What is the longest you've ever waited to receive a car?

cake

Curious about everyone's experiences.

Once the GT4 is actually delivered I will post my own experience - but at this point I don't have it yet.

Not sure whether the wait began the day I put my name on the list with deposit, or the day I spec'd the build. Either way....it's been a loooooong wait.

I'm pretty sure Fortis could have built me a house faster :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feb 4 2015 added to list with deposit

Nov 13 2015 given build slot

It'll probably be in the garage Monday but I thought it was coming home today. One thing after another so at this point I'll believe it when it's here.

The dealer hit some prep snags and there have been a variety of issues. Nothing insurmountable but time consuming.

Fingers crossed for Monday.

My 1st Tesla was a little over two years. Most of my Lambo's have been around 6 to 8 months.

Huracan, I think it was more than 12 months, over 1 year for a Q7 Audi which was forgotten on the port in Germany, true story LOL, the C63 I bought last year was delivered 5 months after the promised delivery date, took delivery in Oct 15, it was delivered in an incorrect spec, they ordered a new one which was supposed to be here January 16 it's still not here, they are telling me next week, the SV Roadster gets delayed by 2 months every time I speak with the dealer, I am sick of waiting for cars to be delivered, I look and research them online while I am waiting when they get here I am pretty much bored with them :icon_mrgreen: seem like the wait and anticipation is 60 to 70% of the fun.

Cake, sorry for not replying to your PM, I've been ridiculously busy, I will get to it :icon_thumleft:

It's nothing special around here, but I put my deposit down for my Genesis Coupe on May 5 2009. Received the car on August 12 2009.

I didn't even get the one I ordered. I settled for a different trim so that I could get it before October.

Aventador (s)... 10, almost 11 months... Worth the wait.

I see 1-2 gt4 and even a gt3 rs for sale as new or with 2k mi. I would hate to wait months and certainly not a year to get my car. I think the wait starts when you spec the car though.

I have been waiting since 2008 for the Lambo I want. But I think you already knew that Carol. Lol.

Congrats on the new car and I really hope you have it on Monday!

Huracan, I think it was more than 12 months, over 1 year for a Q7 Audi which was forgotten on the port in Germany, true story LOL..... seem like the wait and anticipation is 60 to 70% of the fun.

Cake, sorry for not replying to your PM, I've been ridiculously busy, I will get to it :icon_thumleft:

no worries Fortis and geez those are some CRAZY delivery stories!

For me ordering and waiting are inconvenient but I didn't really think about it too much until very close to delivery. My fun will start once I am driving it and especially once I get 2000 miles on the ODO and ESPECIALLY once I get it on track. I don't find the anticipation very enjoyable.

I see 1-2 gt4 and even a gt3 rs for sale as new or with 2k mi. I would hate to wait months and certainly not a year to get my car. I think the wait starts when you spec the car though.
they are for sale all over! But many at a crazy premium - especially the RS! I agree that the order date is when the clock starts ticking.

I have been waiting since 2008 for the Lambo I want. But I think you already knew that Carol. Lol.

Congrats on the new car and I really hope you have it on Monday!

ding ding ding we have a winner!! Thanks and I hope you find your dream car soon!!

My 1st Tesla was a little over two years. Most of my Lambo's have been around 6 to 8 months.
two years is a LONG time!

It's nothing special around here, but I put my deposit down for my Genesis Coupe on May 5 2009. Received the car on August 12 2009.

I didn't even get the one I ordered. I settled for a different trim so that I could get it before October.

they are special if they are YOUR order!

Aventador (s)... 10, almost 11 months... Worth the wait.
hope to see you soon at CnC! And yes your cars are definitely worth the wait!!!

Ordered GT3RS middle of last year for an October 2015 delivery that just got on the boat yesterday thanks to PTS setbacks. Painful for a Porsche but typical for Ferraris.

18 to 24 months on a restoration and two plus years to track down my first Se. None of these where new cars. Longest for new car is for a custom RR Dawn and I will let u know

For a new car, 17months. For something that I wanted the moment I saw it, add convincing the owner to sell and then the restoration, 3years+.

1958 to 2005 for my first "exotic". Currently waiting on a new addition, deposit placed October '15 delivery expected first week of June this year. I'll post pics when that arrives....

1958 to 2005 for my first "exotic". Currently waiting on a new addition, deposit placed October '15 delivery expected first week of June this year. I'll post pics when that arrives....

Can't wait to see what you are getting. Any hints ? :icon_mrgreen:

Ordered a focus RS in October when the order banks opened, it was just selected for scheduling last week. On the low side another 4 months to wait, so I sold it.

I was briefly interested in a gt4, plenty available at dealers and two local dealers offered me build slots for $5K over as recently as last week for August delivery. It's seems like everyone that has purchased rs's have done so solely to flip them. The whole deal is a massive turn off.

Longest wait? My old I3 Rex that took three months to get here then five months sitting in the port for epa release. At the end, seventeen months later, car was never right and I had to lemon law it. Ironically though, I never had to wait for any of my significant P cars, 965 3.6, 965 3.6 s flachbau, 993 turbo, etc. each one was purchased at champion right off the showroom floor at or below sticker.

I was briefly interested in a gt4, plenty available at dealers and two local dealers offered me build slots for $5K over as recently as last week for August delivery. It's seems like everyone that has purchased rs's have done so solely to flip them. The whole deal is a massive turn off.

Longest wait? My old I3 Rex that took three months to get here then five months sitting in the port for epa release. At the end, seventeen months later, car was never right and I had to lemon law it. Ironically though, I never had to wait for any of my significant P cars, 965 3.6, 965 3.6 s flachbau, 993 turbo, etc. each one was purchased at champion right off the showroom floor at or below sticker.

Without the benefit of hindsight, how did you like the '94 Turbo 3.6 S Flatnose? Aside from the double msrp upgrade which must have been gutsy at the time to order, did it seem THAT special?

Without the benefit of hindsight, how did you like the '94 Turbo 3.6 S Flatnose? Aside from the double msrp upgrade which must have been gutsy at the time to order, did it seem THAT special?

It felt no different than my 965. What was cool though was the interior. Leather gauge faces, leather knobs, full leather interior etc. Lots of interior wood and goodies, neat exhaust tips.

What was really cool though was seeing the front fenders from underneath without the liners and actually seeing that the fenders were literally a turbo fender and a 968 fender grafted together. Touches like that gave the car a real old school hand made feel.

Ordered my wifes Cayman GTS in start of Dec last year and still waiting for it. Delivery date is Beg of July. Pretty long IMO for a non-special edition car.

It felt no different than my 965. What was cool though was the interior. Leather gauge faces, leather knobs, full leather interior etc. Lots of interior wood and goodies, neat exhaust tips.

What was really cool though was seeing the front fenders from underneath without the liners and actually seeing that the fenders were literally a turbo fender and a 968 fender grafted together. Touches like that gave the car a real old school hand made feel.

That's really cool, thanks for sharing. I think a late 80's slant nose is the coolest looking to me, probably just from growing up during the time, but that S you had was truly special no doubt. All hand built and super rare.