Trying to decide what to buy next....

el_chorizo

I get bored with cars pretty easily. I've had the 12C for a year and 8 months now... I feel like it is time to upgrade and maybe try something new. The 3 cars out there that really interest me are the Huracan, a newer 650S (Not really into the Spyders and its hard to find a 650S that isn't one) or the 488GTB.

I love the looks of the Huracan and especially the interior/gauge cluster. The sound is amazing. The only angle I don't like is the direct rear shot.. I'll also miss having the doors of a billionaire ;)

Of course the performance of the 650S kills it. Both are roughly in the same price range since I'll be buying used.

The 488GTB I just don't have enough information on. I'd probably have to buy it new, and it looks like I'll be paying around $280k for it... which is a little more than what I'm hoping to pay for the 650S and Huracan. I don't know if it will be faster than the Huracan... probably not the 650S.

I'd love to get everyone's thoughts.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you don't like to keep that long, I'd consider picking up a value size container of lube if you go with the 650s....

If I were searching between those 3, my money would be going towards that used Verde Scandal Huracan listed on here, no doubt!!

The 650 will be somewhat redundant since you are looking to make a change. I would have to agree with Chipster. That verde scandal H is ridiculous if you are into bright colors. Sorry to hear about your difficult dilemma 😁.

Since you don't like to keep that long, I'd consider picking up a value size container of lube if you go with the 650s....

If I were searching between those 3, my money would be going towards that used Verde Scandal Huracan listed on here, no doubt!!

That color is a little too flashy for me. I prefer white... but I've been feeling some grays lately as well. I love the GT350 Avalanche Gray!

http://www.gt350.org/forum/13-mustang-gt35...ray-photos.html

21d1443405383-mustang-gt350-avalanche-gray-photos-2016-gt350-ag1.jpg

I'm really feeling this car:

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/used/Lamb...e36802c3c7f.htm

650s will be too similar. You might as well just do the ECU flash on your 12c if you go that route. I'd go for the Huracan or 488.

Did you pick up a GT350?

I'd get away from the Mac all together if you're already bored with this one. Huracan would be a delightful change.

I think the problem with the 488 will be buying one. Its a new model so usless u buy used for a nice mark up itll be hard to buy without some great connections

Holds value, great car, different from the 650 and Lambo.

Why not a F458?

I really like the 458's but the performance is pretty abysmal compared to what I already have. Hard to go that far backwards... maybe a bit. The looks though, for sure... love them. The 488 though looks just as good and has more performance. Though I don't know what it will run in the 1/4 yet?

Can't go wrong with any of the three, each have their pluses and minuses. If you have a 12C I wouldn't get a 650S, they are very similar cars.

I picked the 488 over the Huracan but the Huracan is starting to grow on me and they are fast as holy hell so I don't think you'll miss out in the performance department.

650s... eh you already have a 12c looking for something new, The 488 is NEW and I would wait my self a little... I know I am a lambo fanboy on a lambo forum... But every time I see a H in the wild here in LA I bust one... They H is beautiful. I haven't driven any of the three.

650s... eh you already have a 12c looking for something new, The 488 is NEW and I would wait my self a little... I know I am a lambo fanboy on a lambo forum... But every time I see a H in the wild here in LA I bust one... They H is beautiful. I haven't driven any of the three.

Finding a good Huracan is definitely going to be easier. Sure wish they would do something unique with the doors. The 12C spoiled me!

That color is a little too flashy for me. I prefer white... but I've been feeling some grays lately as well. I love the GT350 Avalanche Gray!

http://www.gt350.org/forum/13-mustang-gt35...ray-photos.html

21d1443405383-mustang-gt350-avalanche-gr

I'm really feeling this car:

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/used/Lamb...e36802c3c7f.htm

That GT350 is sex on wheels. God is that thing beautiful. I am planning on buying one in a few years, and I think that color combo just went to the top of my list.

488 brand new is not worth it..reason being it doesnt look good and also because its turboed, you're better off with a mclaren...And the fact that you change car in a short time..yeah its not worth buying a brand new Ferrari..

Mclaren 650 would be worth it if you bought a used one...they depreciate alot..so a used one should be worth the value and fun to play with for awhile...

Huracan is a Lambo...and this is a Lambo forum..so this gets my vote..mainly because it sounds the best and more dramatic..

The Huracan will cure your flipping cars issues, fantastic car, I honestly can't put it away!

Hoping to make a decision in the next 30 days, I will keep everyone updated. Thank you to everyone for all the advice.