Karma is a BITCH

360challenge

First comment in the Jalopnik article made me nearly spit out the water I was drinking.

I'm dying laughing at my office right now, because Gordon fcuking Ramsey is getting a ThethetheFerrari Spider and this guy isn't Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!

First comment in the Jalopnik article made me nearly spit out the water I was drinking.

It is funny, isn't it. Shmee 150 is getting a Ford GT, and they turned down waves of people that are likely much more highly qualified, have owned more of their product, had a Ford GT, or had many Ford GT's, and they select him because he has the following on YouTube and Instagram. The companies are now using these cars as mouthpieces for their brand, yet not rewarding the people that have been loyal to the brand forever. I am a Gordon Ramsay fan, but he has only been buying the cars for a few years. But, when he drives on in London, the whole world knows it times a million.

It is funny, isn't it. Shmee 150 is getting a Ford GT, and they turned down waves of people that are likely much more highly qualified, have owned more of their product, had a Ford GT, or had many Ford GT's, and they select him because he has the following on YouTube and Instagram. The companies are now using these cars as mouthpieces for their brand, yet not rewarding the people that have been loyal to the brand forever. I am a Gordon Ramsay fan, but he has only been buying the cars for a few years. But, when he drives on in London, the whole world knows it times a million.

Isn't he buying a UK version? So that is a different selection pool than the US buyers?

links aren't working. I found it, interesting to see how this plays out.

Will definitely be interesting to see what happens. Limited production spots, there are always going to be people who lose out but he does sound like someone who should have been given a spot. However,after being rejected I would have no longer wanted to give Ferrari any business

I don't really know who this guy is, am I missing some sort of epic backstory?

I don't really know who this guy is, am I missing some sort of epic backstory?

Considering he is a decades long collector, he should have been given a bit more consideration:

1965 275 GTB

1971 Daytona Spider

1972 BBC 512

1985 F 40

1986 black Testarossa

1986 white Testarossa

1995 F 50

2003 Enzo

2005 FXX

2015 458 Speciale

2015 488

2015 ThethetheFerrari

550 Barchetta

BBLM

Maserati MC 12

Super America

Schumacher Ferrari Formula 1

The 1965 275 GTB is estimated to be worth $75M

Is there a level above "first world problems"? Spoiled rich people problems, or something?

I don't know the guy either, but how embarrassing this is even a thing.

YES

Does anyone feel like telling me a story then? :lol2: i feel like i'm missing out on something.

Does anyone feel like telling me a story then? :lol2: i feel like i'm missing out on something.

+1. I don't know PH, but from all accounts from those I know that do know him, he's a stand-up guy. A stand-up guy that's been buying and collecting mega-Ferraris for a long time and gone so far as to 'loan' his 275GTB/C (way different than your run of the mill 275; Massini has called it the "1965 GTO" and it's one-of-one) to Ferrari for various events and promotions... By all accounts, he's 'played nice and played by the rules' with Ferrari, even participating in their cash grab, er, FXX programme... One does these things with a certain understanding that these things will be reciprocated, in this case in the form of allocations of super cars.

Love to hear a contrasting back story.

"one of the replies to the Jalopnik story scratches the surface and gives you some flavor".

The Troof

seoultrain

8/04/16 10:58am

If you knew him, you’d understand why. The guy is old, senile, and batshit crazy to begin with. There’s a good chance that somewhere along the line he pissed off someone at Ferrari, and this is their payback. He’s an asshole...trust me.

"one of the replies to the Jalopnik story scratches the surface and gives you some flavor".

The Troof

seoultrain

If you knew him, you’d understand why. The guy is old, senile, and batshit crazy to begin with. There’s a good chance that somewhere along the line he pissed off someone at Ferrari, and this is their payback. He’s an asshole...trust me.

Jalopnik can't be considered a reliable source for information on cars... Their comments section sure as fcuk isn't a reliable source for information on the character of a world class Ferrari collector.

Any other information?

Edit - there is some merit to the comments about his age... There was a theory shared on another forum that Ferrari is shifting their preferential treatment to younger customers who have, um, more time as VIP customers ahead of them... I can see how that makes sense.

Still not sure where this is an issue of 'karma'?

The Troof

seoultrain

Sounds like some people on here aren't his biggest fans, or on there either?

The Troof

seoultrain

Again, not a reliable source but.. (Wiki)

" In 2005 Henn began making unusual decisions such as firing the facility's trademark circus act, and it was rumored he was selling the facility. Later that year he was involved in a violent altercation with a vendor he was trying to evict. Police used a taser to subdue him.[1] Henn was subsequently sent to a mental hospital for again attempting to assault the vendor.[2]"

That's better, thanks.

Still doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would cause one to fall from grace with Ferrari and he's been involved at a high level since the events in the wiki post (FXX programme, special production car allocations, etc)...

I can see why Ford would give out a bunch of cars to people like Shmee. Think about it. He never says anything bad about any cars to his huge following. Makes sense to me. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do the same if I was running the game.

As for the "Ferrari fag" (referencing the Ferrari Fag thread), I can't stand people like that. They're ruining the automotive market for true enthusiasts.

I see Preston at our annual toy run and he never spoke to me once.

all the sudden a few years ago I pull up in my CGT and he was my best buddy

and acted like we have been friends for years. a little shady IMO

he has the exact twin of my old CGT so we started talking about the cars etc. after that he

seemed like a nice guy. invited me to see the swap shop collection which is unreal FYI

he def seems a little off and looks like a old farmer from iowa lol

I heard he also won the lottery years ago.. either way this story doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure

he pissed off someone at the factory.

Considering he is a decades long collector, he should have been given a bit more consideration:

1965 275 GTB

1971 Daytona Spider

1972 BBC 512

1985 F 40

1986 black Testarossa

1986 white Testarossa

1995 F 50

2003 Enzo

2005 FXX

2015 458 Speciale

2015 488

2015 ThethetheFerrari

550 Barchetta

BBLM

Maserati MC 12

Super America

Schumacher Ferrari Formula 1

The 1965 275 GTB is estimated to be worth $75M

All amazing cars, yes.

But no 288 GTO?

#DeservedDenial :icon_mrgreen:

I see Preston at our annual toy run and he never spoke to me once.

all the sudden a few years ago I pull up in my CGT and he was my best buddy

and acted like we have been friends for years. a little shady IMO

he has the exact twin of my old CGT so we started talking about the cars etc. after that he

seemed like a nice guy. invited me to see the swap shop collection which is unreal FYI

he def seems a little off and looks like a old farmer from iowa lol

I heard he also won the lottery years ago.. either way this story doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm sure

he pissed off someone at the factory.

Yes, probably so.

In an age where Jeremy Clarkson could be fired from Top Gear and Jim Harbaugh from the 49ers......friction between people always trumps merit/talent/pedigree.

His actions tell a lot about the man. I'm guessing he stepped on someones dick at Ferrari and they decided to win the war.