How Many of the 20 Monterey Editions are still around

215mph

You are correct a local Long Island stereo shop owner had it for awhile then sold it and shipped it to Peru. At the time he had the original chrome oz rims for sale which I was considering for my 92 but they were in bad shape so I passed. Beautiful SV in person.

I think we went through 100 bottles of nitrous on that car... The owner would drive it, with the nitrous on all the time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I saw #1 and met the owner back in 2005 at a run to Jenkinsons in NJ (I think his name was Oscar, really nice guy). Beautiful car. That was the first SV I had ever seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just saw this '98 SV Monterey Edition sold at BJ for $236,500.00.

Wonder how reliable it is with those twin Eaton Turbos?

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Even...IABLO-SV-195913

Mike

Everyone I have heard of has had belt slippage issues. I remember back in the day one that was worked on made 525rwhp... Approx 100rwhp over a stock SV with full exhaust. The car can handle the power, its just a matter of it being setup correctly.

I think 236K was good money for a non original Monterey Edition SV. I would think that a non molested car with close to equal mileage would be in the 250 - 275 range. What are you guys thoughts? That price sure makes me happy.

I love my Monterey SV

Me too Alan, I can not think of letting her go for other than an absolutely ridiculous number ( which in say 5 years may not be so ridiculous)

post-10721-1467098771_thumb.jpg

Me too Alan, I can not think of letting her go for other than an absolutely ridiculous number ( which in say 5 years may not be so ridiculous)

I agree!

Crazy in short of 3 years sv were going for very low 100 retail when I sold my Monterey edition sv did not get much interest. Great inventory of diablos for sale now if market takes a dump next year there will be more for sale all depends on market for prices 2013 market was still down now it's strong great time for being a Diablo owner and especially wanting to sell Imp 6.0 is still the best of the best

• 2 months later...
post-218777-1473809508_thumb.jpg

post-218777-1473809546_thumb.jpg

I have WLA12008 that I purchased in 1999. It currently has about 950 miles on it and is completely stock.

Good Lawd... what color is that??

I have WLA12008 that I purchased in 1999. It currently has about 950 miles on it and is completely stock.

Beautiful but only 950 miles?! Get out there and drive it!

Looks to be verde scandal

I thought that for a second-- but what the heck.. it doesn't look like the others.. lighting? Camera settings??

It looks neon yellow...

Thats a hell of a first post

It is indeed pearlescent yellow. According to the dealer, he said it was a custom yellow that was different from their standard yellow that they used at the time.

This dealer had three Monterey Editions at that time. Besides the yellow one, one was a very bright lime green and I can't recall what color the third one was.

I have noticed that Monterey Editions are sometimes referred to by their number. Can anyone tell me how I can find what number my car is? After looking through the previous posts, it doesn't seem to follow the VIN number.

It is indeed pearlescent yellow. According to the dealer, he said it was a custom yellow that was different from their standard yellow that they used at the time.

This dealer had three Monterey Editions at that time. Besides the yellow one, one was a very bright lime green and I can't recall what color the third one was.

I have noticed that Monterey Editions are sometimes referred to by their number. Can anyone tell me how I can find what number my car is? After looking through the previous posts, it doesn't seem to follow the VIN number.

Ehh? isn't this on the drivers side rear quarter window, on a badge? I swear that is where I saw it on the one I saw way back when.

That color.. jeeesusss. Can you share the paint code??? MORE PICS???

I saw you back in 2006 at the Concorso Italiano in Monterey...I recall the day was over cast and I saw this glowing shape...it was the first time I ever saw Verde Scandal in person and it's a great color! Yours is the one I would want just after Dos Azul Diablo's Monterey Blue SV...Maybe I will wind up up with both at some point... :icon_mrgreen:

post-8919-1474002008_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002017_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002029_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002038_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002046_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002066_thumb.jpg

post-8919-1474002091_thumb.jpg