Just Tuned my 488

FrankieFred

I just had my local shop tune my 488 on their Mustang Dyno. HOLY SHIT. Stock we put down 530, tuned (with stock exhaust) we hit 603 at the wheels. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been cooperating for the past two weeks, but I CAN'T WAIT to put her through the paces.

2ive7h1.jpg

152e0qa.jpg

unreal :eusa_dance:

with twins its a whole other ball game!

hell yea. They're telling me on a dynojet it would be somewhere in the 675 ballpark! with exhaust im hoping another 60@ the wheels maybe?

Would you lose your warranty?

my what? :icon_mrgreen: I have no idea honestly, I don't know that Ferrari would even know it was tuned.

my what? :icon_mrgreen: I have no idea honestly, I don't know that Ferrari would even know it was tuned.

Don't kid yourself, it records every time a scan tool is hooked up and they can plain as day see it's not a factory tune.

If they look, it's as obvious as spray painting trumps logo on the hood.

But fcuk it, enjoy the car and odds are this won't cause any detrimental problems anyway. :icon_thumleft:

Don't kid yourself, it records every time a scan tool is hooked up and they can plain as day see it's not a factory tune.

If they look, it's as obvious as spray painting trumps logo on the hood.

But fcuk it, enjoy the car and odds are this won't cause any detrimental problems anyway. :icon_thumleft:

they didn't do it through the OBD2 port, regardless, it can always be flashed back to stock if need be.

Does that dyno really show that much loss to the wheels? 20%? aren't those supposed to be 661 at the crank stock? So that new tune could essentially be around 750bhp?

Does that dyno really show that much loss to the wheels? 20%? aren't those supposed to be 661 at the crank stock? So that new tune could essentially be around 750bhp?

My understanding is that mustang Dyno's read the lowest. They said if it was on a dynojet it would he somewhere over 650 at the wheels.

My understanding is that mustang Dyno's read the lowest. They said if it was on a dynojet it would he somewhere over 650 at the wheels.

Sounds about right. A local Mustang Dyno a '13 GT500 made 530-540whp and a C7Zo6 made around the same. There is usually a 10-12% difference between most properly calibrated Mustang Dynos and a Dynojet.

Very strong numbers. I bet with an exhaust added this car will be even more of a monster.

Would love to see some acceleration videos!

Push the limits on the car! Congratulations.

thanks, sounds like a really short pull, what gear was that?

It's pretty anti-climactic

thanks, sounds like a really short pull, what gear was that?

5th gear, they took it to redline.. really needs exhaust.

There is no way to tell - just flash it back 5 -6 cycles and it's all gone.

Enjoy!

Unless Ferrari has done what Audi did, which is essentially a lock on the ECU, that once "broken" will always report as such. They scan Audis every time for service and diagnostics, and if they scanner reads that the ECU "lock" has been tampered with, your VIN is tagged OD1 or something like that requiring audi usa to sign off on any warranty repairs.

• 4 weeks later...

what is redline and why the big drop on the top end?

boom. This thing is a MONSTER. Downpipe and tune vs. Stock

2ap3kh.jpg