Track monster is finally here

Leadfoot

Well, the car finally arrived last Fri after sitting at he factory almost a month. Car shipped without the front lip extension, but that should be here by Mon. I've driven it about 100mi so far--it is firmly sprung for street driving but not unbearable (at least on the relatively smooth GA roads). Interior is miles ahead of my 2010 ACR and I'm impressed with the overall fit and finish.

Here's a few pics:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I see my iPad has rotated the pics again--if someone can fix that for me please do!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is so hot. I want one badly

If you sell your white 6MT roadster I am going to get on a plane to Cali right the f now ...

If you sell your white 6MT roadster I am going to get on a plane to Cali right the f now ...

Hell no. That car isn't for sale. I need another car but I kind of need a back seat or I'd have bought an ACR for sure

Hell no. That car isn't for sale. I need another car but I kind of need a back seat or I'd have bought an ACR for sure

OK good. Had me scared. Is garage space a problem? If not get the viper and something else with more space. For the record I am pretty high on the Audi S8. ;)

Congrats Ted! Can't wait to see it once the front lip extension is on and the roof is wrapped. Great addition to an already insane stable!

OK good. Had me scared. Is garage space a problem? If not get the viper and something else with more space. For the record I am pretty high on the Audi S8. ;)

Garage space is a huge problem 😭. The s8 is cool but not what I'm after. The biggest back seat car I'm looking at is a 911tt

Garage space is a huge problem 😭. The s8 is cool but not what I'm after. The biggest back seat car I'm looking at is a 911tt

That back seat is unusable. What about the i8? Silly fast, points for being a hybrid, looks like a space ship and I've actually had my kids in the rear seat and out and about in it. Plus is comes in a cool blue like the Viper above!

Congrats Ted! Can't wait to see it once the front lip extension is on and the roof is wrapped. Great addition to an already insane stable!

What kind of wrap is going on the roof?

As always we have the same taste! I have been talking about this car the last few weeks.

Really want to know whether it's worth the extra 70k over the old models at the moment which are quite frankly a bargain...

Love that blue. With only 100 miles on it I assume it is too soon for a comparison with the Z07.

I can tell you that my Z07 did nothing for me. I put less than a 1000 miles on it and actually traded it for my new ACR. And the ACR absolutely does it for me,lol. I am interested in hearing Leadfoots take.

Awesome buy! I love the extreme package with the vents on the front fender flares.

I was also super impressed by the Gen 5 interior when I got a ride in one. Miles ahead of my Gen 3 and light years ahead of my former Gen 2.

congrats! track monster indeed, that wing is nutz... my ACR was pretty tough on the streets and I made it too loud with the headers and exhaust... probably picking up a gen V launch edition soon...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments--really appreciate it! As I've said before, this is the only forum I post pic threads about my cars. I really enjoy sharing with the LP family.

I am wrapping the roof in gloss black.

Anyways---comparisons with the ZO6/ZO7:

The cars are really two different propositions. It's been said before, but I can't think of a better way to describe the two cars personality/design statements: the ZO7 is a great street car that can be driven very fast on the track. But the ACR is truly a race car that just happens to be able to be driven on the street.

The ACR is going to be primarily a track car for me. The ZO7 will be utilized on weekend mountain runs and for general around town stuff. The Z07 is a jack of all trades--the top comes off, it has every creature comfort and technology, the rev matching is fun, and it rides very well on the street.

I had the Z07 at Road Atlanta last weekend and am going again with it this weekend since the ACR only has 170 mi on it and no clear bra yet. It's nice to have the ZO7 as a back up! It's still a blast at the track! But I'm confident I will be several seconds faster in the ACR!