IV green purchase

JanDaMan

2008 LP640 just arrived today, now need to get smog done, etc. Never drove one before untill today right off the truck, but pretty easy and rides excellent!

post-209049-1433186203_thumb.jpg

Love it, congrats!!

If you are in LA we should go for a drive, lots of great Murci owners here. :)

Hell yeah! Now that Luxeous wisened up and moved north we could get some murci's rolling. :icon_super:

Love it, congrats!!

If you are in LA we should go for a drive, lots of great Murci owners here. :)

Laguna is awesome why the move Lux?

Hell yeah! Now that Luxeous wisened up and moved north we could get some murci's rolling. :icon_super:

:headbang:

Laguna is awesome why the move Lux?

Man I loved it down there but Malibu will always have my heart. Nothing beats taking the bull through the canyons up here. You guys need to take a trip up!

In deed, maybe this summer sometime.

Jandaman, hope to see you around OC, would love to hear the Kreisegg compared to my Capristo.

In deed, maybe this summer sometime.

Jandaman, hope to see you around OC, would love to hear the Kreisegg compared to my Capristo.

Yeah, the irvine Cars & Coffee would have been fun to take it, but that got shut down. Convenient and close to me. Glad it passed smog no problem. It does have the Capristo exhaust, so maybe prior owner changed to Cap. Button 2 wakes the dead. Although this was my first drive, I need to learn how to drive it properly so I don't wear out the clutch needlessly. Maybe the op manual that came with it explains some, so I will check that out. When coming to a stop light I downshift and then coast it in neutral near the light, then on light change I go to first. In other words I don't keep it in first while waiting for light change, as I thought that may wear the clutch. I could be wrong, but I got the impression that basically any real low speed or low RPM in gear is hard on the clutch.

Yeah, the irvine Cars & Coffee would have been fun to take it, but that got shut down. Convenient and close to me. Glad it passed smog no problem. It does have the Capristo exhaust, so maybe prior owner changed to Cap. Button 2 wakes the dead. Although this was my first drive, I need to learn how to drive it properly so I don't wear out the clutch needlessly. Maybe the op manual that came with it explains some, so I will check that out. When coming to a stop light I downshift and then coast it in neutral near the light, then on light change I go to first. In other words I don't keep it in first while waiting for light change, as I thought that may wear the clutch. I could be wrong, but I got the impression that basically any real low speed or low RPM in gear is hard on the clutch.

Going slow or reverse are the worst for your clutch.

When coming to a stop light I downshift and then coast it in neutral near the light, then on light change I go to first.

The e gear can downshift automatically as you slow, and remember when your foot on the brakes if you are at idle with light brake foot pressure the car will go into neutral on it's own.

The e gear can downshift automatically as you slow, and remember when your foot on the brakes if you are at idle with light brake foot pressure the car will go into neutral on it's own.

Nice tips, I didn't know. That is helpful.

Congrats!!!

I'm down (or up) for a drive.

Newport Supercar show the 6th would have been great but I can't make that show.

So, what do you think? Give us your review!

My review is more like WTF, can't be explained in words much other than that. I have been looking at the Murci for quite some time, and had my mind set on Ithaca Green as it just seems to suit the car so well. Plus I am from Ithaca NY, so of course that color was just meant to be. I only drove the car twice so far, so still getting used to operating it; however it is much easier than I thought from stories I have heard. But the whole experience is beyond my expectations. Need to get more comfortable with the egear, but did pretty well first time for never driven one. I am used to my hard core Panteras with manual shifting, so a couple times I was looking for the clutch when operating the paddles. Lucky I didn't stomp on the CCB when doing so. Only downside for me is the inability to adjust the seat vertically, but I will fix that, plus I wish the front would raise higher. It is so easy to scrape the front. You have to angle the crap out of it, and also take it very very slow when doing so, and we know what that process does to the clutch. The sound from the Cap exhaust is unreal too. First time I downshifted I almost crapped my pants.