HannibalACP82

So Fortis just about nailed it.

2008 Audi S8

<40k miles

Got it for a steal!

CCBs

B&O Sound System

Silver one Red!

It was the 3rd one I pulled up on dubizzle 2 days ago and was over in Dubai. I only pulled it up because the mileage (<40k) and the price (<26k). I got to the 5th picture and my jaw hit the floor because it has a red interior. It was an Audi Exclusive order with a special red interior. The exterior of the car is immaculate and the interior almost matches. Let's be honest though you know and I know I am balling on a budget here and really the red leather made it a GOT TO HAVE. I will clean up the interior (some minor trim pieces are fading but the leather is perfect) and probably tint the windows. It has the sport wheels that everyone loves and looks so mean.

I have always loved the D3 series A8s and while I like the look of the A8L wheelbase a bit more the S8 is a killer ride. He just put new tires and CCbs on it and the car is STUPID FAST. Awesome Scottish gent selling it because he is celebrating 26 years here and bought a ghost. He took a deposit from me and pulled the advert right away or I would post some pics. I was too busy taking pics of his baby blue Ghost and his white Testarossa that I totally forgot to snap some of the S8. :(

We chatted cars for awhile and he gave me the full tour of his place. I couldn't be buying the car from a nice enthusiast and he texted me after the fact saying he was happy it was going to a "young guy" who was going to enjoy it. He also loved the fact that it matches my S2K back home (which I showed him pics of).

My wife drove it and said it was "nice" and she likes it. Hopefully she enjoys it out here and the extra attention she will get from the valets when she is out and about.

Question? Ask away!

I am sure I will have tons of questions too as this is my first "exotic" purchase and the v10 and the CCBs are going to be fun to maintain while keeping the price reasonable. I have no doubt it won't be anything like my other cars to maintain but if you want to play you have to pay!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The V10 is a mystical beast. As Harry Metcalfe put it, and I certainly couldn't have said it better, "V10's have the magic of a V12 but the ease and reliability of a V8." Ever since I was a kid, if I saw a car with a V10 it was like some kind of mythical unicorn to me. Often times, I have to stop and think while I'm driving that I have a fcuking V10 under the hood in front of me. I guess it's more elusive for me as I went to it from a regular 3 series, but it still leaves me in awe. Put an exhaust on that beauty, (even a muffler delete), so you can really enjoy it!

AWESOME! Congrats on such an awesome car!

Thank you! I am pretty excited!

I can't wait to see pics. Awesome ride!

I can't wait to share them. I just need the next 10-14 days to be over with so I can get my UAE License, Emirate ID card and get my bank set up so I can pay the man!

Pardon the ignorant question, but rh or lh drive?

What side of the road do they drive on there?

Pardon the ignorant question, but rh or lh drive?

What side of the road do they drive on there?

No need to apologize as that is a great question! While there is a ton of British influence in the country they drive on the right hand side of the road and the cars are LHD.

Whew...

I could only imagine the "pucker factor" with basically have to relearn to drive in a cool/baller car like that.

The V10 is a mystical beast. As Harry Metcalfe put it, and I certainly couldn't have said it better, "V10's have the magic of a V12 but the ease and reliability of a V8." Ever since I was a kid, if I saw a car with a V10 it was like some kind of mythical unicorn to me. Often times, I have to stop and think while I'm driving that I have a fcuking V10 under the hood in front of me. I guess it's more elusive for me as I went to it from a regular 3 series, but it still leaves me in awe. Put an exhaust on that beauty, (even a muffler delete), so you can really enjoy it!

HA 3 series to M5 or Civic to S8. ;) I do have the S2000 so who am I to complain at all!

As for an exhaust you better believe that if this bad boy can come back to the US with me an exhaust will be one of the first things I do!

Whew...

I could only imagine the "pucker factor" with basically have to relearn to drive in a cool/baller car like that.

I 100% believe that I would die.

Congrats Hannibal!

Silver/Red A8 is pretty sweet. :eusa_dance:

So a silver and red S8 would be even sweeter!

Where are the fcuking pictures ? Are you pulling a SWIL ?

Ouch! But understandable.

I posted these over in the Abu Dhabi thread but here are the pics of the RR Ghost he took me out in.

post-24965-1443237876_thumb.jpg

All that proves is I wasn't making up the ghost story and you can check the attributes to see I took the photo on my Nexus 6 here in Dubai right off of D61.

I will try and get him to send me some pics asap! He pulled the ad down as soon as I gave him the deposit (surprised me too) and I was too busy inspecting and chatting (and keeping the 3 and 5 year olds from touching the Ghost) and totally forgot to snap pics.

I know how this looks! I wasn't going to share anything until I brought it back to Abu Dhabi but I am too excited!

All of the cars in the garage look great.

The red leather pops, like it always does. :icon_thumleft:

Sorry for typo bud...S8!

No worries my friend...just teasing you!

Nice!! The red does look cool. Bet it's awesome in person.

I'd say it looks awesome but I think we all know how I feel about Red interiors.

That is awesome. S8's are by far my favorite of the big German sedans, and silver/red is a great combo.

The A8L is by far my favorite sedan* (in W12 guise) but the S8 can't be beat. V10 from a lambo? YES PLEASE!

*RS6 AVANT will always be my first love!

Awesome car, congrats!

Thank you...especially coming from you!