URUS ready

Albert-LP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on it ... proper support vehicke for my 2018 trip from England to Japan. Any Lambo Power peops going? going to be all across Europe and Asia on an SV!

the SV has to have the tops off (roadster) in order to properly cross all of Europe and Asia ... and we need the SUV for extra girls; Concs luggage and our crew

I think you know it will be wrapped

stupid question: oh why oh why wrap these cars oh so flashy oh no .. why does he do it?

simple ans. after 160,000 miles of driving in 4 Aventadors ... not a single paint chip ever :)

rally on see you all in Europe and Asia with our URUS ... and the Super Veloce

post-93516-1489598555_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1489598566_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1489598820_thumb.jpg

post-93516-1489598826_thumb.png

Just saw this and Loving the design as well as the updates interior TFT screens.

I'd definitely like one to add to my SVR and LR4.....

What color did you get?

ordered the color shown above.. size wise it is a tad bigger than Porsche macan which is perfect for me.

• 2 weeks later...

On Quattroruote Italian magazine, April issue, there are the Urus pictures/renders: they are not official, but the car is that. It's very nice and aggressive. A bit different than the prototype shown some years ago, but quite close and even better looking

Quattroruote April 2017 issue

ciao

Edit: in the viodeo there isn't the Urus, just the link to April issue promo. You have to buy it, sorry!

I too am interested in a RR Velar as a DD. But I am also wondering as to how different is this car compared to a Jaguar F-Pace; i.e. if there is any difference at all...mechanically speaking?

Not much, RR has some added optional offroading stuff.

Quattroruote says 497 x 200 x 165 (h) cm. Available in 4 seaters or 5 seaters options. 4 liters V8 TT 600+ HP engine. Carboceramic brakes. No offroad attitudes. Early deliveries in summer 2018. Hybrid hi performances model one year later (2019). Will be officially introduced on December 5, 2017, at Lamborghini factory

ciao

So what size does this equate to? Range rover or sport or smaller. Looks small in the pictures but i heard it was massive so a bit confused

It's a raised sides supersport car, 4WD, 4WS. Price (here) will start at 180 k euro (30 k less than the 488 GTB). All from Quattroruote

ciao

Quattroruote says 497 x 200 x 165 (h) cm. Available in 4 seaters or 5 seaters options. 4 liters V8 TT 600+ HP engine. Carboceramic brakes. No offroad attitudes. Early deliveries in summer 2018. Hybrid hi performances model one year later (2019). Will be officially introduced on December 5, 2017, at Lamborghini factory

ciao

That seems a little narrow at 200 cm. Range Rover Sport is 207,3 with mirrors folded.

So what size does this equate to? Range rover or sport or smaller. Looks small in the pictures but i heard it was massive so a bit confused

Ranger rover is 499 cm long and 183 in height. Seems to have a similar footprint as a range rover but it's a lot lower at 165 cm in height.

Range Rover Sport is much more a truck than a supersport car with raised sides like the Urus will be. You have to compare the RR sport with a Mercedes G or a Toyota Land Cruiser and something like that, not with te Urus: the RR sport is an offroad car, the Urus not at all. Urus cannot cross deep water or climb a rocky hill like the RR sport could do, and doesn't have reduced gears. But the RR sport cannot even follow an Urus on an handling track nor compare as top speed, drag times or braking distance.

ciao

Range Rover Sport is much more a truck than a supersport car with raised sides like the Urus will be. You have to compare the RR sport with a Mercedes G or a Toyota Land Cruiser and something like that, not with te Urus: the RR sport is an offroad car, the Urus not at all. Urus cannot cross deep water or climb a rocky hill like the RR sport could do, and doesn't have reduced gears. But the RR sport cannot even follow an Urus on an handling track nor compare as top speed, drag times or braking distance.

ciao

Was just comparing sizes not performance, of course they are very different cars.

A little birdy told me that the Urus is only 5 seconds slower on the Nürburgring then the Huracan

Performante?

Doubt it. It's running less horsepower and way more weight and has no funky active-aero to help it the same way the Performante does. Still fast though.

I was a Range Rover guy x's 7 in the past before I picked up the Cayenne Turbo S. I will never go back to RR. Performance and comfort, the CTS tops the RR.

Now, all that being said. CTS is supposed to reveal their new design in 19. If the Urus proves to be a dependable daily, I will more than likely go that route. If not, I'll stay with the CTS.

Fits between the big daddy Range Rover and the sport.

A little birdy told me that the Urus is only 5 seconds slower on the Nürburgring then the Huracan

If that happened I am surprised there are no spy shots

Fits between the big daddy Range Rover and the sport.

I thought it's suppose to be between the Sport and the Evoque? Certainly priced that way.

• 3 weeks later...

It starts leaking some definitive info on the car: 650 HP, 22" rims, prices starting (Italy price with VAT) at 190 K euro, sand crossing and jumping ok. It's not an offroad car, but it was tested and verified that it can play for a long time on sand hills you have in the Emirates and so on, up and down, jumps, sand drifting and so on. It will be a good toy for Sheikh's sand plays. First customer deliveries: late spring 2018

ciao

It starts leaking some definitive info on the car: 650 HP, 22" rims, prices starting (Italy price with VAT) at 190 K euro, sand crossing and jumping ok. It's not an offroad car, but it was tested and verified that it can play for a long time on sand hills you have in the Emirates and so on, up and down, jumps, sand drifting and so on. It will be a good toy for Sheikh's sand plays. First customer deliveries: late spring 2018

ciao

Means (more or less) 158 K euro + VAT (22% here)

Prices are still debated, but will be a bit higher than previously supposed (they must be much higher than the Cayenne Turbo S).

Note: stunning looking!!

ciao