Jim Carrey , Seinfeld and Countach

Thanks for sharing, Allan! I really loved the video! Jim Carrey is hilarious! I miss watching Seinfeld back in the day, too. I especially loved Jim Carrey's shirt! :icon_mrgreen:

If I could ever afford an LP400, it would be that beautiful blue one!

CDN car, used to have hand controls. Subsequently sold to the CDN Lambo importer. It sat around for 20 years unused, i hope that gave it a good service, needed a lot of work

Maybe it was the combo of the car and Jim Carrey, but definitely one of the better episodes. The one with that Portland guy was painful to watch.

I really enjoy this web series. After 31 years that Countach is still SEX :icon_thumleft: They also filmed this one super close to me, that restaurant in Marina Del Rey is 4 minutes from my house. Certainly a great episode, there's a certain charm that this little series has.

Always when someone posts these I go and watch an episode or 1 and half.

And I just cant find what's so funny that the comedians cant stay on their feet. And I look at the screen with very stressed face and wait and wait when they are going to say something actually clever and it is my turn to laugh but it never comes. Then there is 1minute of the car but 5 minutes of close ups of coffee steaming and beans moving in the box.

This was propably best of it because Jim Carrey is just natural. But I just cant find Seinfeld funny at all. I feel like he is so concerned over not being controversial or not saying anything aggravating that the end result is like looking 15 minutes of a Bugatti Veyron going 35mph on cruise control. Obviously he is really talented and famous but it's all just too constricted and sane for me.

I really enjoy this web series. After 31 years that Countach is still SEX :icon_thumleft: They also filmed this one super close to me, that restaurant in Marina Del Rey is 4 minutes from my house. Certainly a great episode, there's a certain charm that this little series has.

AFTER 41! years...

Always when someone posts these I go and watch an episode or 1 and half.

And I just cant find what's so funny that the comedians cant stay on their feet. And I look at the screen with very stressed face and wait and wait when they are going to say something actually clever and it is my turn to laugh but it never comes. Then there is 1minute of the car but 5 minutes of close ups of coffee steaming and beans moving in the box.

This was propably best of it because Jim Carrey is just natural. But I just cant find Seinfeld funny at all. I feel like he is so concerned over not being controversial or not saying anything aggravating that the end result is like looking 15 minutes of a Bugatti Veyron going 35mph on cruise control. Obviously he is really talented and famous but it's all just too constricted and sane for me.

I'd like an input from a comic on this, as this show is fairly peculiar, but needs a right frame to understand/enjoy imo.

First few episodes I saw, I thought it was kind of boring too. Now afte listening to a bunch of Seinfeld interviews (one with Baldwin is great) I kind of get it. It's hard to explain though.

I thought Portland episode was good, and many others were much better than Carreys. In fact his is toward the bottom - the show is about 'this is our world, we are in on the joke' but JC is trying to hard to make the joke, where the jokes are the little things, not standing up in a diner and aiming for the glass. The key to being a comic is being authentic - OK, maybe he is like that in real life, but I think he is too attached to putting on a show to entertain, which is his thing, but that's not what stand up comedians do.. they joke with the little, subtle things - you can see it when Seinfeld has chemistry with one of them. Look at Larry David episode.

Why would you overanalyze comedy? It's meant to be (stupid) fun, something you don't have to think about, generally it gives you the opportunity to switch your brain off, that's why I love comedy shows, just relax and enjoy or turn away if you don't.

I like this series but it probably doesn't mean much to most here because I like a lot of comedy LOL.

Thanks for sharing, Allan! I really loved the video! Jim Carrey is hilarious! I miss watching Seinfeld back in the day, too. I especially loved Jim Carrey's shirt! :icon_mrgreen:

If I could ever afford an LP400, it would be that beautiful blue one![/quote

Oops wrong person responded to

CDN car, used to have hand controls. Subsequently sold to the CDN Lambo importer. It sat around for 20 years unused, i hope that gave it a good service, needed a lot of work

Paul marshals old car. He was paralyzed and used to do track days with that car and the hand controls

That car is awesome, I like Jerry now more than I did before and jim carrey just seems like a big old phony douchbag who is losing his mind

• 4 months later...

i still watch the reruns of Seinfeld, Kramer was the best for me, stole the show.

Respect to Jerry

For someone that really made it, you sense the passion & joy that comes from this show

Some episodes less entertaining than others, but since he's solely motivated by personal enjoyment, a certain anti-stress comes accross watching these clips.

Saw him live a few years ago at the Pantages, he was fantastic ! He mentioned in his act that he truly loved stand-up, where some comedians view it as a necessary evil, avoiding it after success (Eddie Murphy is said to hate standup even though he's a riot)

If your situation allows: "Do what you love you'll never work a day in your life" !

I was fortunate enough to have a really nice conversation with Paul Marshal a few years back.

He had posted a period video of a drive he and some friends had done back in the day and I was able to spend some time talking with him over the phone about his car. It was really interesting listening him describe the reaction of those who first encountered the Countach on the open road in the 1970's.

He was also kind enough to send me some period pictures of both he and the car.

As a side note, the car was used as an Alpine Audio "promo vehicle" and did a tour of Canada including stops in some of the smaller cities.

He had posted a period video of a drive he and some friends had done back in the day and I was able to spend some time talking with him over the phone about his car. It was really interesting listening him describe the reaction of those who first encountered the Countach on the open road in the 1970's.

He was also kind enough to send me some period pictures of both he and the car.

Plz share them if it were possible.

As soon as Jim Carrey started getting fingerprints on my windshield I would have stopped the car and told him to walk his pet detective ass back home.