LP 640 egear

megachad

Nice hat tip.... tell us more about the Murci!

So glad it worked out for you!

How is the car?

The car is fantastic.. cosmetically and mechanically it is a 10.. a serious 10.. Nicest cleanest lambo I have actually ever even seen or driven.. I couldn't be happier.

There are the typical front scrapes on the front bumper, and the passenger mirror doesn't like to go in and out automatically anymore.. that is it. Really a perfect car.

The wheels are aftermarket and they are seriously sick.. They look a lot like an SV wheel. 20" rear and 19" front. I love them. The white on black look has grown on me over the years and this car is about as Panda as you can get.. Very tasteful and sexy as all hell in person.

The car has the secondary cat deletes and it's exactly what I would have done. Very happy with the V12 f1 sound.. Best of all time imo.

The attention this car gets was actually pretty un expected. The Verde Ithica 6.0.... I just knew everywhere I went it was going to get noticed. People were drawn to that thing.. This car seriously gets about the same amount of attention. It just doesn't catch the eye quite as fast.. but when I drive by and someone recognizes it's not a typical car, the neck snap is even harder than the 6.0.. Look back at it look back at it.. haha.

Now... the Egear.. I am through and through a manual 6 speed guy.. I have even probably been quoted saying I will never own an egear.. I ate my words purchasing this car and trust me they were hard to swallow. I don't think I would have ever taken the plunge but recently my friend acquired a 2004 egear murci and I drove it. I felt myself eating my words at that moment. It was actually FUN to drive.. Yep. I said it. FUN.. It was way more engaging than I thought. Not as numb as all the other stupid paddle crap I have driven. For example. My wife's SRT8 Grand.. I can put it in race mode and manual shift that damned thing and every time I do I find myself forgetting to shift the car, and when I do shift, it feels like I just told the computer to shift the automatic transmission. Seriously I don't even know why I bother. The egear is a whole different animal and I am super glad it is. Especially in the lp640 car. I literally feel like the car is a manual. The clutch feels manual the car feels manual, the engine screams at you to shift, and when you finally pull back the paddle it feels like you just manually selected a gear. I don't know how they did it, but I actually find the car fun and engaging to drive. It also makes the car so much easier to drive.. (not that we buy a lambo for an easy car to drive, but it does make it easier)... Does it replace a manual in my heart. No way in hell. Is it as engaging as a manual? No... but closer than I excpeted. A lot closer.. I can see why all the sports cars are going to paddle shift. It makes all the performance of the car come to light regardless of who is driving. It takes the idiot behind the wheel and creates an illusion of excellence. Good and bad for sure. I accept it for the good and I am trying to forget why they did it and just enjoy it. Because the good part is damn good.

The overall feel of the car compared to the 2001 6.0 and the 2002 Murci.. Honestly they are so close in feel, but so far away..they are all so similar in lambo v12 feel. Heavy in the rear, a little floaty in the front. Thats pretty similar in all the cars. I would say the engines and the fit and finish is about all that has really changed. The 6.0 engine was better than the 6.2. It was snappy, had gobs of torque and it loved to pull all the way through RPM range. IMO The 6.0 was a faster car. The 5 speed was a lot of fun to. The tall gears, the first gear to second gear shift being up and not down.. It was a lot of fun to drive the 6.0 and more engaging than the 2002..

The 2002 murci was overall a little nicer fit and finish and a little quieter ride. You could tell it was a heavier car driving it. Not sure if this is true, but it def felt heavier. I enjoyed the 6 speed in the 2002. Gears weren't quite as tall as the 5 speed and it was fun to row through them. The engine left something to be desired to me in the early murci. Something changed from the 6.0 to the 6.2 and if I could guess I would say they just stroked the engine. Because it didn't feel as snappy. It didn't zip through the power curve and when you got to the top of the RPM range the HP curve just seemed to fall flat on it's face. It was fast, it had torque, and the HP felt great in the sweet spot, but it wasn't a 6.0. engine. I loved that engine.

The LP640.... Excellent fit and finish. Interior is sexy as all hell and I just want to live in this car..the leather still smells brand new. The car feels much tighter. All the panels feel tighter and more solid. I love driving the lp.The engine is amazing.. It's a beast.. It loves RPM's. When the VVT kicks in and the Valves open fcuking hold on. It's like the most steroided out VTEC I have ever felt. I love this engine. Smooth, Loud, Powerful, RPM eater. I just want to get on an open road and rip through all the gears over and over..I have driven an aventador and I liked it, but not as much as I like this lp.. The Bizzarrini V12 went out with a bang!

post-19695-1477067656.jpg

Awesome review! I feel the same way with the egear... in my Range Rover manual shifting just feels like your wasting your time. The Murci tho you still need to take off as tho there was a clutch, time your shifts, and when on a winding road giving it the beans its a blast. Its still a visceral drive with E-Gear.. I find anyway

Dude I LOVE the egear in my 640. Best advice I can give you with the car is TCS off and Sport on, the car really comes alive. Well, that and RWD. :D

Excellent write up! Thanks for sharing and congrats once again!

Thank you! :icon_thumleft:

Awesome review! I feel the same way with the egear... in my Range Rover manual shifting just feels like your wasting your time. The Murci tho you still need to take off as tho there was a clutch, time your shifts, and when on a winding road giving it the beans its a blast. Its still a visceral drive with E-Gear.. I find anyway

:iamwithstupid: more fun than I thought.. thanks for the advice when looking for one!

Dude I LOVE the egear in my 640. Best advice I can give you with the car is TCS off and Sport on, the car really comes alive. Well, that and RWD. :D

I have stub axle deletes....hmmmmmmmm.. I'll try tcs off and sport on.. thanks for the tip! :icon_super:

Congrats megachad. LP640 is such a BEAST for the money for sure :icon_super: . Loving mine every minutes. I'm feeling the wheels set up on yours too. If you ever decide to sell them...please send me a PM first? :icon_thumleft:

Congrats! Was this car ever in NJ or NY?

Thank you!

Nope.. It wasn't an lp member either.. It was in TX.. I think before that it was AZ..

Congrats megachad. LP640 is such a BEAST for the money for sure :icon_super: . Loving mine every minutes. I'm feeling the wheels set up on yours too. If you ever decide to sell them...please send me a PM first? :icon_thumleft:

Sweet! I think I am keeping them haha.. they sure look sexy on this beast! Yeah, I don't think even the Egear cars are going to be this cheap much longer.. Naturally Aspirated V12's are all going up imo... Everything is going turbo.. Lambo is where it is at!

You can still pick up a naturally aspirated V12 for the same price as a ford mustang gt350r.....The mustang is a cool car, but is it a lambo cool? No f$%king way.. These prices aren't sticking around for long. I had to jump on one again.

Congrats! Nice car! But I cannot be sold on Egear... :lol: :lol:

:eusa_naughty: Hahaha. Im not selling anyone. I love a 6 speed and miss having it. Just glad lambo did such a good job with the paddles.

Insightful review for sure.... seems to me that the Murci may have been overshadowed and it's nice to hear how it's aged over the last 10 years or so. It seems like yesterday when I had my young son over at the Bimmer Store here in Atlanta and we were sitting in and crawling around in a new 640 in Arancio Atlas.

Enjoy in good health sir.

Chad,

Having owned an LP640 for over 3 years now and owning your 6.0 for close to two years I can say your review and comparison between the 2 is spot on. And I love my egear in the LP.

Reflected some of my thoughts on my previous LP640 and my LP670 feels a bit bit quicker at top end. I don't think the E gear shifts are super fast (for example, not as fast as the 60 ms shifts on my 16M - that's a bang!) but they are certainly quick enough.

I also wonder if the shifts can be even quicker with a tune or adjustment of PIS.

Great looking car, it sort of reminds me of the Versace Edition.

Totally agree with your assessment on the Diablo 6.0. The gap between it and the Murci isn't much but the LP is quite obvious.

Congrats!

Great review

The engine is amazing.. It's a beast.. It loves RPM's. When the VVT kicks in and the Valves open fcuking hold on. It's like the most steroided out VTEC I have ever felt. I love this engine.

That is the best way to describe it. My car is modified, but between 5000 and 5800rpm it picks up over 100whp.

Dyno%20After_zpsfxvg1bro.png

Insightful review for sure.... seems to me that the Murci may have been overshadowed and it's nice to hear how it's aged over the last 10 years or so. It seems like yesterday when I had my young son over at the Bimmer Store here in Atlanta and we were sitting in and crawling around in a new 640 in Arancio Atlas.

Enjoy in good health sir.

Thank you! I will. You as well.

Nice write up!

:icon_thumleft:

Chad,

Having owned an LP640 for over 3 years now and owning your 6.0 for close to two years I can say your review and comparison between the 2 is spot on. And I love my egear in the LP.

I am so glad the 6.0 went to the right guy! You have done wonders for the car! I loved the 6.0 and enjoyed every second of it! That engine is so amazing.

Reflected some of my thoughts on my previous LP640 and my LP670 feels a bit bit quicker at top end. I don't think the E gear shifts are super fast (for example, not as fast as the 60 ms shifts on my 16M - that's a bang!) but they are certainly quick enough.

I also wonder if the shifts can be even quicker with a tune or adjustment of PIS.

I'm not sure if they can or not. I was pretty impressed with the shifts myself. that 16m must be nuts!

Great looking car, it sort of reminds me of the Versace Edition.

Totally agree with your assessment on the Diablo 6.0. The gap between it and the Murci isn't much but the LP is quite obvious.

Congrats!

I agree.. the lp was a great move forward

Great review

That is the best way to describe it. My car is modified, but between 5000 and 5800rpm it picks up over 100whp.

Dyno%20After_zpsfxvg1bro.png

I knew you would have some sort of data to back it up! hahaha :icon_super: :icon_thumleft:

Great write up I agree with your thoughts completely!

Thank you :icon_thumleft:

Any photos of the wheels?

I'll have to take some more and post them. These two pics dont give the wheels much perspective or justice..

post-19695-1477325874_thumb.jpg

post-19695-1477325884_thumb.jpg

Wheels look good, especially the rear. I like the deep barrel look, and have something similar on my SL65 from ADV.1. Have not deterred from stock on my LP yet though, still debating that.