Prince will be joining Chyna

Allan-Herbie

Which do you think? :icon_mrgreen:

Both actually. Needless to say, given the proper set up, the LP is about 15% superior than the CD.

Tidal is streaming lossless (so they say) and have loads of the purple one listed since he withdrew everything from itunes, spotify and became a partner in Tidal.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone hearing AIDS rumors?

Kinda crazy if true.

He didnt die of AIDS... People who die from AIDS die in a bed... After weeks of wasting away in it... They aren't going to parties a few days before and drop dead by themselves in an elevator.

I can pretty much bet he died of a massive M.I. or some other acute coronary event (aortic dissection, etc)... Now was it a completely natural event or induced by some intervening actor (drugs)? Don't know yet.

I saw in the news he od'd on Percocet on his airplane a few days before his death and that he was given the adrenaline shot. All speculation I guess until the autopsy comes back. The deaths that are piling up this year are truly unbelievable.

OK.... Heres my theory... I had always heard he didn't use drugs or drink... So thats why I was a bit shocked by the whole drug angle.

He has needed a double hip replacement going on ten years now... And he hasn't done it. I can only imagine that the pain has gotten progressively worse over the years and hes turned to prescription opioids to get through the day, let alone perform the way he does on stage.

He was seen at the local drugstore a few days before he died. And the first thought is "Prince goes to the drugstore? He doesn't send an assistant?" Yeah... You have to personally sign to pick up narcotic pain killers now... Even Prince.

Im guessing there will be another "Doctor Feelgood" out there who is about to get a lot more famous than he ever wanted to be, who's been prescribing him codeine to deal with pain.

RIP

Heard the pain killer rumor yesterday.

One of the very unfortunate aspects of protracted daily opioid use is the diminished effect of the drug (body develops resistance or tolerance) and one must continually increase the dose to achieve desired result.

There are so many other negative side effects on the body and mind. Chronic pain is an awful thing to live with and the drugs come with their own set of problems.

You lose either way.

OK.... Heres my theory... I had always heard he didn't use drugs or drink... So thats why I was a bit shocked by the whole drug angle.

He has needed a double hip replacement going on ten years now... And he hasn't done it. I can only imagine that the pain has gotten progressively worse over the years and hes turned to prescription opioids to get through the day, let alone perform the way he does on stage.

He was seen at the local drugstore a few days before he died. And the first thought is "Prince goes to the drugstore? He doesn't send an assistant?" Yeah... You have to personally sign to pick up narcotic pain killers now... Even Prince.

Im guessing there will be another "Doctor Feelgood" out there who is about to get a lot more famous than he ever wanted to be, who's been prescribing him codeine to deal with pain.

You have a good inside source of information. Not many people knew about his hips being bad. I was familiar with that, due to the fact that this was my business for 25 years. I think your theory is solid, and may very well turn out to be exactly what happened.

I thought the hip thing was common knowledge. I remember reading about it years ago and other people I've spoken to recently seemed to all know about it. Its also up on wiki.

You have a good inside source of information. Not many people knew about his hips being bad. I was familiar with that, due to the fact that this was my business for 25 years. I think your theory is solid, and may very well turn out to be exactly what happened.

"Doctor D" - Prince's dealer:

"I first met Prince in 1984 while he was filming the movie Purple Rain and he was already majorly addicted to opiates - I didn't hook him on drugs he was already a really heavy user. In the beginning he would buy speed as well as Dilaudid. I would sell him black beauties which were a black pill and cross tops which were also speed pills. He would use that as a counter balance to get back up again from taking opiates. That lasted for a couple of years then he would just buy Dilaudid, which is a heroin based opiate. It is highly addictive."

"As far as I knew he never took heroin - as that would leave you out of it for days whereas Dilaudid gives you an energy buzz as well as making you feel relaxed - so he preferred it. He needed the drugs because he was so nervous - he could be nervous in a room with just five people in it. He was scared to go out in public, he was scared to talk to people and didn't like to go on stage - he had the worst case of stage fright I'd ever seen. A lot of performers rely on drugs to make them feel confident on stage but he was by far the worse. Plus he was always paranoid about doctors so he wouldn't ask them for help - he had a phobia of them."

"As far as I knew he never took heroin - as that would leave you out of it for days whereas Dilaudid gives you an energy buzz as well as making you feel relaxed - so he preferred it. He needed the drugs because he was so nervous - he could be nervous in a room with just five people in it. He was scared to go out in public, he was scared to talk to people and didn't like to go on stage - he had the worst case of stage fright I'd ever seen. A lot of performers rely on drugs to make them feel confident on stage but he was by far the worse. Plus he was always paranoid about doctors so he wouldn't ask them for help - he had a phobia of them."

Never would have guessed. :shock:

Not buying that. What is the source? A drug dealer? Lol. That guy has great credibility.

"Doctor D" - Prince's dealer:

"I first met Prince in 1984 while he was filming the movie Purple Rain and he was already majorly addicted to opiates - I didn't hook him on drugs he was already a really heavy user. In the beginning he would buy speed as well as Dilaudid. I would sell him black beauties which were a black pill and cross tops which were also speed pills. He would use that as a counter balance to get back up again from taking opiates. That lasted for a couple of years then he would just buy Dilaudid, which is a heroin based opiate. It is highly addictive."

Once again... What IVE ALWAYS HEARD is, he didn't do illicit drugs... EVER... And was vocal about his intolerance of them...

Was he "nervous"? SHY, is what I've always heard... So part of that rings true... But it was on a MICRO level... relating to people one on one... Its a pretty common phenomenon that people who can communicate to an arena full of people, have difficulties in a small group setting... Ive never heard anything about stage fright or any of the rest... So all in all, Ill call Bullshit.

Roman..... I want to thank you for an intelligent, coherent and insightful analysis. Prince has always been a special artist to me. I was lucky enough to see him perform in MSG. The world is a more somber place without him.

Maybe the circumstances of his death will bring more attention to the dangers of opiate medication, and the importance of addressing health issues in a more judicious manner.

I don't usually stay steadfast on these issues.......but having met him several times, it is amazingly hard for me to believe the drug story. This guy was not the type. He may have changed recently, per Romans analysis-but 25 years.....no way. Still not buying it.

I don't usually stay steadfast on these issues.......but having met him several times, it is amazingly hard for me to believe the drug story. This guy was not the type. He may have changed recently, per Romans analysis-but 25 years.....no way. Still not buying it.

you never know someone like you think you do... meeting him "several times" is not enough to really know him.

Are they going to run an autopsy on him? that will show everything...

you never know someone like you think you do... meeting him "several times" is not enough to really know him.

Are they going to run an autopsy on him? that will show everything...

I agree, but I am an ex pharmacist. And I saw no signs or symptoms. They did perform an autopsy, the results will be available in a few weeks. I will be very curious.

This might be a repost because I didnt read the whole thread but first Chyna, then Prince, now a fresh tragedy.................Kanye has been found alive and well.

This might be a repost because I didnt read the whole thread but first Chyna, then Prince, now a fresh tragedy.................Kanye has been found alive and well.

:icon_thumleft:

alive may be but I find it hard to believe the "and well" bit when it comes to his mentality?

Ya know.... "Drugs" is always the first thing someone thinks of when a rockstar drops dead.... But he was also at an age when a lot of men (especially black men) have their first heart attack. Often its fatal (especially if they're alone and cant call for help... Like, say, oh, I don't know... in a fcuking elevator in the middle of an enormous ass estate?).

The OB/GYN who delivered my kid was in his early 50's. Tall (probably 6'4"), fit, muscular, black guy... The picture of health... Great guy... Brilliant... Loved him! About 3 months after my kid was born the doc was walking through the Cedars Sanai E.R., talking to a colleague, and just keeled over... dead. Even in the Emergency Room of the best hospital in southern California, there wasn't a fcuking thing they could do for him. His ticker had an expiration date, and that was the minute it came up.

• 1 month later...

Chingching!

Yup... I gots good instincts...

Here's the rub, Fentanyl outside of the operating room is used for chronic pain via a pain patch that sticks to the skin like a nicotine one and then with lollypops and sublingual (under the tongue) slow release. The lollypops and sublingual (buccal/in the cheek) are used mainly for cancer pain treatment. I have a feeling whoever prescribed this is going to be in a heap of trouble.