New owner 2008 LP640

jamesb

All,

I just wanted to give a quick update as to my journey to ownership. As some of you may recall, I asked for guidance on a LP640 at Palm Beach Lamborghini a few weeks ago. I received lots of good guidance and special thanks goes out to NSXtoMURCI for stopping by to give the car a good look over as well. The short story is I bought the car and it was delivered to my home here in Montgomery, Texas last Thursday. Unfortunately, it had several small cosmetic scratches on the right hand side created when the shipper pulled the car out earlier in the day to unload another car; the wheels, mirror and whatever that vent is called behind and below the passenger door all where slightly scratched. I also realized the shipper unloaded the car with the parking brake on the whole time. With all of this silliness, I've taken the car to Lamborghini of Houston to get the cosmetics fixed as well as an e-gear snap and check on the parking brake. Palm Beach did an e-gear snap right before it was shipped to me so I can see if he deteriorated the clutch by backing it up with the emergency brake on. I hope to get the car back in the next two weeks and will submit the obligatory pictures post haste. It was quite the anti-climatic event, seeing my beautiful car getting unloaded and then BAM, I see these scratches. I at least enjoyed the drive from my home to the dealership to drop it off!

Sorry to hear. My first MURCIE also had delivery issues that drove me batty. Was fine after they got sorted but it was a sour experience. Looking forward to seeing pix when you get it back.

That's terrible, what a disappointing way to receive a new car. That should be the best part of the purchase experience! (Aside from getting to know the car and drive it..) I hope it all works out.

What transporter if you don't mind me asking? I am getting ready to ship a Murcielago cross country and don't want to use the same company as you if they were that ignorant. If you are more comfortable with a PM or not saying anything, either is fine too.

What transporter if you don't mind me asking? I am getting ready to ship a Murcielago cross country and don't want to use the same company as you if they were that ignorant. If you are more comfortable with a PM or not saying anything, either is fine too.

I used a guy with a single car enclosed trailer when I had my diablo shipped form Dallas to New Orleans. Eliminates the need to move the car to load or unload another vehicle. Also transit time is generally quicker because it is a direct route.

I've had JP Logistics move all my Murci's and they are consistently great.

My recommendation would be to avoid Gran Turismo. I use/recommend JP Logistics also. Great guys to work with and very good at taking care of the customers if anything was to go wrong.

jamesB - congrats on joining the Lambo club. Some say it can be quite addicting!! ;)

Looking forward to see her when you head down to San Antonio for a nice drive...

Best of luck

D

• 1 month later...

After a long wait, I finally have possession of my 2008 LP640 Murcielago. My first impressions of the car are it likes to go fast and anything under 10 mph (parking, driveways, stop lights, etc.) is less than smooth. I have the e-gear so that may be a factor and my newness to it. Seems like 80+ mph is the sweet spot. The car pulls like a boss (as it should) and stops with the same capacity. The brakes (CCB) are amazing, the potential downside is even with the short amount of driving I did yesterday, when I got into my daily driver, I was quickly reminded that it doesn’t stop like the CCB! I live out in the boonies (for Houstonians, I’m in Montgomery) so not a lot of exotics out here so within fifteen minutes of driving I had a guy following me around videoing the car and 3 folks taking pictures going down the road. I also should mention some random lady with her two kids followed me home to check out my car. My wife was not amused… Overall, very happy with the purchase and looking forward to more seat time. Assuming the weather is fine, I’m going to the cars/coffee event at Lamborghini of Houston on July 18th so hope to see some of you there. I added further pictures in the new owners thread if anyone is interested in seeing more pictures.

2008_Murci_image1__1_.jpg

Congrats and enjoy in the best of health.

I had people follow me all the time. I'd never go home - don't want them to know my location. I'd choose a public place or just keep driving around until they got sick of it and would go away. Most people were great - very respectful.

Sorry to hear about the shipping issues - glad it's home and you are enjoying it! CCB are fantastic and cut way down on wheel washing (in addition to stopping the car extremely well).

Congrats and love the black wheels look. Also try to verify that your gas tank is defective or not, if it is Lamborghini Dealer will replace it free of charge. Wish I remember to inform you this when I was looking at it for you.

Glad to see you are finally getting to enjoy your car! She looks great. When people follow me home, I just don't go. As another forum member said, I just don't want people to know my specific address. OP I feel you on the shipping issues. On mine the shipper scratched the mirror. He let a tire go flat and then told me to drive on a tire with 18 PSI when it needs 46 PSI (which I didn't, had to drive home to get a compressor. They got the car super dirty, left the windows down, didn't protect any bit of the car, and worst of all got in through the window. It sucks when an incompetent "professional" ruins the delivery and hype of the car.

JamesB just take comfort in the fact that you have in your possession one of he nicest cars around...so wait till everyone is asleep go to the garage with a glass of wine and a cigar, have a seat and enjoy the view....then go for a drive!!!

I live out in the boonies (for Houstonians, I’m in Montgomery) so not a lot of exotics out here so within fifteen minutes of driving I had a guy following me around videoing the car and 3 folks taking pictures going down the road. I also should mention some random lady with her two kids followed me home to check out my car. My wife was not amused… Overall, very happy with the purchase and looking forward to more seat time. Assuming the weather is fine, I’m going to the cars/coffee event at Lamborghini of Houston on July 18th so hope to see some of you there. I added further pictures in the new owners thread if anyone is interested in seeing more pictures.

I moved from Montgomery to the west coast a while back. I regularly got waved down at stoplights and was almost wrecked into on two different occasions when a car veered into me while the driver was trying to take a video. The best story is that once I was on 105 and an old men in a pickup truck stopped me at the next light, rolled down his window and said, "What is that, some kind of space ship?" He was serious.

Have you lived in the area long? I can give you some pointers on roads where you can really open it up if you aren't sure where to go safely (in terms of both deer in the roads and police interaction).

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy!

Thanks all for the kind words, happy to have it back.

05LSV, PM me on those local driving areas around these parts, always open to top tips! Montgomery to SD? That's quite a change!

• 2 weeks later...

There is an orange LP640 that lives near me although I don't know him and don't think he is a member on forums but I saw it yesterday and man than thing has some presence.

car looks great....saw you on Walden road yesterday.

What the? I leave Texas and now a TTG owner making a spotting on Walden Road?? Shit man.