Murci manual gears value in 10 years from now, thoughts?

It will not happen 6speed is dead. Aside from economic dips these cars will rise in value and eventually will bring a lot of money. I can't say 10 years, may be more.

One of three things is going to happen;

1. Lambo values are going to go Ferrari/Porsche and we're going to be sitting on some incredibly expensive cars.

2. The cars' won't appreciate their value for 40 years.

3. Value will drop because people will realize that manual transmissions suck in comparison to egear and/or autonomous cars will have taken over the world.

So in 2025, a modest 10-years away, where will the 130k murcis and.the 190 k LPs be valued at? Any thoughts of Lambo bringing the 6 speed back?

Let me look in my crystal ball.... :icon_mrgreen:

One of three things is going to happen;

1. Lambo values are going to go Ferrari/Porsche and we're going to be sitting on some incredibly expensive cars.

2. The cars' won't appreciate their value for 40 years.

3. Value will drop because people will realize that manual transmissions suck in comparison to egear and/or autonomous cars will have taken over the world.

I choose door number 1 :icon_mrgreen:

WELL...if there is any indication with past sales...I can say the LAST 2010 LP670-4SV 3 pedal car ( 1 of only 3) in the USA. I recently sold for MORE then it's when new MSRP..... by more then 10%...

I was recently offered $475K for my 3 pedal 670-4SV with 33k on the clock..didn't even answer the offer..not for sale

Manuals will definitely be more sought after. First for costs, clutch wear is A LOT less than E-gears thus no big replacement costs, and simply less to go wrong with electronics in a manual than an E-gear.

WELL...if there is any indication with past sales...I can say the LAST 2010 LP670-4SV 3 pedal car ( 1 of only 3) in the USA. I recently sold for MORE then it's when new MSRP..... by more then 10%...

I was recently offered $475K for my 3 pedal 670-4SV with 33k on the clock..didn't even answer the offer..not for sale

Likewise, thats not even close to what I would even consider. It would need to be a 'too good to be true' offer, for me to even contemplate.

Could be done, the engine and trans are identical... To do it right tho you would need either a donor 6spd or a shit load of expensive parts. Pedal box, clutch lines, shifter, 6spd ecu... I'm thinking all new parts and labor would be well over 25k...to do it right anyway

Dwiggs mentioned you can turn any Egear into a manual, any merit to this?

It shouldn't be super difficult. They have the same trans and clutch assembly between the two. My guess is: change out the hydraulics, shifter mechanism, swap pedal assembly and disconnect egear computer. Probably some programming to make it 100%

One day, I have no idea when, but one day, (original factory) Manual LP640/670-SV's will be really unobtanium. The premium over an original e-gear car (regardless of which is "better") will be HUGE.

Collectors love very limited, highly distinguished features amongst an already rare/collectible item. If I had the disposable money, a manual 670 would be in the garage as a long term investment. The best news is, it is so damn rare you can put miles on it and enjoy it and it is still going to be worth a lot in 10-15 years. Roy is my hero in this regard :D

And I can't blame you, it's a keeper

I recently heard (can't verify if its true), that an offer of $1MM was made for 1 of the 3 manual trans. SVs. The offer was turned down

I recently heard (can't verify if its true), that an offer of $1MM was made for 1 of the 3 manual trans. SVs. The offer was turned down

Weren't they asking 600k for the white 6MT 670SV at one point? Wouldn't be surprised to see 1MM offered to try and lock them up. Value is only going to go up. If you can't buy low and sell high you might as well buy high and sell higher.

There's not a chance that they will go any lower than they are right now. It's going to slowly continue appreciating, how high I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised to see a well kept 6 speed LP640 for $400-500k in 10 years. As for the SV... Sky is the limit.

Anyone remember the Ferrari 599 GTB that recently got sold for $560k USD? http://www.rmauctions.com/ve15/villa-erba/...tb-hgte/1073618

After reading this thread it got me pondering if the true 6spd manual only really just appeals to the older generation buyer (30+ years older) that has grown up with the stick shifts. I talked to younger guys and they seem not to make it a priority as much as I asked the older guys in my observations. Thoughts?

This whole topic is difficult. A lot of cars are being used as investments due to uncertainty in several industries, investors want something physical to invest their money into.... I think the muscle car craze was guys that either had them when they were young and want to relive the years or couldn't have them then and have the money now. I grew up with the Porsche 930, the Diablo, the Testarossa.. watching LeMans and McQueen with his 69 911.... that's why I have my 65 911 ...these cars will always be cool to me.... I don't know how the generation Y group will be though. Like everything.... supply and demand. I think retro has become cool and companies like singer and eagle showing how simple cars can be badass is great for the vintage cars.

I don't think there will be a premium on the pre LP Murci's as they are common. LP manuals are rare and a better car, so yes if it is a good color combo.