Apartment complex names

Fortis

I'm going to go against all opinions on the names. The "tech" name angle for a residential building just because keyless entry and spots for electric car hookup is bad. These are people homes. It's supposed to be warm and welcoming, even if modern. The tech names sound so sterile.

Who wants to live in some place called Vue Tech or some shit? Sounds like a machine at the doctors office that gives anal probes, not a residential building. I would rather live next door at The Falls at La Centerra. Same features, pleasant sounding, no anal probes.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go against all opinions on the names. The "tech" name angle for a residential building just because keyless entry and spots for electric car hookup is bad. These are people homes. It's supposed to be warm and welcoming, even if modern. The tech names sound so sterile.

Who wants to live in some place called Vue Tech or some shit? Sounds like a machine at the doctors office that gives anal probes, not a residential building. I would rather live next door at The Falls at La Centerra. Same features, pleasant sounding, no anal probes.

I agree, a lot of the names are solid, but the overly techy stuff is no good, plus what happens in 10 years when your "new tech" is old shit? Now the building looks neglected only because of the name.

I do kinda like Evora. Just don't piss of Lotus.

I actually agree with "tech" in the name not my cup of tea, but I have no idea of Fortis's taste, so I figured I'd throw it in there as one suggestion as some others have done.

As a side line, so in addition to Section 8 housing and mobile home retirement community, now one of my names has also been compared with an anal probe machine :lol2:

"The Address" is going to wreak havoc with taxi drivers.

Taxi driver: "where are you going?"

Passenger: "The Address"

etc

I would not use the word "apartments" in it. That sounds low rent.

I would use "The". It's more modern and trendy. Such as "The Mangrove" or "The Lexington", "The Carlton", "The Senterra", ....etc..

Another angle...."The Lofts at (enter name here)". The Lofts at Rosewood, The Lofts at La Centerra, ect......

I agree, no apartments in the name also the development is mixed use so that would be confusing.

Those are some good names! We did the work for the marketing company so they better "come up" with something! My other half works for an advertising agency and she just got done doing this exact thing, naming exercises, for three different companies.

We did the work for them so they better bring it or they will be gone!

Vue (different spelling of "view")

TechnikVue

VueTechnik

VueTek

Stellavue ("stella" is Italian for "star" and then "vue" the respelling of "view" so basically it means "Star View")

FuturVue ("futoro" is Italian for "future")

BelezzaVue ("belezza" is Italian for "beautiful" so basically it's "beautiful view")

Or maybe just ""Bellevue"

I don't hate anything more than having to name things.

LOL I agree with you, it needs to be softer, feel welcoming, easy to pronounce and memorable, also it has to have a story behind it.

It's driving me nuts, I will just wait to see what they will come up with.

I agree, a lot of the names are solid, but the overly techy stuff is no good, plus what happens in 10 years when your "new tech" is old shit? Now the building looks neglected only because of the name.

I do kinda like Evora. Just don't piss of Lotus.

I will give them free accommodation for a week if they complain :icon_mrgreen:

I actually agree with "tech" in the name not my cup of tea, but I have no idea of Fortis's taste, so I figured I'd throw it in there as one suggestion as some others have done.

As a side line, so in addition to Section 8 housing and mobile home retirement community, now one of my names has also been compared with an anal probe machine :lol2:

What is Section 8? Maybe I should just call it S8 LOL

"The Address" is going to wreak havoc with taxi drivers.

Taxi driver: "where are you going?"

Passenger: "The Address"

etc

That would be hilarious to witness, it would make for a good Seinfeld episode :lol2:

Uniques (find a way to make it sounds like "Unix")

Could be "The Address Cam Street"

or Scam Street, that's very 2015!

Uniques (find a way to make it sounds like "Unix")

Could be "The Address Cam Street"

or Scam Street, that's very 2015!

I like UNIX

If you called it Fortis, I want to see your face the first time someone says, "Yeah, I live in Fortis." :D

Because of red I was feeling something like:

Strobe

Mozaik

Ronnen

If you called it Fortis, I want to see your face the first time someone says, "Yeah, I live in Fortis." :D

Because of red I was feeling something like:

Strobe

Mozaik

Ronnen

:lol2: that would sound pretty weird.

I like Mosaik but there is already a building here with the same name.

I doubt I'll come up with the magic bell ringer, but truth be told, anything that sounds eclectically foreign seems make people feel better about their decisions. I mean, how the hell did we end up with "asiago" cheese on hamburgers?

Just crack open the Latin-English dictionary and have a ball. Do smart features mean something like "illuminati?" Plug in your thoughts, intents, or adjectives in English and peruse the Latin results.

http://latin-dictionary.net/search/english/

Or go backwards and find words that sound interesting and investigate them,

http://latin-dictionary.net/list/letter/a

Otherwise, I'm assuming there's a few millennia of history in the region to pull from too, no? Get medieval when you run out of ideas.