Jump to content
christiann

Urus or e63 wagon?

Recommended Posts

I'm an absolute sucker for a high performance wagon, especially the E63 AMG. However, you're looking at what, roughly $100K difference? 

This is hardly the best example, but a quick search finds some great looking ones. This Renntech one would be a BLAST! I'm sure the Urus would handle the snow better though! 

402_p60_l.jpg

402_p49_l.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urus, never got the box on wheels G63 looks.

Urus looks is very spec and colour combo dependant, i've probably see 100 now and only liked 2!

Question should also be Urus or RSQ8 for half the money, interior virtually identical and outside similar, not driven one as they have only just been released but i would suspect it offers a lot of value by comparison 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, topjay said:

Urus, never got the box on wheels G63 looks.

Urus looks is very spec and colour combo dependant, i've probably see 100 now and only liked 2!

Question should also be Urus or RSQ8 for half the money, interior virtually identical and outside similar, not driven one as they have only just been released but i would suspect it offers a lot of value by comparison 

 

Urus anyday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how I would vote:

I love those AMG station wagons. Sedan height, storage (sleeping) ability, conservative, very fast. Only "con" I know of besides depreciation or costs is  fuel miles per gallon (when compared to other wagons).

This is a Lambo site. The Urus is "hot" desirable right now. Many say the Urus drives as a sports car, yet better than the above AMG? (I don't know). Mileage, costs, depreciation I would expect an apple to apple comparison with the AMG. 

Maybe the decision may be made on ground clearance? Perhaps made on the  ease of egress/ ingress?

Personally I am not a fan of SUVs, yet I see some practically for them if you have a family, or live in a snow zone,  or transport a drum set :) In my case, I would buy the AMG (or look to a FF or Panamera - anything other than a high riding vehicle).

Not sure how I would vote. (This is a Lambo site and I do enjoy the idea of an all Lambo fleet)

Good luck in your decision.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I prefer a car over SUV but for choice given I’d go with Urus  

I am a fan of wagons and hubby likes the sleeper E63. We took a long test drive in one and it rode like a buck board. I’m very easy going about how a vehicle rides. My back is fine and I’ll give up comfort for sporty to an extent. But even I didn’t like how it drove or handled.  And hubby has very bad back and cannot tolerate a stiff ride and he hated the E63 despite wanting to love it. 
 

We enjoyed several AMG cars in the past but the wagon fell short for us. 
 

FYI love our ‘18 Panamera. Hubby puts in comfort mode. I drive in sport plus which drops it a couple inches and stiffens suspension. It handles exceptionally well for a large sedan. Love the hatchback and fold down seats. We can cart a lot of stuff similar to a wagon. Love the look of the current generation. Goes great in snow (AWD). 
 

My choice for wagon is BMW 3 series. Certainly not a performance car but handles great, is fantastic in snow (Michelin Alpin) and very versatile.   Also relatively small which has its advantages. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up an e63s last week. Love it and the attention it doesn't get. According to Renntech they actually make stock  685 hp and the 0 to 60 is 3.08, 0 to 100 7.29. A $3,500 tune gets you 773 hp/778 ft pds of torque, 0 to 60 2.8, 0 to 100 6.76.

 

 

thumbnail_image0 (3).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinnsella said:

Picked up an e63s last week. Love it and the attention it doesn't get. According to Renntech they actually make stock  685 hp and the 0 to 60 is 3.08, 0 to 100 7.29. A $3,500 tune gets you 773 hp/778 ft pds of torque, 0 to 60 2.8, 0 to 100 6.76.

 

 

thumbnail_image0 (3).jpg

Oh my gosh yes...that looks awesome! Congratulations! I love those cars, stealth for a daily is the best! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2019 at 7:50 AM, cake said:

Personally I prefer a car over SUV but for choice given I’d go with Urus  

I am a fan of wagons and hubby likes the sleeper E63. We took a long test drive in one and it rode like a buck board. I’m very easy going about how a vehicle rides. My back is fine and I’ll give up comfort for sporty to an extent. But even I didn’t like how it drove or handled.  And hubby has very bad back and cannot tolerate a stiff ride and he hated the E63 despite wanting to love it. 
 

We enjoyed several AMG cars in the past but the wagon fell short for us. 
 

FYI love our ‘18 Panamera. Hubby puts in comfort mode. I drive in sport plus which drops it a couple inches and stiffens suspension. It handles exceptionally well for a large sedan. Love the hatchback and fold down seats. We can cart a lot of stuff similar to a wagon. Love the look of the current generation. Goes great in snow (AWD). 
 

My choice for wagon is BMW 3 series. Certainly not a performance car but handles great, is fantastic in snow (Michelin Alpin) and very versatile.   Also relatively small which has its advantages. 
 

I agree the AMG rides harsh, but where I live the roads are good so it's not a problem.  That's said I think it handles well for a large car. Relatively speaking  price wise it's a bargain compared to Panamera turbo s.  With the Renntech upgrade, it's super car fast. I love it's sledgehammer nature. Gas mileage is awful, I'm averaging 12 mpg. Mercedes should have fitted a larger gas tank.

My wife has had 3 BMW 3 series diesel wagons in a row, they are great cars.  Shame BMW stopped importing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sportwagon, all day long in that comparison. The tune ability as discussed is bonkers. It can give your golden retriever doggie-whiplash. The problem i have with the bull is that urus-q6-cayenne is to me as tahoe-suburban-yukon; soul-less platform cars with upbadging. I loved the urus up until the point i saw it next to its siblings and then i lost my Lamboner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...