Anyone know this Asshole?

Odyssey

Big boy rules in effect.... Meaning, be a big boy and read the fcuking rules....

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that Russell Crowe didn't actually fight tigers in Gladiator.. right? :D

Shut up, Gladiator was a fly on the wall documentary and i will not hear another word said on the subject thank you please.

The good news is this is a quick and easy distraction from all the Planned Parenthood unpleasantness. And by that, I mean the organization cutting up and selling babies. The media sure has its narrative and causes down pat.

So true.

...A lion is no more nasty or brutal than any other carnivore on earth. A big fish eats smaller fish in much the same way. The only reason you consider it nasty and brutal is because they are at the top of the food chain and could easily kill you. Plenty of smaller animals eat their young and carry out acts of infanticide. Nature is brutal, regardless of where you are in the food chain.

I've said it a few times here before, but the domestic kitty cat, as cute as they are, is the equivalent of a Tyrannosaurus from a mouse's perspective. Imagine the horror.

AB, the white rhino is in serious deep shit. Four left in the world, incapable of breeding and they're down to their last male.

The good news is this is a quick and easy distraction from all the Planned Parenthood unpleasantness. And by that, I mean the organization cutting up and selling babies. The media sure has its narrative and causes down pat.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Shut up, Gladiator was a fly on the wall documentary and i will not hear another word said on the subject thank you please.

:lol2:

I've said it a few times here before, but the domestic kitty cat, as cute as they are, is the equivalent of a Tyrannosaurus from a mouse's perspective. Imagine the horror.

Yup,

I read that the new Coalition of Oppressed Animals is being formed as we speak. It consists of Antelopes, Wildebeests, Zebras and other small animals. The Coalition's asks for small donations to defend the dentist.

"Cecil was eating us like there was no tomorrow" said one Zebra. Zebra asked not to be identified in fear of retaliation from this forum.

You may be right, the dentist may not have known what they were doing wasn't on the up and up. However, according to multiple sources, the guy is an experienced and avid hunter, much like you (although possibly not as experienced). Thus one would be lead to believe the Dentist would have some experience and understanding of hunting practices. Especially considering he had hunted in Africa before and taken a rhino and a jaguar amongst other animals. So unless the guy was stupid or willingly blind, I find it unreasonable to believe he didn't know on some level that his hunt wasn't legit.

Then again, I am known to be wrong on a lot of points.

To my point above about the dentist's likely willful blindness..... this wasn't his first lion kill. The picture that is circulating the internet with him and a downed lion isn't the lion (Cecil) that has caused all the uproar. This guy also has a conviction for prior illegal hunting (black bear killed out of jurisdiction). It isn't going to take much effort for a prosecutor to show that the guy either knowingly killed the animal illegally or was willfully blind to laws relating to his hunt. Others here who know better than me can chime in, but my understanding is that claiming ignorance of the law isn't a sound defense strategy.

Also, in counter argument to the comments of population control.... the number of lions in the wild has dropped from about 80k in the 1980's to about 25k. How much more population control is needed?

One thing everyone is ignoring. Lion is delicious.

I got news for you... If youre a starving fcuking african, Mouse anus is delicious, if some rich white guy wants to donate 200 pounds of it to your village for free...

I got news for you... If youre a starving fcuking african, Mouse anus is delicious, if some rich white guy wants to donate 200 pounds of it to your village for free...

Do you mean weight or GBP?

Let say the dentist is telling the truth and that he thought the hunt was legit. He shoots it with an arrow and spends the next 40 hours tracking the lion. The dentist and his guides finally find it laying in a bush and the guide shoots it with a gun to finally kill it. Everyone "slaps hands" (shout out to the Waterboy) and they walk up to the lion and proceed to take pics, when all of a sudden, they see the radio collar. Is that an "Oh shit!" moment? What were their reporting responsibilities at that point? At what point does the dentist realize, shit I screwed up? He had to have known at some point before chopping off the head and trying to destroy the collar that something was wrong, right? Anyone know what the good dentist's responsibility (or guide's) for reporting that the kill was a collared lion after he found out for sure? If that lion he posing with ain't "Sessell" (brit pronunciation) then his "aw shucks, I didn't know" routine smacks of even more bullshit.

I suppose after seeing how it all works out, while I'm not a fan of it, I understand the reasoning behind it, and how it impacts the local economy. It happens for a reason, but I still don't like it.

meh.ro6390.jpg

I suppose after seeing how it all works out, while I'm not a fan of it, I understand the reasoning behind it, and how it impacts the local economy. It happens for a reason, but I still don't like it.

meh.ro6390.jpg

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Let say the dentist is telling the truth and that he thought the hunt was legit. He shoots it with an arrow and spends the next 40 hours tracking the lion. The dentist and his guides finally find it laying in a bush and the guide shoots it with a gun to finally kill it. Everyone "slaps hands" (shout out to the Waterboy) and they walk up to the lion and proceed to take pics, when all of a sudden, they see the radio collar. Is that an "Oh shit!" moment? What were their reporting responsibilities at that point? At what point does the dentist realize, shit I screwed up? He had to have known at some point before chopping off the head and trying to destroy the collar that something was wrong, right? Anyone know what the good dentist's responsibility (or guide's) for reporting that the kill was a collared lion after he found out for sure? If that lion he posing with ain't "Sessell" (brit pronunciation) then his "aw shucks, I didn't know" routine smacks of even more bullshit.

This isn't Cecil

Other lion

So I agree. His argument for "dopie-doh, I had no idea" reeks of self-serving.

Do you mean weight or GBP?

I'm not even sure which would yield a greater quantity by volume. :eusa_think:

What is the going rate on mouse anus? Are they kosher?

I'm not even sure which would yield a greater quantity by volume. :eusa_think:

What is the going rate on mouse anus? Are they kosher?

Depends, field or white mice.

Im throughly convinced people are upset about this particular hunt because the lion was given a human name. I mean who wants to kill something as innocent sounding as Cecil!?

Lions & big cats are hunted all the time. Bears,Giraffes,elephants..you name it.

Especially older animals that are no longer breeding or leading packs.

The uproar over this particular case has been peculiar. But like always people need a cause of the week. No one will mention a word about it a few days from now. #KONY2012!!

I am fascinated by this outrage...I'll bet $$$ that 99.5% of the people in the online uproar had no idea who "Cecil" was or how his life was going. And now that their lives have not been directly impacted in any way we need to get the touches and march on this dentist. :jackoff:

:iamwithstupid:

On all points above.

Now, I don't like what the dentist did and I don't see the need to go hunt awesome creatures like lions, giraffes, or rhinos, myself. However, I'm not joining in the chaos that is unfolding (and will be gone in less than a month) on social-bloated-media.

To put the uproar here in perspective, as Roman, Robster, and others have brought up, let's see how important it is to everyday Zimbabweans...

Reuters: 'What lion?' Zimbabweans ask, amid global Cecil circus

:iamwithstupid:

On all points above.

Now, I don't like what the dentist did and I don't see the need to go hunt awesome creatures like lions, giraffes, or rhinos, myself. However, I'm not joining in the chaos that is unfolding (and will be gone in less than a month) on social-bloated-media.

To put the uproar here in perspective, as Roman, Robster, and others have brought up, let's see how important it is to everyday Zimbabweans...

Reuters: 'What lion?' Zimbabweans ask, amid global Cecil circus

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Where are they on the verge of extinction? According to WorldWildLife.org they are not listed. I've looked else where too, I cant find anywhere where Lions are close to being extinct. Also according to this group Rhinos populations are in the thousands, while endangered not near the levels some stories claim(single digits). So who is right?

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/direc...tinction_status

My post was "A population of these big cats is on verge of extinct everywhere. They are nowhere near the number that they would posses humans any danger."

There sure are many of these big cats on the list. Amur Tiger at n:o 1 position.

Imho preserving biodiversity is task for humans as group. "locals don't give a shit" is not a valid excuse. Locals didn't give a shit about holocaust either or put better they did not have the tools to do anything being oppressed enough already.

Yes they are predators but they are not monsters, they only kill to eat not for fun and they rarely attack humans. Hell most of them are so endangered that we can't even be quite sure if any exists until someone sees one once in a while.

You do know that Russell Crowe didn't actually fight tigers in Gladiator.. right? :D

:lol2: Of course, BUT he did role around with them as part of the special effects. In the real gladiatorial arena however, he would have been facing lions, not tigers, but having him role with lions would have been too dangerous.

My post was "A population of these big cats is on verge of extinct everywhere. They are nowhere near the number that they would posses humans any danger."

There sure are many of these big cats on the list. Amur Tiger at n:o 1 position.

Imho preserving biodiversity is task for humans as group. "locals don't give a shit" is not a valid excuse. Locals didn't give a shit about holocaust either or put better they did not have the tools to do anything being oppressed enough already.

Yes they are predators but they are not monsters, they only kill to eat not for fun and they rarely attack humans. Hell most of them are so endangered that we can't even be quite sure if any exists until someone sees one once in a while.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that animals only kill for food and that's it, that's not true at all and is a human-centric view that only humans are the cruel animals. The reality is that non-human animals can be very violent and cruel.

I would say that lions could qualify as monsters. Lions do not just kill to eat, they kill for leadership and aggression. That is why you can't put lions in with tigers, they'll start fights with the tigers. The male lion doesn't hunt generally, he has a pride of females who do the hunting. The male fights. That is why the male lion has the mane. The mane protects the neck area as when most cats attack, they go for the neck. The male lion knows how to protect his neck area and how to fight around the mane of other males.

Male lions love to fight and kill and that is why I pointed out about Russell Crowe rolling with tigers and not lions. A male lion has to protect his pride from other males. If another male comes along, he may try to kill or run the lead male of the pride off. Then he'll kill his babies and the mothers of the babies if they try to protect them.

Hyenas love to torture as well. There is video on Youtube of a hyena torturing a wild pig. Dolphins ("Flipper") will kill for sport too. There was an incident of baby dolphins showing up dead, apparently speared. Authorities though it was poachers or something going and spearing the babies. Turned out it was adult-male dolphins who were ramming the babies with their beaks for fun. Dolphins also will ram and kill sharks as well.

Wheels do you think you are smarter than a lion?

Which one, in your opinion, has a better understanding of right from wrong you or a lion?

That question :D :laughing1:

btw:

This was good space to visit the original post and actually read the link. This guy seems to be major asshole even if the Lions were the most densely populated species on the earth.