What is the longest you've ever waited to receive a car?

cake

I want to know more about how Fortis's Q7 got lost at a port!

No idea how and why it happened but it did.

I ordered two at once, one for my friend one for my wife, few months in my friend noticed we've missed the soft close option, insisted that we must have that, the doors are heavy, the kids never shut them properly, etc. I caved in LOL. so I called in to order the soft close option, when I did that the cars which we initially ordered were in production already, the dealer ordered new cars so the waiting period started again, the dealer failed to tell us that but that was acceptable.

My friend's car gets here, my wife's doesn't, one month goes by, two months go by, I was thinking WTH where is this car? I called the dealer asking what's going on, they started looking into it, he said I am sorry we can not locate the car come to the dealership we will give you a new Q7 to use until we find yours or build you a new one.

Sure why not, a month or so later he called me saying they've found the car, it was at the port in Germany and they arranged to have it shipped over, stranger things have happened I guess.

Needless to say my friend still laughs his ass off every time we talk about it, if he didn't ask me to spec the cars with door suckers I would've had the car in time LOL.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. I love the soft close doors. I am so used to them I look like a fool with a normal car. My wife still shuts the doors like she is slamming a death row inmates cell door.

Placed an order for the 580-2 couple weeks ago, looking at a Dec/Jan delivery so this would be my longest wait.

I'm going on 2 years waiting for a running Jalpa :P

5 1/2 months.

Hubby brought it home today.

I can't drive. Got a concussion on Apr 14 (rear ended)

Drove it from the top of the driveway into the garage. Waiting until doctor gives me clearance.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Drove it from the top of the driveway into the garage. Waiting until doctor gives me clearance.

Feel better!

Looks great Carol!

Sorry about the concussion. I'm assuming that didn't happen on the track.

Thanks Jason. No track - on the street in my own neighborhood. I think the track is probably much safer!

I see you and Capt Chaos finally had an opportunity to meet up. Hope you recover quick!
I wish!! :icon_mrgreen:

Feel better!
Thank you!

Those that don't know, cake had an accident by falling out of a tree. One that is outside my bedroom window.

Bloody Pervert.

at least I had a huge smile as I plummeted to the ground :monkeyleft:

5 1/2 months.

Hubby brought it home today.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cake huge congrats, my favorite color :icon_super:

Get well soon!!!

Details?

I have a BMW M1 that has been in restoration for 11 years. We sort lost our focus for a while but i think this is the year it comes come. Get well soon.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

I have a BMW M1 that has been in restoration for 11 years. We sort lost our focus for a while but i think this is the year it comes come. Get well soon.

That is one helluva restoration. Hope you'll post pics of the before and after once it's home.

You still alive?? You forgot about your long distance son :(

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

That is one helluva restoration. Hope you'll post pics of the before and after once it's home.

It isn't that complicated, we are just lazy and too many cars to fiddle with. I dumped a bunch of cars to focus on the ones i really want to keep long term. The M1 is one of them.

You still alive?? You forgot about your long distance son :(

Barely lol. You know i have been very sick.