LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

Ps.. I realize its a very personal style and the next owner will probably tear it all out.

Attached is the picture I gave the contractor for how I want the center island, wall mouldings and cabinets of the kitchen and family room.

image.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing house MODO. How much land is it on?

Thank you. It's on a little under 30k square feet, 45 is an acre.

Contractor just called on how we can fix the master bath .. His "improvements" were a steam shower (which it has) a sauna (fine there's room and I can use after a nite of heavy drinking ), and a bidet (I can think of more productive ways to get a pussy wet).

Maybe this needs it's own thread, mods let me know if I've derailed the thread.

Well some people have been asking me for pictures of current home, I know I have posted a few here or there on some threads, but here are some more in this thread.

post-6539-1356997202_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997218_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997225_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997231_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997238_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997254_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997259_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997264_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997275_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997280_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997379_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997389_thumb.jpg

post-6539-1356997394_thumb.jpg

Modo I love the inspiration boards! Your style is unique but very well put together! The kitchen looks great although I would do the center island a bit differently (but that is just my opinion!). Love the look regardless and who cares what the next owner things...the way it looks now vs your dreams didn't stop you from buying it and it won't stop the next person either.

I use to work in the Tile industry and I hated clients that would come in wanted a remodel but would be concerned about resale value. I would tell them (or their designers) time and again that the way it looked currently didn't stop them from buying it so why would the changes they make stop someone in the future.

If you are looking for a good Tile showroom to work with as well as a designer and an installer I can call up my old contacts and get their recommendations on who the best in the area is at this time. Just let me know!

VBOX! Way to hijack the thread back from Modo. Your house...no words. I want to live in your backyard. That is all.

VBOX very nice! I loved that gym you put in your home that you had posted some time ago when you first posted pictures of your home.

VBOX! Way to hijack the thread back from Modo. Your house...no words. I want to live in your backyard. That is all.

Wasnt trying to hijack anything. Thanks, the pool is awesome. its roughly 50 x 70 ft and nearly 12 ft deep at the deepest. It has an island that is about 15 x 20 ft in the middle of it with the spa on it. There is a boulder bridge you can walk across to reach the island from the side of the pool, as well as a boulder staircase in the water that you can walk up to get to it from the water.

VBOX very nice! I loved that gym you put in your home that you had posted some time ago when you first posted pictures of your home.

Thanks, but that was at my other house. I recently leased a 1500 sqft commercial space with 20ft ceilings that I will using to set up my equipment. Thats about double the amount of room I had before. It should be ready to go sometime in February.

Wasnt trying to hijack anything. Thanks, the pool is awesome. its roughly 50 x 70 ft and nearly 12 ft deep at the deepest. It has an island that is about 15 x 20 ft in the middle of it with the spa on it. There is a boulder bridge you can walk across to reach the island from the side of the pool, as well as a boulder staircase in the water that you can walk up to get to it from the water.

Just teasing you on the hijack. I love the dueling houses! The pool. I can't get over that island. It may be blasphemy to say this but that pool is way cooler then anything in the garage!

VBOX I've pictured you a more of a "modern" type of guy :icon_mrgreen:

Not my style but it certainly looks nice, enjoy it in very good health and happiness :icon_thumleft:

VBOX I've pictured you a more of a "modern" type of guy :icon_mrgreen:

Not my style but it certainly looks nice, enjoy it in very good health and happiness :icon_thumleft:

I am not really fan of modern. I prefer homes that have interest and character. I guarantee that if you came to my house and saw it in person, you would love it. It sits on 3 acres and is very inviting, functional, and comfortable. Its footprint is very spread out, and there's not all these weird finished out spaces you see in pretty much every large home.

My home is Old World Style, it has a lot of antiques incorporated into its construction. Think of it as a mix of old and new, and pretty much everything is custom and very high end. The front doors are over 200 years old and are from a European brownstone. The chandelier in the foyer is from before electricity was invented and has been electrified. The handles on the refrigerators are old locks from the old Nashville prison. The wood paneling in the Billiard room are from a judge's chambers from over a 100 years ago. The list goes on and on. Inside there is a lot of exposed brick, exposed stone, textured walls, copper, and wood beams and paneling. All of the columns are solid wood or stone (not PVC) and antiques from mexico, and there is a lot of very nice iron work throughout. The floors are all Brazilian Walnut hardwood, limestone or natural stone, and there is no carpet. The exterior of the house is wrapped in 10 inch thick Tennessee limestone, and there are turrets that make the home look a bit like a castle. The detail and craftsmanship is outstanding.

Vbox your on some next level shit, mortals need a cape and Alfred. Although not my style the attention to detail is uncanny.

I had the displeasure of having Brian (flying lap) swing by, and he concurs the previous owners were asshats.

VBOX, I love that you're house is a "step down" from your previous house and it's still fcuking amazing. Congrats. I love that style of home. Beautiful.

Thanks, but that was at my other house. I recently leased a 1500 sqft commercial space with 20ft ceilings that I will using to set up my equipment. Thats about double the amount of room I had before. It should be ready to go sometime in February.

So you basically are going to have a huge gym you go to all for yourself? (if so, pretty cool!). My taste is also in Old World-styled homes.

VBOX thank you very much for your in depth description, very cool details but my style is very different, my personality is very different, I feel claustrophobic, overwhelmed in a place like that, I like very clean modern streamline design, while I appreciate a house like yours and what goes into putting it together personally due to things I can not really control I do not feel comfortable in places like that.

Please don't take it the wrong way it's just the way I feel,I am sure the house I will design and build next I might never be able to sell :icon_mrgreen:

I am not home but when I get there I will post few examples of what I like.

I went and checked out MODO's AKA PERSIAN Kabob (I actually mean kebab)'s new house tonight and WOW what a view. For those that live in L.A. will truly appreciate and understand how rare it is to come across a view/property like this, just stunning. The house is beautiful, the view is mind blowing and the previous owner is a douche that had no idea what he had and now lost.

MODO and I plan on taking chain saws to the property tomorrow to start the remodel and tear down of view blocking trees.

Congrats on the new house MODO! :) Sounds like all the hassle you went through will be worth it in the end!

VBOXKING....as I told you once in a PM, I am in absolute AWE of your homes and lifestyle. As I sit here in my little cape cod in Northern NJ, I actually found my jaw dropping at your pictures (talk about motivation to work harder and get to a better life!). I cant imagine living in either of those homes, they are both straight out of a fantasy. YOU my friend are truly living the life!

Congrats again on all of your success. :) :icon_super:

VBOX, I love that you're house is a "step down" from your previous house and it's still fcuking amazing. Congrats. I love that style of home. Beautiful.

Hehe thanks. The house I am now is where I was lived prior ((I never sold it) to my previous home. I dont feel its a step down, its not as much total square footage, but the finishes are nicer.

So you basically are going to have a huge gym you go to all for yourself? (if so, pretty cool!). My taste is also in Old World-styled homes.

Yes, that is correct! My friends will come over and use it too, and my wife of course, but it will be a very nice private gym. I am really looking forward to it.

VBOX thank you very much for your in depth description, very cool details but my style is very different, my personality is very different, I feel claustrophobic, overwhelmed in a place like that, I like very clean modern streamline design, while I appreciate a house like yours and what goes into putting it together personally due to things I can not really control I do not feel comfortable in places like that.

Please don't take it the wrong way it's just the way I feel,I am sure the house I will design and build next I might never be able to sell :icon_mrgreen:

Yeah its very overwhelming because there is so much interest and detail. I can appreciate that you prefer a different style, we cant all like the same things!

Hehe thanks. The house I am now is where I was lived prior ((I never sold it) to my previous home. I dont feel its a step down, its not as much total square footage, but the finishes are nicer.

Aaron bravo, your attention to detail is perfect and beyond the norm. You knew exactly what you wanted and executed every single detail down to the slightest hair. From interior finishing’s to landscape design you nailed it. Congrats on a stunning house and property.

The clean contemporary design I like too, but I also love the Old World look. But I like this bedroom for example:

Bedroom-Furniture_Modern-Bedrooms_Moon-Bed-Black.jpg