166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

nuclear bomb

Liberal meltdown in 5..4..3..2.1

Actually I think thats what going on tonight on the Senate lloor with the Republicans keystone cop routine on the healthcare votes. 7 years really and this is the best you can do, what a joke.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think thats what going on tonight on the Senate lloor with the Republicans keystone cop routine on the healthcare votes. 7 years really and this is the best you can do, what a joke.
a

Agree 100% !! The healthcare issue could have been a major win for the repubs......but as usual politicians are given a golden opportunity and.......they squander it big time!!

The repubs should have had a plan READY TO GO.........bamm.... on Jan 22 it should have been dropped on congress ready to go. Maybe some minor points to discuss, negotiate and refine. That after seven years of *itching about the issue to not have something tangible is

almost totally unforgivable. This is definitely going to come back and bite them in the rear. Such a shame as success here would have given Trump & Co carte blanche to push their agenda. Talk about wasted opportunity!!!

a

Agree 100% !! The healthcare issue could have been a major win for the repubs......but as usual politicians are given a golden opportunity and.......they squander it big time!!

The repubs should have had a plan READY TO GO.........bamm.... on Jan 22 it should have been dropped on congress ready to go. Maybe some minor points to discuss, negotiate and refine. That after seven years of *itching about the issue to not have something tangible is

almost totally unforgivable. This is definitely going to come back and bite them in the rear. Such a shame as success here would have given Trump & Co carte blanche to push their agenda. Talk about wasted opportunity!!!

:iamwithstupid: Well put.

There is no plan because there can be no plan

Y'all blind? The pubs cant come up with SHIT. All their retard jackoff ideas immediately fcuk over millions of people.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ha, and one last soapbox post, you poo slingers! There isn't really a whole lot of negativity, discrimination, or moral conflict happening in the DoD. I met my first openly gay fighter pilot this year and he's doing just fine, as are his peers and how they treat him...a sign of the times. But for ALL new side issues (issues not directly related to killing people) that are presented to the military, from the lowest level training hindrences to the biggest policy changes, there is a whole lot of "this is too hard and we don't have the time to figure it out," which can be misinterpreted as moral objection, but really is, "no shit, we really don't have the time for this." Technically, aviators aren't allowed to take over-the-counter drugs of their own free will because there are too many and the system doesn't have the time or resources to figure out if one is a risk at 35,000ft. or under G -- too hard, no soup for you. I can't know what politics are happening in the executive branch, but I think that the LGBT community needs to chill out. It'll happen for them. It's only a matter of time and adaptations, ebb and flow. It's one thing to call for equality and fairness, but I get a little pissy when liberals start treating membership in an all-volunteer force as if it's a right. It just adds to the liberal elitism problem because it brings the assumption that anyone who can fog a mirror can serve and that the military is a guaranteed occupational option for those who can't do anything else; i.e. the liberal elite is so enlightened that they themselves never needed to sink to such a level of employment, but are so enlightened that they somehow empathize with those who did *facepalm* -- completely blind to their own bias and lack of credibility on the matter.

There is no plan because there can be no plan

Y'all blind? The pubs cant come up with SHIT. All their retard jackoff ideas immediately fcuk over millions of people.

The problem is Obamacare itself screwed over millions of people by skyrocketing their premiums and thus continues to. Properly done, under a GOP plan people will see their healthcare premiums drop and healthcare will become much more affordable. One of the great ironies of the "Affordable Care Act" is how unaffordable it has made health insurance for many.

Wheels do you actually have literal shit for brains?

Honest question.

Meanwhile, the maverick actually went maverick!!

The problem is Obamacare itself screwed over millions of people by skyrocketing their premiums and thus continues to. Properly done, under a GOP plan people will see their healthcare premiums drop and healthcare will become much more affordable. One of the great ironies of the "Affordable Care Act" is how unaffordable it has made health insurance for many.

Watching my cancer survivor mother skip routine cancer check ups and post chemo test and mastectomy plastic surgery because her premiums went from $500 to $5000 overnight because she was also paying for Pakishos cholera treatment and Daquan's meth withdrawal meds, it can't be emphasized how much I don't give a shit if the people who weren't covered before aren't covered again.

Wheels do you actually have literal shit for brains?

Honest question.

Meanwhile, the maverick actually went maverick!!

You haven't once responded to what he said. Just call him name and then change subject

I dont have cholera you cunt what the fcuk even IS cholera :lol2:

You dont like climbing premiums? Have you been paying any attention to what will happen to premiums if the drumpnuts push something through? A 60 year old with a 45k a year income and an 18k annual premium?

Gtfo

What makes me crazy is the fact that people are willing to drop the individual mandate and then act like it will reduce premiums

Un fuckin believable.

Like, 2+2=potato type shit

You dont like climbing premiums? Have you been paying any attention to what will happen to premiums if the drumpnuts push something through? A 60 year old with a 45k a year income and an 18k annual premium?

Gtfo

:lol2:

Uncontrollable bacterial diarrhea

I don't have the answer. I know what's in place isn't the answer. But the first part of solving the problem is cutting out the cancerous program.

I wrote a page or two back that I was just as upset as anyone that the GOP has had all of these years to come up with a good solid replacement and answer and haven't but keeping Obama care in place is not an option.

Repubs: bitch and complain but do nothing to solve it

Dems: let's keep riding the sinking ship until it's totally submerged. That'll help us win elections and keep people happy

Gtfo

What makes me crazy is the fact that people are willing to drop the individual mandate and then act like it will reduce premiums

Un fuckin believable.

Like, 2+2=potato type shit

The idea isn't to just drop the mandate (although that should be done as the mandate is unconstitutional anyway) and that's that, it is to create an alternative system. I do agree however that there has to be a form of tax levied to help pay for such a program. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Trump got elected because a lot of America wants blunt non-politician-speak, well one thing that the public needs to be made VERY aware of is that you cannot have a viable universal healthcare system without additional taxation.

In Europe, they do it because they have slim defense budgets and a VAT tax and also sometimes mandate people purchase insurance. But either way, there has to be additional money paid into such a system.

As for 2+2=potato, what drives me crazy is when people on the Left think that you can just magically expand Medicare to everyone and woo-hoo, everyone will have free healthcare and it will be all sunshine and rainbows and wonderful. Medicare and Medicaid have been skyrocketing in cost exponentially for decades now and are themselves close to hitting a cost ceiling soon, you expand them to everyone, even with additional funding, their being single-payer systems, by their nature, it will result in rationing and wait times for everyone. Already they are forcing elderly people to pay out-of-pocket for things that they used to not have to.

Also, side question, pakisho you really never heard of cholera?

Components that should be implemented as well are:

De-couple health insurance from employment. No one should have to get their health insurance solely through their employer where you lose it if you lose your job. This goes back to a New Deal tax dodge that became law in 1954 that made it where employer contributions to an employee's health plan are deductible for the employer. Eliminating this would amount to a "tax increase" given how long it has been in place, but it would de-couple health insurance from employment and could be combined with a corresponding tax cut. This also is what Obama meant back in 2008 when debating John McCain when he claimed that McCain's health plan was to "tax people's healthcare." Unfortunately, McCain was too uninformed on his own plan to know how to properly defend it.

Establish health savings accounts.

Allow purchase of health insurance across state lines.

Two problems today as well as that people live a good deal longer than they used to (for example, when Social Security was first implemented, the minimum age to receive it was 65 because most people were dead before then). In addition, there is a lot MORE health CARE today than before with all the high-tech treatments they have today. In the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, they didn't have MRIs, CT scans, PT scans, etc...like today, and to the extent they did, they were much more primitive.

As a side note, they are talking about the ability to grow people new organs in pigs soon, I wonder how that will affect lifespan? 86 years-old and get a brand-new heart. Then kidneys starting to fail due to simple old-age? Get a brand-new pair. People might start living to the 110s and 120s!

It isn't possible to have an affordable and inclusive health care plan in the US simply because the cost of health care is too high. End of story. Someone's mother will skip cancer treatments due to a $5000 premium and someone's father will die from not even being able to afford to go to a doctor until it's too late. Either raise taxes massively and make affordable, good health care for everyone; exclude 10s of millions of people; or drastically cut the costs (salaries and profits) of every medical and pharma company and employee.

You can't have $200K doctors paying $200K for medical school, paying $XXXXXX for malpractice and liability insurance, prescribing $200K drugs that cost $2B to develop and years to get approved, so that you can pay $2000 just to get some tests done and a few scans in a private room where you waited 45 minutes longer than your appointment told you to be there, to see the doctor for 10 minutes, 5 minutes of which you'll just be having small-talk. Or worse, pay 5-figures to sit in a hospital bed overnight even though they don't really do anything other than "monitor" you. (My father was in the hospital overnight for sciatica. They weren't actually able to do anything and just gave him some pain killers, monitored his condition, then sent him home the next day with a bill for thousands of dollars.)

The Republicans couldn't pass anything simply because they don't have a solution, and they don't have a solution simply because there isn't one along the lines that they're thinking. Health care is a selfish thing by nature. It's a matter of self preservation. You can't blame anyone for saying they want you to suffer/die so that they can be healthy/live. That's an exaggeration, but more or less the reality.

Either raise taxes a lot or destroy/rebuild/nationalize the entire health care and pharma industry so that it actual makes sense. It's probably a combination of these two, though the latter is most important. Anything else is just pointless, unless of course you're alright with economically excluding people and considering good health care a privilege rather than a basic necessity and right.

Some countries in the world will says screw you patents and your $100K pills. We'll pay $X, and if you don't like it, we'll just steal your stuff and pay you nothing.

It just adds to the liberal elitism problem because it brings the assumption that anyone who can fog a mirror can serve and that the military is a guaranteed occupational option for those who can't do anything else; i.e. the liberal elite is so enlightened that they themselves never needed to sink to such a level of employment, but are so enlightened that they somehow empathize with those who did *facepalm* -- completely blind to their own bias and lack of credibility on the matter.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Well, there goes Trump's "biggest tax cuts in history."

I don't how Rand Paul can look himself in the mirror. Time to pack up his soap box and take his tired act back to KY. Ditto Mike Lee and Ted Cruz. Great to see these self-professed ideologues fold when forced into the breach.

Add in Scaramucci's and Trump's Republican on Republican crime, the spontaneous tranny ban, another banner week for the Republicans.

The only thing the Republicans have going for them right now is the utter incompetence of the Democratic leadership, great job with that "better new deal crap" messaging.

On another note, doesn't this drawing that someone just paid $30k for look like a bunch of hands flipping middle fingers?

IMG_0439.JPG

We need a poll. Who's tired of winning?

One right Supreme Court Justice already and another one to come shortly. I won't be tired of the left losing for the next 40 years. If a conservative Supreme Court was the single only thing to come from this presidency I'll sleep sound as a babe. But it won't be and it's not 👍🏻

It isn't possible to have an affordable and inclusive health care plan in the US simply because the cost of health care is too high. End of story.

There are certain ways to help lower the cost though.

Either raise taxes a lot or destroy/rebuild/nationalize the entire health care and pharma industry so that it actual makes sense. It's probably a combination of these two, though the latter is most important. Anything else is just pointless, unless of course you're alright with economically excluding people and considering good health care a privilege rather than a basic necessity and right.

Healthcare is not and cannot ever be a right. It is and always will be a privilege, as it is a combination of various goods and services, which require the labor of others to produce. To claim it is a right would be claiming one has a right to the labor of others, which no one does.

Nationalization would be one of the worst things one could do to the healthcare system. Also what makes you think that you're not going to be economically excluding people and considering healthcare a privilege with a nationalized system? With a nationalized system, or a system that functions as such, you end up with rationing and wait times, for example the Canadian and the UK system. If you need to see a doctor and they say, "No charge or paperwork, but we'll see you in four months," that is treating healthcare as a privilege and excluding people.

In addition, such systems have to make decisions about who ultimately gets any care and who does not due to the limitations of the funding available. This is one of the problems the UK NHS is currently having. The UK recently has refused to treat multiple patients for sicknesses:

LINK1

LINK2

Also, not all universal healthcare systems are nationalized systems. For example, France, Germany, Switzerland, and the Netherlands all have universal healthcare systems that are not single-payer or totally government-managed.

Some countries in the world will says screw you patents and your $100K pills. We'll pay $X, and if you don't like it, we'll just steal your stuff and pay you nothing.

Drugs cost what they cost. The price will be absorbed somehow, either through fewer drugs, or much longer waiting times, or higher prices, or some combination. A great deal of the global pharmaceutical research is done here in the United States.

http://archive.is/U4gtM

"Griffin also said Trump was trying to "drag LGBTQ people back into the closet." Was President Obama trying to drag gays back into the closet when he campaigned against marriage equality in 2008? Was President Clinton putting a padlock on the closet when he instituted "don't ask, don't tell" for the U.S. military?

Trump was the first U.S. president to enter 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. supporting marriage equality. When Hillary Clinton was backing her husband's decision to sign the Defense of Marriage Act that limited gay rights, Trump was an LGBT trailblazer in opening his Mar-a-Lago club to gay couples.

It is shortsighted to call Trump anti-LGBT. Supporting LGBT rights does not mean that you have to be an LGBT Santa Claus who continually stuffs the stockings and leaves presents under the tree. Trump has to make decisions for the nation, not one group, and sometimes that means you don't get what you want.

When it comes to LGBT politics it is sexuality first, country second. It is just the opposite when you are POTUS. Trump's decision may be unfair, but it was not incorrect."