F12 Speciale

Fortis

I drove the F12 a bit, it was ok, not a fan of front engine exotics...

Ferrari decided 20 years ago to move away from the mid engined 12 cylinder flagship for business reasons.

Despite the proximity and natural rivalry, at the V12 flagship level F is more akin to an Italian Aston Martin than a competitor to Lamborghini. AM focuses on elegance, Lambo focuses on being brash, and the F fits right in the middle.

I think the beef with Ferrari is more due to an image of the Testarossa lineup that is still being held up in enthusiast's eyes. If an AM drove and sounded like an F12, people would be proclaiming it the best gentleman's car ever.

Ferrari decided 20 years ago to move away from the mid engined 12 cylinder flagship for business reasons.

Despite the proximity and natural rivalry, at the V12 flagship level F is more akin to an Italian Aston Martin than a competitor to Lamborghini. AM focuses on elegance, Lambo focuses on being brash, and the F fits right in the middle.

I think the beef with Ferrari is more due to an image of the Testarossa lineup that is still being held up in enthusiast's eyes. If an AM drove and sounded like an F12, people would be proclaiming it the best gentleman's car ever.

Well put and totally agree.

-200kg, +30hp. This thing will be a rocketship. As long as they do not add any hybrid or electric bullshit tech to it; this will be very very hard to beat for desire, and still also kick ass in any performance tests!

i found the F12 way too easy to drive, no event at all. Epic engine though! If they can make this more of an animal, a beast, then it will be legendary.

Give me an Aventador SV any day though.

No doubt its performance would be spectacular but in all honesty, this immediately came to mind when I saw the pic...

20150102074354_025Pikachu_OS_anime_10.png

post_7524_1438859915.jpg

You lot are mental - think it looks fcuking amazing. 250 SWB style.

It's gonna be amazing.

I'm with you. This thing is going to be HOT.

I was looking at the rear hatch and thought; where have I seen this design before? And then it hit me. They've just turned it around and removed the louvers.post-10654-1438904114.jpg post-10654-1438904125.jpg

Perhaps lambo should send a cease and desist letter...

I was looking at the rear hatch and thought; where have I seen this design before? And then it hit me. They've just turned it around and removed the louvers.post_7524_1438859915.jpg used_2015_lamborghini_huracan_2drcoupelp6104_11247_13760501_20_640.jpg

Perhaps lambo should send a cease and desist letter...

Damn, I see it now, they didn't get rid off the Fallopian tubes, they shifted them higher and made them out of glass :lol2:

• 1 month later...
Switched deposit from the F12S to the SV - R.

Ferrari builds a great sounding performing engine - but the alloy frame front engine is still a GT car might as well get the FF.

I thought you decided awhile ago to get an SV Roadster and were thinking about a blue one?

I thought you decided awhile ago to get an SV Roadster and were thinking about a blue one?

Correct

Had a deposit on the new F12 not knowing looks performance name production there was a ton of uncertainty.

Ferrari plays a ton of games and the dealers follow suit - secret this secret that and btw buy a car off the lot so you can have a better chance of receiving an allocation even though we took your deposit did not sit well.

Anyway - the SV ring video caught my attention few weeks later dealer hosted an SV unveiling and I switched to the SV then again to the roadster SV - R Blu Sideris.

Lamborghini is consistent with it's production and models had enough of the games with Mclaren again no consistency.

Lambo dealer is 15 miles vs the Ferrari / Mclaren 300 miles - the entire experience to date blows Ferrari and Mclaren away.