Which car would you choose for $300-650k?

alpha6164

Whats you guys' thoughts... would you buy a car with 10K miles for 600 or a 5k mile car for 700?... my thoughts are (I'm not a collector, so to me looking at a CGT in the garage and not driving it would be like coming home to a victoria secret model spread nude on the bed and not touching her.. but I'll digress) due to scarcity they will all appreciate. Like is an F40 in good shape much different in value for a car with 10k and 20K? I say buy a good car with some mileage for less money.. enjoy and long term if its a collectible car.. the value will be there

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats you guys' thoughts... would you buy a car with 10K miles for 600 or a 5k mile car for 700?... my thoughts are (I'm not a collector, so to me looking at a CGT in the garage and not driving it would be like coming home to a victoria secret model spread nude on the bed and not touching her.. but I'll digress) due to scarcity they will all appreciate. Like is an F40 in good shape much different in value for a car with 10k and 20K? I say buy a good car with some mileage for less money.. enjoy and long term if its a collectible car.. the value will be there

The spread is not that much. A 5k car can be had for $650k. The one in naples can be had for $650k and it has 4k miles. Its the 2k cars that are asking $700k. So the question is would you buy a 4K car for $650k vs 10k car for $600k. 6000 miles is a lot of driving and you can enjoy the car without worrying about being in 5 digit mile territory. But you may be right it may be a toss up.

The spread is not that much. A 5k car can be had for $650k. The one in naples can be had for $650k and it has 4k miles. Its the 2k cars that are asking $700k. So the question is would you buy a 4K car for $650k vs 10k car for $600k. 6000 miles is a lot of driving and you can enjoy the car without worrying about being in 5 digit mile territory. But you may be right it may be a toss up.

Either way... I envy your problem :) I think whatever you chose will be AWESOME.. I also think the LP640 will go up in value. Lamborghini is the most underrated supercar.. the Murci has to be the hypercar bargain of the century... now that a lot of new lambo owners are in the fold due to the Huracan and Aventador... the older models will be more appreciated... I mean a 360cs is over 300 grand now!! I get its a race car for the street.. but its still pretty meh

Either way... I envy your problem :) I think whatever you chose will be AWESOME.. I also think the LP640 will go up in value. Lamborghini is the most underrated supercar.. the Murci has to be the hypercar bargain of the century... now that a lot of new lambo owners are in the fold due to the Huracan and Aventador... the older models will be more appreciated... I mean a 360cs is over 300 grand now!! I get its a race car for the street.. but its still pretty meh

Have you seen the CGT at Kulu/s at 629k USD? I think you should get it and let me drive it :icon_mrgreen:

With all due respect. The car of your dream should be the ONE you see when you close your eyes. If everyone influences you with CGT then chances you might end up with CGT but your heart (really) belongs to another car. Which ever car you are going to pick, I know its going to be heartthrob.

Had you already inquired about the San Francisco one?

I had not seen that until just now when someone posted it. It's not listed for sale on any of the common sites. I'll call them when they open up

Have you seen the CGT at Kulu/s at 629k USD? I think you should get it and let me drive it :icon_mrgreen:

It's in Canada and I wouldn't even know remotely how to import the car and the fact that it is in kilometers not sure how it would affect things.

You would need to use a broker.. although Kulu has brokered a ton of cars to the US so Im sure he could let you know what is required... worth asking, Scotti has one but wants over 700k usd sux for us Canadians with our pesos

I have 4000 miles driving CGTs, and a zillion miles driving everything else. CGT is the best car in the world. Will be way more than a million in enough time and nothing like it will ever be made again.

I had not seen that until just now when someone posted it. It's not listed for sale on any of the common sites. I'll call them when they open up

I posted it lol. Was on JamesList fyi. Good luck!

Agreed... thats one car I dont understand the crazy price tag for

Not many options if you're looking to add an Asian exotic to the collection...

I think alot depends what you are going to expect from the car. For example, years ago when I bought the SLR, I wanted the doors, speed, and mods. I wanted to take the car to the dragstrip, and one that could pretty much beat any other car in a straightline race. At that same time CGT were even cheaper than the SLR, but I wanted no part of the CGT, having even said that it looked like a big Boxster ( which it somewhat does) .

Today, I would not want another SLR. Im old and grey now, and could careless about racing. I use my cars for spirited drives through the canyons ( most would consider slow) but I want to feel Im driving the car. The SLR would feel like cruising in any Benzo. Costs to repair the SLR are astronomical as well. If you care about speed, off the line, the SLR has the advantage, as its traction control works better than the CGT. From a roll, say 50mph, I think the CGT has the advantage to around 150, and then SLR takes over again. The CGT feels extremely quick to me in that over 50 range. On 4 pt scales with full tank of gas the CGT weighs in at 3260lbs, and they dyno right around 560rwhp. A few have told me from a roll, they have pulled Aventadors if you care about that. From an appreciation standpoint with the SLR, the 722 would be the one to have.

The Ford GT is a cool car, but they made 3 1/2 times as many as the CGT, and inmo it feels rather cheap. It is of course cheaper than the CGT, but its still 300k. Id opt for a FGT over an SLR.

LFA-no thank you

As I noted on the CGT, many of the long standing Ebay cars have stories. Whether it be non existent service historys, to carfax issues. Lots of these low mileage CGT have never been serviced, and the excuse you will hear is "Its only got 4k miles, It doesnt need service" Inmo, if you are planning to keep the car long term, and planning on driving it, why would you pay a premium for low miles when you will add miles anyway? If you buy a low mileage example, it needs to stay as such. In the end, its a Porsche. Probably the best made, most reliable exotic car you can buy. I wouldnt doubt that a well maintained example with a 100k miles, drives just as good, if not better than one with 5k miles.

Almost forgot the Lp670 SV.. If you already have a good Murcielago, I would not upgrade to the SV. They do have a great looking bodykit, but from a driving standpoint they are not any better.

Today, I would not want another SLR. Im old and grey now, and could careless about racing. I use my cars for spirited drives through the canyons ( most would consider slow) but I want to feel Im driving the car. The SLR would feel like cruising in any Benzo. Costs to repair the SLR are astronomical as well. If you care about speed, off the line, the SLR has the advantage, as its traction control works better than the CGT. From a roll, say 50mph, I think the CGT has the advantage to around 150, and then SLR takes over again. The CGT feels extremely quick to me in that over 50 range. On 4 pt scales with full tank of gas the CGT weighs in at 3260lbs, and they dyno right around 560rwhp. A few have told me from a roll, they have pulled Aventadors if you care about that. From an appreciation standpoint with the SLR, the 722 would be the one to have.

3260 lbs??

My god that is light, unheard of in this day and age....amazing!!

To give an idea of where the CGT should be if we lived in 1990s regulations......a McLaren F1 is probably around 2700 lbs in similar conditions with a larger engine. You'd figure with engineering advances the CGT should be in around 2600 or so, if not lighter.

~650 lbs of extra fat for safety regs....

Agreed... thats one car I dont understand the crazy price tag for

Maybe you gotta own one to really appreciate it. Prices are headed no where but up.