FF on it's way.

Nuvolari612

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least i can get off the couch to look at the mirror without using a crane Francis!

Thats cause you just jump off your booster seat..

Considering it's campaign season ...

It's great to see the 1st amendment is alive and well on Lambo Power ...

Damn glad ... I'm a member ...

No. It's a B.S. double standard. If it was any other member, ban hammer or warnings would have been summoned.

No. It's a B.S. double standard. If it was any other member, ban hammer or warnings would have been summoned.

It's a double standard that you're allowed access to the Internet.

I was gonna let it go ... But ...

When you throw me such an easy one ... Frankly, it's a little tough not to swing at it ... Soooo ...

Once again, since it is campaign season ...

In the words of the "great" American President ... Andrew Shepard ...

"You want free speech ... Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage, and advocating at the top of his lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing, at the top of yours"

Go ahead ... I'll give you a minute to let it sink in ...

Now let's address the larger concern ... Taking what is clearly a free speech issue, and making it into a "certain members get special privileges" issue ... Hmmm ... Sounds like ...

There's something you need to get off your chest ... Now would be good time to do that ...

I was gonna let it go ... But ...

When you throw me such an easy one ... Frankly, it's a little tough not to swing at it ... Soooo ...

Once again, since it is campaign season ...

In the words of the "great" American President ... Andrew Shepard ...

"You want free speech ... Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage, and advocating at the top of his lungs, that which you would spend a lifetime opposing, at the top of yours"

Go ahead ... I'll give you a minute to let it sink in ...

Now let's address the larger concern ... Taking what is clearly a free speech issue, and making it into a "certain members get special privileges" issue ... Hmmm ... Sounds like ...

There's something you need to get off your chest ... Now would be good time to do that ...

You know exactly what his issue as is mine - to bring in quotes or cheap shots like take a minute to let it sink in what a naive comment.

I decided to leave but with the emails being sent decided to set the record straight - you or anyone else have an issue with me pm me otherwise give it a rest.

The amount of informative content around here is low vs the drama here high so it is what it is and not a place for me.

That's it finale!

^ you cant let a few people get you down. Ive been on this board for a long time. Mostly as a dreamer but i like it because it is a mature crowd. Lots of mud gets thrown around here its up to you let it stick or not.

I have read many of your posts and your passion for cars is huge. So dont let a few people that dont agree with you ruin it. You have lots to share and many people im sure appreciate it such as myself.

You know exactly what his issue as is mine - to bring in quotes or cheap shots like take a minute to let it sink in what a naive comment.

I decided to leave but with the emails being sent decided to set the record straight - you or anyone else have an issue with me pm me otherwise give it a rest.

The amount of informative content around here is low vs the drama here high so it is what it is and not a place for me.

That's it finale!

That comment wasn't quoting or directed at you, but if you want to go out that way feel free. Like Cap said, your contributions are valuable, but there is no need to get riled up by comments between friends that are unrelated to yours, even if they are in "your" thread.

That's it finale!

My apologies ...

In an attempt to keep things light, and sort this out, I've apparently had the opposite effect ...

Now what I'm about to say, may sound offensive ... I assure you that is not my intention ...

I absolutely agree with you when you say ... This is YOUR issue ...

A little perspective ... Lambo Power has a global membership ...

Go ahead and answer the question that I know you're now asking yourself ...

Is it "reasonable" to expect all the members to see the world thru your lens???

Meaning ...

Should a "word" that has a specific meaning to you, have the same specific meaning to all members???

Once again I'll ask ... Is that a "reasonable" expectation???

Now just to keep things light ...

This time I'll give you two minutes to let it sink in ...

For the record ... I look forward to your posts ... So don't run off ... You've been here less than a year ...

Trust me ... We have away of growing on you ...

WTF happened here? :lol2:

In our defense ... The adults left the room ... Meaning ...

We were completely unsupervised ... Things went ... Shall we say sideways ... And ... Here we are ...

Just another day on Lambo Power ... Part of the charm ...

It either works for you, or it doesn't ... We are the sum total of our members ... Period ...

MrDoctor, we'd afford you the same luxury if someone newish came in and started chirping at you. Life isn't fair and neither is LP, it's not a democracy, it's a group of friends that is always expanding which includes you and will continue to expand in the future.

In fairness you're correct LA_Brit is acting like a dick, but it's also practically harmless and Nuvolari is a big boy and can handle things himself. On the flipside, Nuvolari has announced at least 3 times he is leaving the forum, and within minutes he's back posting, so it's all kinds of comedy.

I wouldn't wind up too much, a little drama can be fun and we're never at a loss for that around here :icon_mrgreen:

I hate to say this but I am actually somewhat glad that this thread had turned out the way it is.

LA_Brit always seems to be angry and, let's just say, has an unique way with words. :) But it seems to be primarily done with humour and obviously he & Allan know each other well. Read enough of his posts and you know it's all done in good faith and jest. And after all, isn't this what L/P is about: a bunch of car enthusiasts sharing thoughts & ideas and, at times, with heated debates and poking fun at each other? Sure, things can get a bit overheated and personal at times (been there, done that myself) but at the end of the day, we all do share a common interest so no big deal really.

No idea on what's happening lately but it seems a few are way too sensitive. Make a post on an opened forum that people can join at will and one basically sets oneself up as a target. It is the "www" after all so it's naive to assume that everyone would agree with one's view. Face it, someone would dislike Countach's too! :P When someone disagrees, no need to take it to the nth degree to defense oneself. One made a post, others responded, rightly or wrongly, it's done. No big at all. It's obvious that some responses were done in humour (regardless of good or bad ones) while some others have left a bad taste in the mouth in the most obvious way. While this is an open forum, its rules were set and are governed by a small group of people. If one shares their ideal, all good; if one does not, still good so long as one just lurks and/or one doesn't light fire here & there; but if one does not share the ideal and keeps kicking and screaming, then it's a matter of whether one chooses to walk out or to be ushered out. The door is opened most of the time and it swings both ways. If one wants to shut it, fine; if one acts like it deserves to be shut, then shut it shall be.