Thinking about an Aventador. Anyone familiar with this one?

NRG x Lambo

LINK: http://www.maseratiofanaheimhills.com/used...400377dcdd9.htm

Found this 2012 Matte White! Thinking about trading in my MP4-12C and LP640 for this AVENTADOR... I love the color. Carfax seems "clean" and I'd obviously get a PPI done on the car. Just curious to know why this car seems to be $15-20k below the average price on other 2012's on the market right now. Anyways, if anyone knows the car's history, please do share...

Curious: WOULD YOU trade in a 12c AND LP640 for an Aventador? Or keep 2 cars, and enjoy the driving dynamics between 2 worldly different cars?

Rw_800.jpg

qQ_800.jpg

NRG, when did you pick up your LP640?

Well I'm a sucker for white....tough call.

But my short answer would be to keep the Murcie and maybe trade the 12C for a new toy.

The question is do you like new school or old school? Driver's car or GT with presence?

What about valuation? Murcies shouldn't depreciate much and some have appreciated a bit. Aventadors are still falling and production numbers will be much higher than Murcies.

Your 12C is a technical performing phenom - easily outperforms its contemporaries, i.e. 458's and Gallardos. I'd say it's a driver's car. If you sell it, will you miss it? The Av will not perform like the 12C. Yes, the AV is the latest and greatest, but I prefer Less techie cars. We are losing the visceral driving experience in cars of this era.

How about a 997.1 GT3 RS?

AV is nicely spec'd - 12 cylinders 700 hp attached to your backside is about as good as it gets.

Had the MP4 as fast and good looking as it was I never bonded huge dislike for torque / turbo engines even worse that boring clutch.

LP640 and MP4 for the AV - we can all justify anything sounds like your mind is made up.

I would suggest go and drive it. If it tickles you in all the right places, then you know which decision to make.

No way I'd swap those two for an aventador unless it was a 50th or SV or unless you have a need to merge two into one. I'd say one old school and one new school is a great combination.

I have a friend that went from Murci to Aventador and then back to a 640...did not really like the vent.

Just saw in your sig that your 640 is Telesto. Not a chance in hell I'd get rid of what you currently have!

The Aventador was my least favorite Lambo to drive--definitely test drive one before going any farther down this road. I would personally not trade the cars you have for the Aventador.

Agree with the majority. Definitely test drive the A first as it is so different from the LP640. If you are looking for an "involving" drive, the A probably isn't your cup of tea. But if you want a break from the LP640's full time engagement and prefer a more relaxed feel while still retaining the velocity, then the A may fit your bill.

i'll definitely go test drive the Aventador before making any final decisions but looks like the feedback is pretty overwhelming on one side. that being said, any "choice" becomes TOUGH when there's compelling arguments on both sides... the hard part for me right now is that as MUCH as i love the Aventador, i think it would be HARD to give up the dynamic range of driving experiences between the LP and MAC for 1 vehicle. anyways, i'll keep you posted after test driving the car...

i'll definitely go test drive the Aventador before making any final decisions but looks like the feedback is pretty overwhelming on one side. that being said, any "choice" becomes TOUGH when there's compelling arguments on both sides... the hard part for me right now is that as MUCH as i love the Aventador, i think it would be HARD to give up the dynamic range of driving experiences between the LP and MAC for 1 vehicle. anyways, i'll keep you posted after test driving the car...

Any Kodaks of the 240z.

Any Kodaks of the 240z.

nothing new so far. been busy with business and family the last 6-7 months. but all my suspension components are now in and that should be going in within the month. last part will be refreshing the motor... but here's the build thread i shared on the forum...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74095

Would not trade.

I agree with above. $335k is not below market at all for a 12. There have been many 12s sitting on lots for months , i would be a buyer at sub $300k. 13s and up are a different because they have had many improvements.

I agree with above. $335k is not below market at all for a 12. There have been many 12s sitting on lots for months , i would be a buyer at sub $300k. 13s and up are a different because they have had many improvements.

what are the improvement on the 13 and 14 ? thank you

what are the improvement on the 13 and 14 ? thank you

I had a long discussion with Jeff who is the master mechanic for New Port Lambo. He listed several changes and told me essentially to stay away from 12s.

1) Something about a seal in the transmission that the 12s don't have and could lead to failure and leakage causing the tranny to go bad costing $30k. This was fixed in 13 and up.

2) Suspension change with major improvement

3) Complete ECU change starting 13 due to the start/stop deactivation etc. Lamborghini is no longer updating the ECUs on the 12s because its not worth their time. They have way more Check Engine light coming on issues because the last few updates that the Aventadors have received does not apply to the 12s.

There were a couple of other things that I don't remember but the above are the big ones.

Trade both and get a 670 :)

Honestly though I thought about the same trade (except my 570 instead of a 640 and Aventador Roadster) and decided against it. Then got rid of the McLaren and bought the 670 instead but kept the 570. I did really like the McLaren though so I'm not opposed to picking up another one at some point as an additional car., even though I lost a ton on my previous one.

This car is on consignment, the seller is motivated from what I was told. I saw it in person, the Bianco Canopus looks great! The wrap they did on the car is GARBAGE, one of the doors has a slight yellow hue and the clear bra wrap on the sideskirts is also ruined - all of the old wrap really needs to be removed. The issue is, when they remove the clear bra to re-wrap it, it will leave a sticky finish that will need to be cleaned and then that will leave the finish gloss opposed to the OEM matte finish it is now. Also, while the color looks incredible in the light, it looks like primer in the shade (IMO). I had thought of trading my VI LP640 in for it but walked away.