Trying to decide what to buy next....

el_chorizo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you may be happy to know that I pulled the trigger about 35 minutes ago. Waiting for some paperwork before I link the car to you guys. Damn vultures might swoop in and buy it out from under me ;)

Some of you may be happy to know that I pulled the trigger about 35 minutes ago. Waiting for some paperwork before I link the car to you guys. Damn vultures might swoop in and buy it out from under me ;)

What car though???

A Huracan. I guess it's time to learn how to pronounce the word right.

Awesome man!! Congratulations and welcome to the bull club!! You won't regret it! Post some pics etc when the deal goes through.

Awesome man!! Congratulations and welcome to the bull club!! You won't regret it! Post some pics etc when the deal goes through.

Will do. This will be my 3rd Lamborghini. I can wear my t-shirts again! Yay :)

Will do. This will be my 3rd Lamborghini. I can wear my t-shirts again! Yay :)

That's great! We just started the Lamborghini Club Dallas. If you're ever around in the DFW area, say hi! www.lamborghiniclubdallas.com

Thank you for that!

I never knew what I'm driving ... till now :)

I thought it is pronounced "Guido" :)

Damn that's good looking. I'd Blackout the red splitter but I love the rest of the accents. Congrats man!

I feel the same way. I think it's just a wrap. I'll see how I like it for a few weeks before making a decision there.

Felt like I should update you guys on the status. When I purchased the car I asked if there was anything that needed to be mentioned about it.. anything at all. Any problems, nicks, etc. When you buy a car sight unseen you have to have a bit of trust and some great communication so that expectations are reasonable and met. I was told there were no issues at all.

I proceeded with the sale and sent the wire of funds and all documentation. When they received everything I was told that all they were waiting on was a windshield replacement. This caught me off guard, I was never told it needed a new windshield. I asked, and they said it was a small chip, not a crack but that they didn't want to present the car to me this way and had a new one that should be in by Thursday the 12th and the car should be picked up for delivery no later than Friday.

Well, that came and went... and I let them know how frustrated I was. They told me the shipment that had the windshield got sent back to Germany but that they were able to get ahold of someone and have another one expedited and that should be in by Monday.

Today I ask what the status is and I'm told the expedited one is delayed in customs and hopefully it will be in Tomorrow or Wednesday.

Obviously at this point I'm frustrated that I wasn't told it would need a new windshield... and I think this should have been mentioned even if they had it in hand and had replaced it. I'm also frustrated that I keep getting time frames that never materialize and obviously the delays suck.

I'm trying not to be a dick about the whole situation but I'm pretty pissed off. Am I being unreasonable?

I'm trying not to be a dick about the whole situation but I'm pretty pissed off. Am I being unreasonable?

Ask them to send you a picture of the chipped windshield. If it wasn't that big of a deal why didn't they tell you up front that the windshield was chipped, they had a new one on order, and it was a non-issue.

My only fear would be that they broke something big and are buying time to bandaid it. Probably far fetched, but we've seen worse here in the past.

Ask them to send you a picture of the chipped windshield. If it wasn't that big of a deal why didn't they tell you up front that the windshield was chipped, they had a new one on order, and it was a non-issue.

My only fear would be that they broke something big and are buying time to bandaid it. Probably far fetched, but we've seen worse here in the past.

+1 At this point if it is just a nick I would have them take the replacement cost off the price and let you deal with it locally as you see fit. I have had three windshields put in three different cars in the past few years and two had to go back due to air leaks and one had no leaks but it had adhesive crap I could see down in where it meets the dash that would not be there from the factory. I think I have been particularly unlucky but either way I would want the install local so if there is any issue it can be taken care of.

I would go one further and ask for tracking numbers for both windshields to see if they are up to something. Too many weird coincedences. A windshield that came from Germany and somehow decided to turn around and go back before it arrived? That's a new one. Something usually arrives, or is lost, but I've never heard of a mid shipment turn around. Make them put all the cards on the table. Good luck and congrats. Hope it's just paranoia and they really did decide to spend a couple thousand dollars to fix a small chip that most dealers would just fill...

Here are pictures of the chip. They say it is less than a 1/3rd of an inch... but it looks bigger in the picture.

As far as the shipment being sent back to Germany, I guess it was a shipment of multiple windshields and they said there is some type of indicator on the crate that turns red if the crate has been dropped or received too much shock... and that the indicator was triggered so they didn't open it but instead sent it back. Just what they said.

Is anyone located near Bellevue WA? That's where the car is.

post-19671-1447734369_thumb.jpg

post-19671-1447734378_thumb.jpg