was talking about this with my cousin. She said working regular patrol, you get to know the "bad" guys. Some cops harass people with a record, find any little thing they can bust them on. She even knows some will find something but not enough for real charges. Well on these the cops have been known to tune up the suspect. She knows it happens even in her department. But nobody is willing to be a rat, not the regular officers, not the sergeants, etc. They even cover for these incidents. Few years ago, well my cousin broke some guys jaw. She used her baton on his ass. Her sergeant told her, next time just use the taser. Cousin believes, he was known to police, he always got off light at court. The cops knew it was a BS arrest and would get tossed in court. So they the cops decided to administer street justice. Cops know now they could be on camera, so they used the van, gave him a bumpy ride.

My cousin said the first rule of law enforcement, she learned from her training officer, was how to be insulted in court by how the defense is saying they intentionally harmed the defendant!

I was talking about this with my cousin. She said working regular patrol, you get to know the "bad" guys. Some cops harass people with a record, find any little thing they can bust them on. She even knows some will find something but not enough for real charges. Well on these the cops have been known to tune up the suspect. She knows it happens even in her department. But nobody is willing to be a rat, not the regular officers, not the sergeants, etc. They even cover for these incidents. Few years ago, well my cousin broke some guys jaw. She used her baton on his ass. Her sergeant told her, next time just use the taser. Cousin believes, he was known to police, he always got off light at court. The cops knew it was a BS arrest and would get tossed in court. So they the cops decided to administer street justice. Cops know now they could be on camera, so they used the van, gave him a bumpy ride.

My cousin said the first rule of law enforcement, she learned from her training officer, was how to be insulted in court by how the defense is saying they intentionally harmed the defendant!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying your cousin broke some guy's jaw during a BS arrest where the cops were essentially harassing someone because he was "known" to them?

I hope that's not the case...

The cops are not saints. Police administering street justice, its not racial and its global! Oh my cousins case was a known Hells Angel that made a threat to her. So she decided to put him in cuffs until back up arrived. He decided to fight being put in cuffs. So she made sure she won the fight. He was stopped for no reason. Canadian police don't need probable cause to stop a vehicle. They can stop at anytime to check for sobriety and proper licensing of the vehicle. Actually technically, police in the states, don't actually need probable cause either, thanks click it or ticket day or night.

Sub issue one- Is police brutality a rampant problem in America? No. Is it being portrayed as such by the media right now? yes. How do I know this? The statistics bear that out... In a nation of 300+ Million people, 500 are killed by police every year. Even if you decided not a single fcuking one of them was justifiable, (and the vast majority are) its still a fcuking rarity.

Sub-issue two- Is this narrative good for certain political parties and candidates and is it being actively managed and exploited by them? Absolutely.

Issue two- The rioting. There is no fcuking excuse for it either. NONE. It helps NOBODY and those who do it are uncivilized bags of shit, most often, out to enrich themselves, and more often than not, just opportunistic outsiders and agitators. See sub issue two above.

Sub issue one- Do we have a right to be outraged when those who are tasked with "Insuring Domestic Tranquility" do nothing to stop it, and in fact allow and encourage it? Absolutely. The current Constitution of the United States, is not the first government formed after our independence from Britain. In fact the first government we formed only lasted 9 years, and was dissolved largely in part because it failed to stop a bunch of pissed of farmers from rioting in Springfield Massachusetts. Its too bad we don't think that way anymore.

Sub issue two- Have these cities, that keep getting burned down by pissed off black people, been run, without exception, by liberals (who the same pissed off black people vote for without exception) for the last 50 and sometimes 100 years straight? YES. Do the rest of us have a right to say "insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result"? You bet your ass.

Agree on all points.

The important factor here is wether police brutality really is not a rampant problem in the US.

The media, as you said, is surely portaying it that way(also here in the eu) but I can´t judge that in an educated way, you´re better at this as a native. However, if it is than the only solution to uneducated and destitute people is to burn things down and honestly, sometimes it is needed(democraties always rise from the ashes).

Of course this could all be media and political play as you´ve pointed out(I can´t judge that), and in that case my point is irrelevant.

However, when I´m reading that the people who filmed the last few incidents(michael brown and the others) and their families are being harressed and detained by the police for dubios reasoning than I start to wonder.

et me explain something to you. I normally don't talk about my personal life in public venues. I am not rich, I never started out rich. My family is not rich-they never were rich. Let me tell you about being poor. My dad was a career Marine, and went to war the first few years of my childhood. I didn't see my father very often and the military made jack shit, back then, (especially enlisted).

My father was kicked out due to medical issues and not given any benefits, when I was six. (That was a different time from today). My family had nowhere to go, nowhere to stay, nothing to fall back on. My parents had no jobs, nothing. We were homeless. We eventually took out some loans and moved to Springfield Missouri. My father got a job being a security guard job to pay for college so he could be a pastor. My mom worked more than 80 hours a week for five years straight as a CNA to pay or us kids. She was wiping people's asses and cleaning up messes because she didn't have a degree. I rarely saw my parent during these years. Our clothes were sometimes washed in a bathtub and hung outside to dry because we couldn't afford water sometimes. My clothes I wore when I went to school had holes in them. At one time I wore the same pair of shoes for three years. My dad drove a car like in Uncle Buck because it was all my parents could afford. My parents refused to take taxpayer assistance when we lived there. I lived in the ghetto. Sometimes we had police up and down our street. One time as a kid, I looked out the window and we had a helicopter above our house and a swat team in our back yard while they were busting our drug dealing next door neighbors. We were in a shithole.

After this time in my life, my dad got a job as a pastor at a church in Colorado, when he obtained his degree (he worked so many hours and was able to get a six year degree in 4 years). The church he was a pastor of thrived more and more, and many more people started to visit each Sunday. The church deacons were racist and ended up saying that Black and Mexican people weren't allowed to come to church. My dad disagreed with them and we were kicked out of this small town and homeless again.

Eventually my family moved in with my grandmother in California and I slept on a twin sized air mattress every night with my brother, that went flat by morning, for three years. Again, I ended up wearing the same clothes and shoes for three years straight while my dad searched and searched for a career while holding minimum wage jobs. My back hurt, kids made fun of me at school, etc. I had every reason to hate life. I was fcuking poor.

Did I blame society? No, I fcuking didn't.

Did I become a pessimistic little shit and blame the world for my problems, no it didn't.

Did I revolt and do drugs and other crazy shit? No, I didn't.

I was taught that hard work pays off. Today my dad makes six figures and has a paid off house, because he worked he worked his fcuking ass off. We put up with 13 years of crap to have better lives, and if more of America actually put their time towards something more productive than playing a victim and blaming society, this might actually be less of a poor country. Instead of these people saying "how can I improve my community and help make it a better place?" they are the adults rioting instead of being responsible and being mentors for children. What are kids doing instead of working hard to achieve their goals?- they're throwing bricks and setting shit on fire and dealing drugs. If you are poor, you have almost no one to blame but yourself. If you're unsuccessful, you need to keep trying until you get there. Am I successful? I'd like to think I am somewhat successful and doing okay, but I'm damn-well nowhere near where I want to be, and I'm going to work off my ass to get there.

There is no reason for this shit to be going on.

End rant. Sorry for my grammatical errors.

Hey that´s pretty much my fathers story too :icon_mrgreen:

However, digging yourself out of a financial hole is a completely different thing compared to injustice on a organised and political level(again, if it is true the way the media is portaying). You wonßt change s a certain group of people and a certan political landscape with just hard work on your own.

Go tell that the guys who let their lifes during the arab spring(now I know I´m over dramatizing here, lol).

Nothing changes without pressure.

Burning things down is never acceptable, unless they are burning down their own stuff. I can't imagine if you own any property, that you'd be ok with it getting burned down for any reason.

• 2 months later...

Feds won't reverse denial of Baltimore riot disaster aid and I am glad.

http://news.yahoo.com/feds-wont-reverse-de...-180400862.html

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has refused to reverse its denial of disaster aid to help Maryland and Baltimore recover millions of dollars in costs stemming from rioting in the city in April, Gov. Larry Hogan's office said Thursday.

Let them live with the carnage they created for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Why they don't just put a bullet in these 2, is beyond me, especially the one making the comments in the video. Let's just pay for 50 years of jail each... Yea that makes sense. Smh