holy mother of God

topcabron

someone here buy that car! i am sure it needs a ton of works but still a SV-R at low price! good luck finding an other!

What do you think the cars needs as a mnimum? I have a feeling quite a bit.....

Lots. Mine came with 4 massive folders with data on all the races it's been in. The average cost per year to run her was $118k. And that wouldn't included the cost of getting her race ready which I am finding it's massive.

What does the legal process itself look like?

I'd be curious to see if how it was done was turly legal or if it was simply a matter of exploiting a loophole. When Roy's svr was on eBay years ago, the seller was very sketchy when asked about how a race car obtained a title and was "street legal".

Regardless, I've seen people simply put a mechanics lien on a non us legal car and viola 45 days later you have a title.

I'd be curious to see if how it was done was turly legal or if it was simply a matter of exploiting a loophole. When Roy's svr was on eBay years ago, the seller was very sketchy when asked about how a race car obtained a title and was "street legal".

Regardless, I've seen people simply put a mechanics lien on a non us legal car and viola 45 days later you have a title.

I also wonder if the car is titled as a "kit car" can you actually insure it for full value?

Lots. Mine came with 4 massive folders with data on all the races it's been in. The average cost per year to run her was $118k. And that wouldn't included the cost of getting her race ready which I am finding it's massive.

Wow! I can believe it was that much per year! What all was required that was so massive in cost. I can't think of $118K worth of items that need to be fixed each year on a decent car unless stuff was breaking quite often.

Wow! I can believe it was that much per year! What all was required that was so massive in cost. I can't think of $118K worth of items that need to be fixed each year on a decent car unless stuff was breaking quite often.

It is a full-blown racecar and those always need a lot of things replaced constantly to stay in peak running condition. I'm surprised the number is not higher (though it also depends on how many races it's been in per year).

Between engine tear downs, brakes, tires, fuel, replacing broken body parts, crew etc..yea that will add up quickly.

If it's just a fun car to drive around the track once or twice a month, are the maintenance costs really that high? I would have thought it would be only a little more compared to a regular diablo.

What about all those Ferrari Challenge cars.....were any of them converted to street legal?

I could swear some of those 348 and 355 Challenge cars were converted to street...

What about all those Ferrari Challenge cars.....were any of them converted to street legal?

I could swear some of those 348 and 355 Challenge cars were converted to street...

Rob (Ferretti) has one. F430 type. I'm pretty sure his was originally a challenge car. I've seen a video or two wear he was driving it on the road.

seems to me that there is always a way

i would think in a liberal car state like arizona it mu=ight be easier than California

348 challenge were 99% road legal cars

i had a TS and now a TB: good fun cars!

also many 355 challegne are road legal cars

348 challenge were 99% road legal cars

i had a TS and now a TB: good fun cars!

also many 355 challegne are road legal cars

Friend of mine has a 348 Challenge car on the road and legal for many years, it is extremely loud and noisy inside though.

I doubt the engine has ever been "torn down". The V12 engines in these cars are quite bullet proof.. they always have been.

Remember, Racing is the largest tax shelter there is. So odds are the figure of maintenance costs is over inflated dramatically. The most expensive would be body damage if there was any. Otherwise odds are inside that expense is probably the cost of labor for pit crew and other shit too.

My friend ran an R8 LMS car for a whole season.. Expenses consisted of brakes and tires.. It's on the same engine for the 4th year.

The porsche gt3 cup cars are diff.. 100hours and engine rebuild regardless i am told.

Friend of mine has a 348 Challenge car on the road and legal for many years, it is extremely loud and noisy inside though.

there were/are 2 different 348 challenge mufflers:

one is a straight pipe (extremely loud)

one is a single silencer, sport one, loud but OK for the road

i add a pic of both the mufflers

the stock 348 cars had 2 big heavy silencer, one over the other, very heavy and silent

the "middle" level muffler is ok for the road and ok performance. (20 hp over the stock 348 equipment), the straight pipe was only for the trak in period. a friend has a yellow 348 TS challenge: is cool but very very loud...i think easy to get pulled over with that one.

post-4328-1467637850_thumb.jpg

the "middle" level muffler is ok for the road and ok performance. (20 hp over the stock 348 equipment), the straight pipe was only for the trak in period. a friend has a yellow 348 TS challenge: is cool but very very loud...i think easy to get pulled over with that one.

My friend has an F355 GTS with full Fabspeed straight pipes. I drove behind him one time through a tunnel and it was so loud that MY ears were ringing! :shock: That car attracts attention!

• 2 weeks later...
someone here buy that car! i am sure it needs a ton of works but still a SV-R at low price! good luck finding an other!

Thanks for inquiring about our Diablo SV-R a few weeks back, but it sold for the full asking price, deposit received.

The car has been sold so whoever bought it speak up!!!