LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

Slowpoke not sure what you are smoking buddy, honestly you emailed me and I quote:

"I want you to tell me how I should make this (already very cool for my country at least) place to be THE coolest!"

if you think you can achieve that just by shuffling furniture around you are dreaming,

:iamwithstupid:

Takes a LOT of work buddy, from knocking down shit, putting up new shit like cabinets, bookshelfs, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures,paint, making the place look tight involves a lot more than one cool door and a few pieces of furniture. Thats why you need a pro(gay or otherwise). And don't even think about letting your gf help you, unless you really want to feminize your crib. The main goal is to make the space YOURS, but also to make a woman feel relaxed and sexy for the night/weekend(comfy couch, lighting, a good mattress and high thread count sheets are essential!), but not want to move in.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't even think about letting your gf help you, unless you really want to feminize your crib. The main goal is to make the space YOURS, but also to make a woman feel relaxed and sexy for the night/weekend(comfy couch, lighting, a good mattress and high thread count sheets are essential!), but not want to move in.

Haha... :icon_thumleft:

high thread count sheets are essential!

Ok I had no idea what you were talking about, my day went from bad to terrible in no time.

I've made the mistake of asking my wife what you were talking about, I ended up sitting in a 25 minutes lecture about it, now I know everything there is to know about Egyptian cotton and nearly had a epileptic seizure when I found out how

much she is spending on them :eusa_wall:

I have a new found respect for my bed sheets :lol2:

Takes a LOT of work buddy, from knocking down shit, putting up new shit like cabinets, bookshelfs, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures,paint, making the place look tight involves a lot more than one cool door and a few pieces of furniture. Thats why you need a pro(gay or otherwise). And don't even think about letting your gf help you, unless you really want to feminize your crib. The main goal is to make the space YOURS, but also to make a woman feel relaxed and sexy for the night/weekend(comfy couch, lighting, a good mattress and high thread count sheets are essential!), but not want to move in.

I know B, trust me, I know..

That's why I aksed you all for advice, for tips, pointers, no-no's and other stuff like that.. I actually do have a brain you know :thefinger:

The arsenal of people following me on Wednesday will hopefully make me take the right desicions, I'm haveing the semi-gay pro, the two hot chicks and the ugly chick, a Hi-Fi dude and also a techdude for lightning and shit like that, what and who am I missing?

I think I should pay for a planeticket and have Vroom come down here and teach me how to decorate a home and get laid, what do you say old man, are you up for it or all you all talk, LOL! :icon_butt: :thefinger:

Egyptian cotton... I have towels made of that. They are really nice, but eventually after so much usage they lose the feel.

Do you have anything positive to say? Is it sunny where you are? Are you breathing? Did you get laid last night? Do you have all your limbs? :eusa_think:

Do you have anything positive to say? Is it sunny where you are? Are you breathing? Did you get laid last night? Do you have all your limbs? :eusa_think:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

unless I can clean the orange juice off my keyboard you owe me a new one.

:lol2: :lol2:

On topic: Good luck with the new place Jirre! I'm sure it'll look fantastic when "done"! :icon_pidu:

Place looks cool slowpoke. The picture with the dark furniture appeals to me as it contrasts nicely with the lighter finishings. If it were my place I'd look at darker light fixtures, furnishings, accessories, to butch it up a bit. Otherwise you'll like as if you're living in a Calvin Klein Obsession ad.

nice place Jirre!!!

I'm extremely conservative in my home decor stuff! however my sister is one of the most well known interior designers in the country...

do you want her to have a look and maybe send you some links and contacts?

best

D.

:icon_thumleft:

Post of the year! :icon_pray:

:lol2: :lol2:

On topic: Good luck with the new place Jirre! I'm sure it'll look fantastic when "done"! :icon_pidu:

Thanks man! Also, I've seen your FB posts, lighten up, it will get better soon! :icon_thumleft:

Place looks cool slowpoke. The picture with the dark furniture appeals to me as it contrasts nicely with the lighter finishings. If it were my place I'd look at darker light fixtures, furnishings, accessories, to butch it up a bit. Otherwise you'll like as if you're living in a Calvin Klein Obsession ad.

Yes, I have been thinking of redoing the floor and take it a grade or two darker so I share your opinion :icon_thumleft: Only a day and a half left untill I can go up and check it out, I can't wait! :icon_thumleft:

nice place Jirre!!!

I'm extremely conservative in my home decor stuff! however my sister is one of the most well known interior designers in the country...

do you want her to have a look and maybe send you some links and contacts?

best

D.

Thanks buddy, of course I would like that! I will shoot you a message on FB right away! Thanks again! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks man! Also, I've seen your FB posts, lighten up, it will get better soon! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks J! Means alot! :)

Oh crap, how did I miss this thread? No expert or anything, however I do love the subjects of architecture, interior design, furniture, gardens, etc...I am actually studying a book on the history of furniture right now, and one on the history of American homes. And two books on gardens. That said, I also love my cars and trucks, and tools and guns, and all that too :)

Slowpoke, a good source for ideas on design is the magazine Architectural Digest

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics of our new house right before we moved in. We moved in a few months ago. I will post some pics of it decorated soon.

post-217-1288980554.jpg

post-217-1288980563.jpg

post-217-1288980571.jpg

post-217-1288980584.jpg

post-217-1288980595.jpg

post-217-1288980607.jpg

post-217-1288980609.jpg

post-217-1288980618.jpg

post-217-1288980633.jpg

post-217-1288980650.jpg

post-217-1288980660.jpg

post-217-1288980669.jpg

porter: great house. any more pix of the exterior?

Oops missed this. That's all I've got.

rhunt thanks for posting. You're going to need a lot of furniture :icon_thumleft:

Narrow 25' x 130', footprint roughly 1,000SF, 3,000SF total. The housing prices here are ridiculous...

can you quantify ridiculous for us? (i dont want to know how much your house is though, im not that rude LOL)

but is it as bad as here

where $1,000,000 buys you a dump in a middle class suburb?

PS: the rendering of the new house looks like it will be fabulous

Less than 6,000SF. But the design wasn't perfect. A much smaller home could have flowed more nicely. Won't make that mistake again :icon_thumleft:

Could you elaborate on this more? Ive been designing our future home, and Im worried about issues like this but Im not sure how to anticipate such problems.

I just moved into a new place. About 1300 sqft, second floor of an old mansion in the French Concession (Shanghai). It's been renovated nicely, still has all the original floors and windows. Huge terrace surrounded by trees. Lots of natural light from all the windows. Full furnished, so no comment on that, bit good enough in that respect. Only odd thing is the toilet placement with respect to the bathroom entrance.

Will post some pics later this week when I move everything. Pretty awesome place for about $2200/month.

can you quantify ridiculous for us? (i dont want to know how much your house is though, im not that rude LOL)

but is it as bad as here

where $1,000,000 buys you a dump in a middle class suburb?

PS: the rendering of the new house looks like it will be fabulous

Since posting the other thread on relative home prices around the world I cannot complain compared to Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, so forth. However here's Canada for you:

3,400SF two storey. 60 foot lot on a ridge with view of the mountains. More than half an hour to city centre, maybe more. $1,300,000.00.

3400_60_1.3.jpg

2,900SF two storey. 35 x 120 inner city lot. No view. Quite nice inside. $2,500,000.00.

2933_35_2.5.jpg

5,100SF two storey. Backs onto lake. 20 minutes to downtown. Fully renovated inside. $4,375,000.00.

5100_55_4.375.jpg

6,200 two storey. Just outside of city limits, at least 45 minutes to city centre. Built in 2002 on 2 acres. No view. $5,800,000.00.

6200_2_5.8.jpg

Could you elaborate on this more? Ive been designing our future home, and Im worried about issues like this but Im not sure how to anticipate such problems.

I've got an architect and designer for the new home. It's a husband wife team and I enjoy their work. They understand flow much better than me and do things that make sense.

For example in the old home that I posted there is a private deck. With the climate we have here there are four seasons with sometimes the longest being winter. The deck is enclosed with pony walls that are beautiful and private. Unfortunately it is impossible to clean. When winter leaves there is dirt that collects in there. How can it be washed out? There is nowhere for the water to go as the pony walls extend from the flooring. A smarter alternative would have been railing whereby debris could be swept under and away.

Another example was the access to the lower level. There were two access routes and both were unnecessarily longer than they should have been. I am all for details and interesting elevation changes however stairs for the sake of stairs doesn't make sense. The design could have flowed better there with elimination of a non loadbearing wall.

Also regarding elevation changes I've found that less is worse. There were some areas in the home where one small step would denote entrance to another room. I've found that in the dark one step is far more dangerous to deal with than several. Two would have been ideal.

There were also examples of areas where the recessed lighting did not make sense and areas where accent lighting should have been included. Locations of switches should be intuitive and if you find yourself flipping several on and off looking for the ones to light the desired area my opinion is that the design isn't perfect.

There were a couple areas where walls were unnecessary and chopped the rooms up. I like openness and find that large open spaces are more palatial yet still can retain a feeling of warmth when designed correctly. Tray/coffered ceilings, unexpected pendants and sconces for lighting if done correctly aid.

Those prices are current asking prices, or were those the last sold price from the MLS/whatever listing?

They are listing prices however our current market homes are selling within 4% of list. I would say these are representative.