Rich Kids Of Instagram

Hovik

You didn't really watch all of that?? They lost me at the two minute point when the kid flashed his bankroll and it was all 10's & 20's...

I cannot say that I am surprised. I am not jealous and do not envy them. I cannot imagine everything being handed to me and not having to work for barely anything at all. I would absolutely hate life if everything was given to me. I would feel no such thing as self accomplishment.

I'll be damned if when I make it that my kids (if I ever have kids) will have things handed to them like this. It's sad that videos like this are what these upcoming generations of kids look up to, (instead of wanting to work accomplish something).

Very, very sad.

EDIT: the more I watch this, the more I would love to see these kids thrown into the real world, at least the ones who haven't worked hard.

Hard work makes you appreciate what you have and value it more. I don't mind someone being getting a nice hand of cards in life, but they shouldn't squander it by being assholes on Instagram. Take the money and the opportunity that comes with it and do something with it. Grow it, invest it, start a company, etc. Hard work is the way to go though.

I have friends of friends who could fit into the Rich Kids of Instagram profile. And I notice that the majority seem to be bored with life simply because there is no need or motivation to try for anything. And so they spend to amuse themselves.

Models for the consumer lifestyle. Miss Universe should have knocked some sense into the kid...or maybe one day he'll realize she was talking to him in Kazakhstan.

Problem is if you hand out free money to everyone out there..80% of the people will end up like them...I'll probably end up with a whole fleet of cars LOL.

I do know a bunch of friends who would fit to be in that..but they don't show off their wealth on instagram..or if anything, they don't show off at all..They do have way nicer things than those in the video though.

People living differently, enjoying a different lifestyle if they don't cause me any harm whom am I to judge them?

Bingo. Perspective is all relative. Expecting the, to appreciate the grind because some of us have/had to is short sighted. I didn't grow up in their world so how can I expect them to eye the world through my eyes.

Every man has a struggle in life. Thee YouTube videos ar made for a certain purpose. But everyone has something they can work towards.....

People living differently, enjoying a different lifestyle if they don't cause me any harm whom am I to judge them?

You're certainly allowed to have an opinion about the behavior without being overly judgmental.

I concur completely. What is a shame..... is that these kids have all this wealth that they could do some wonderful things. They could invent something, they could start a new business, they could be productive part of society. They are purely consumer. And most likely will end up dead from boredom or overdosing because they've never been allowed to enjoy life complexities that involve some sort of success. They' are constantly looking to be entertained or for the next best thing....which would be a terrible thing to chase. While it certainly would be fun for a weekend, I can't imagine spending my life not doing something other than consuming.

two of them made their own money at-least.

Sammy Dee is the guy with the white rolls who made his money in real estate and claims his dad was a cab driver but at 36 is he still a kid?

Evan Luthra is 20 and made his money developing apps since he was 12

I concur completely. What is a shame..... is that these kids have all this wealth that they could do some wonderful things. They could invent something, they could start a new business, they could be productive part of society. They are purely consumer. And most likely will end up dead from boredom or overdosing because they've never been allowed to enjoy life complexities that involve some sort of success. They' are constantly looking to be entertained or for the next best thing....which would be a terrible thing to chase. While it certainly would be fun for a weekend, I can't imagine spending my life not doing something other than consuming.

I agree with your views but I am an optimist and I believe eventually most will end up doing something productive under the guidance of their families, some won't, survival of the fittest, that's how life is, we were all dealt a different hand of cards, what we do with them it's up to us.

I do think it's a phase most these kids go through and majority of them aren't truly happy at least they didn't seem, I mostly blame the parents for their kids excessive behaviour but as you know for some dropping $50k for a Hermes bag isn't excess, it's all relative to what they bring in.

The ones who make their own money more power to them, they can spend it as they wish, if they run out of if tough luck.

Us Lambo owners and other exotic car buyers can and are perceived and viewed to a certain extent in a similar fashion, excessive.

For the record, I would NEVER do nor condone the kind of behaviour displayed in the videos, I am just indifferent to it.

You're certainly allowed to have an opinion about the behavior without being overly judgmental.

Great view Hovik, always the gentleman :icon_thumleft:

So what do you think?

At least they are taking their responsibility to keep the economy afloat seriously... LOL

I've had conversations like this before with friends of mine. I have friends whose parents are worth multiple millions (some of them multiple tens of millions) and the other half of the same group comes from working class. We all get along, we all worked very hard, no matter the background, and everything we own, we've achieved on our own...for most of us anyways...some of them have had nice shortcuts handed to them, but mostly through hard work.

However, I have other people in the "acquaintances" circle which cannot be put in the same "hard work" category and I always laugh at them a bit, living completely not bothered by the fact they are surfing on life without putting much of a grind to earn anything they have. One of my friend is always there to defend them, and as much as I'm not jealous or mad at them for doing what they do, I just do NOT understand how you can live your life, feeling fulfilled, without ANY type of "grind" to make you proud. That does not mean I expect the son of a billionaire to go to work 9to5 "just to work", but if you are into helping young African kids to get educated, go ahead, get your hands dirty and make something happen...the thing I can't stand is flashing the money, spending, not working, and living life as if it's all "normal" and they should not worry about anything...the emptiness feeling inside must be disgusting to live through...

The best things in life are free.

You are confusing me, so there is no such a thing as a free lunch? Or there is? :)

You are confusing me, so there is no such a thing as a free lunch? Or there is? :)

Someone somewhere pays for that lunch but it might be free for you and if it is according to SingleSeat it will be your best lunch yet :icon_mrgreen:

As I mentioned earlier, I don't have an issue with those who worked for their money, or those who inherit it, as long as they are classy about it. There are times where you can show off a bit and enjoy the success you have, but there are times where it isn't appropriate. I grew up in a well off family, but when I was very young my parents taught me the importance of opportunity and not handouts. They quickly taught the importance of hard work, investing, and innovating. Every time I get into my Lamborghini I am thankful for all of their guidance and that they didn't just give me things. The problem with the kids who get onto social media and just show off how much better their lives are is how they reflect on all of us. The next time someone sees my Lambo parked at a restaurant they associate it with those people and then assume I am the same way. I am always amazed at the number of people who thank me for my time and for not blowing them off when it comes to looking at the car. It shouldn't be that way (in my opinion), people shouldn't feel like they can't approach us to talk about our cars, but kids who act this way help to cause that mentality. They assume we are all assholes. Success at a young age is a fantastic thing, you just have to be smart about it. I'm sorry about the long post!

Well, they are just kids. I'm sure their ideals, actions, and lives will change over time.

Didn't watch the video. Don't know if they are flaunting, or are legitimately trying to make $ from these videos.

two of them made their own money at-least.

Sammy Dee is the guy with the white rolls who made his money in real estate and claims his dad was a cab driver but at 36 is he still a kid?

Evan Luthra is 20 and made his money developing apps since he was 12

I kind of doubt that.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Evan-Luthra-get-rich