Aventador (SV) Super Veloce Pictures

TeamSalamone

I'm really liking the black vs glass. maybe they offer a CF option?!

Tried to order the black fins in carbon fiber for the engine bonnet and was told by factory, can't get CF . It would come as the black plastic . Like the look and would be great if it was CF .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried to order the black fins in carbon fiber for the engine bonnet and was told by factory, can't get CF . It would come as the black plastic . Like the look and would be great if it was CF .

I was told the same last night :(

I might just do the black plastic.. looks more aggressive imo

I was told the same last night :(

I might just do the black plastic.. looks more aggressive imo

I agree, I think it makes it look more aggressive.. We are in Miami for Bullfest and look forward to seeing your SV..

Tim

I spoke with the factory rep - Lambo prefers their customers to order the glass and carbon engine bay they go hand in hand.

But if you twist their arm and take the cf engine bay they will do a cf rear engine cover for the low price of 12k.

My guess is down the road someone will produce a cf engine bay cover for 3 - 5k.

• 3 weeks later...
:)

So the matte painted tops to become matte CF are 5500.00 I believe.

The finish it takes to have a consistent nice weave is very expensive honestly don't know how they are doing it for that price because the whole fender needs to have a consistent weave. The fender panels are much larger than the tops.

Aston Martin on the Vanquish added 1M to the cost for all carbon fiber which means they did not want to do the work. Mclaren Porsche Ferrari for finished carbon all charge much more. CF sills on my 16M were a 16K adder from the factory worth every dime.

Making full car in constant weave pattern is very hard, labor intensive and you need to be very consistent and sharp.

But making one part which has consistent nice weave is childs play.

Weave comes that way from the roll. It's automatic, and it needs some proper mistakes to make it any other way.

This from designing and fabricating my own cf parts all winter.

Sorry but those prices are absolute ripoffs in magnitude of ten, but of course, because everything is in exotics.

Making full car in constant weave pattern is very hard, labor intensive and you need to be very consistent and sharp.

But making one part which has consistent nice weave is childs play.

Weave comes that way from the roll. It's automatic, and it needs some proper mistakes to make it any other way.

This from designing and fabricating my own cf parts all winter.

Sorry but those prices are absolute ripoffs in magnitude of ten, but of course, because everything is in exotics.

What type of CF parts do you produce any for the Aventador - picked up a lot of items for my 16M and 360C door handles rear view mirror etc.

CF for the SV would be great there is way too much plastic.

What type of CF parts do you produce any for the Aventador - picked up a lot of items for my 16M and 360C door handles rear view mirror etc.

CF for the SV would be great there is way too much plastic.

I have a guy making them, so far we have only made parts for my BMW. :)

You can PM me if you want.

This kind of stuff:

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

_img1280.jpg

Sorry to derail a topic.

I was about to suggest on enclosures for loudspeakers but you obvious had done so already. Nice work! :icon_thumleft: (regrets for the OT)

Thanks guys! Coming from you, it really means something to me!

We only took measurements from existing parts and making month or two without test fit is a bit nerv racking.

But once you have them ready and you go and fit and fits like a glove, the hard work pays off and break a huge smile and fist pumps on to air.

There is nothing like satisfaction from measuring parts, making a new design, fabricating and finally fitting them.

Sorry about the OT.

Congrats!! Looks awesome, enjoy in good health.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see it in person yet, but after my dealer made bad pictures for me last week, my girlfriend made better pictures today and I don't regret ordering Verde Ithaca :)

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

I didn't see it in person yet, but after my dealer made bad pictures for me last week, my girlfriend made better pictures today and I don't regret ordering Verde Ithaca :)

very nice! cant wait to hear your thoughts!

very nice! cant wait to hear your thoughts!

I will probably have it in 2 weeks and compare to 2014 roadster that I'm keeping until the facelift Roadster comes in 2 years. I drove SV Coupe and regular Roadster on track and the difference in handling was massive. I will not drive my car on the track but I expect better handling in corners and green is always faster than black ;)