Posted Images

I think it went down like this:

Prince gets the flu

Flies home

Chillin at his house he says "This bores me"

He heads to the waters of Lake Minnetonka to purify himself

Then he realizes universe needs him

He dematerializes and heads into another dimension

All that is left at his house is an eloquent note left next to some freshly made pancakes

Pancakes

Purple Rain came to mind first somehow.

Little Red has been added.

Yeah purple rain was my first thought too

Feels bad, guy was a true rockstar. The story goes - he was asked 'What do you smoke to play guitar so well?' He replied - 'other guitar players'

Sounds like prince was a real indulged asshole

There's no doubt about it.

Michael on the other hand was as polite as could be with people.

Prescription or what?

Sounding like opiates... The emergency landing for the "flu" wasnt for the flu... He ODd... And they gave him a Narcan shot to bring him back.

Sound like another wacko surrounded by "yes sir" people like Jackson. You don't drop dead in an elevator from the flu. I say drug overdose or heart attack from drugs.

If it was an overdose, I would be absolutely shocked. I met him a bunch of times back in the mid-80s when I lived in Minneapolis. Chatted with him at the gas station, met him at the bank. He often would come into nightclubs and when the band that was there, was on break, he would get up and jam a bit. When you understood the background of everything that went on, the guy was pure genius. The whole thing with the symbol was all his idea to get out from underneath his Sony contract. It's a long story but a great one. Smartest business person I have ever met. Not only a musical genius, but a business genius. He's totally derailed all the people taking the money out of the musical industry, from the creator. The guy was such a spiritualist/health nut, I would be shocked if it were drugs, but sometimes people change. He really wasn't an asshole, he was an OCD perfectionist. And if you weren't willing to put out your top work, he had no time for you.

If it was an overdose, I would be absolutely shocked. I met him a bunch of times back in the mid-80s when I lived in Minneapolis. Chatted with him at the gas station, met him at the bank. He often would come into nightclubs and when the band that was there, was on break, he would get up and jam a bit. When you understood the background of everything that went on, the guy was pure genius. The whole thing with the symbol was all his idea to get out from underneath his Sony contract. It's a long story but a great one. The guy was such a spiritualist, I would be shocked if it were drugs, but sometimes people change. He really wasn't an asshole, he was an OCD perfectionist. And if you weren't willing to put out your top work, he had no time for you.

Im pretty shocked if its drugs too...

If it was an overdose, I would be absolutely shocked. I met him a bunch of times back in the mid-80s when I lived in Minneapolis. Chatted with him at the gas station, met him at the bank. He often would come into nightclubs and when the band that was there, was on break, he would get up and jam a bit. When you understood the background of everything that went on, the guy was pure genius. The whole thing with the symbol was all his idea to get out from underneath his Sony contract. It's a long story but a great one. The guy was such a spiritualist, I would be shocked if it were drugs, but sometimes people change. He really wasn't an asshole, he was an OCD perfectionist. And if you weren't willing to put out your top work, he had no time for you.

I have heard the exact same assessments of the guy from multiple independent/unrelated people over the years. I take that to mean he had his shit together for the most part. A life well lived.

2016 seems to be a bad year for all the legendary artists: David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Keith Emerson and now Prince. Add Lemmy Kilmister and Natalie Cole if we count Dec/2015.

R.I.P. Truly a musical genius. I played the Purple Rain album last night as a tribute. This is a remarkable "hi-fi" rock album; something that doesn't happen very often from that genre. It's still very equalized (the mixing trend of that era) but sound quality is definitely tops.

2016 seems to be a bad year for all the legendary artists: David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Keith Emerson and now Prince. Add Lemmy Kilmister and Natalie Cole if we count Dec/2015.

R.I.P. Truly a musical genius. I played the Purple Rain album last night as a tribute. This is a remarkable "hi-fi" rock album; something that doesn't happen very often from that genre. It's still very equalized (the mixing trend of that era) but sound quality is definitely tops.

And Merle Haggard.

Did you play the LP or digital?

Another thing I miss from that era....sound quality.

Did you play the LP or digital?

Another thing I miss from that era....sound quality.

Which do you think? :icon_mrgreen:

Both actually. Needless to say, given the proper set up, the LP is about 15% superior than the CD.