LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

Love the furniture and the view. I'd get an outdoor carpet and call it a day. Cheap enough to throw out each season and start over again.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up some cheap patio furniture off Amazon last week and just got it today.

262306_758799493406_555419813_n.jpg

I want to do tiles on the floor but I don't think the HOA will let me. What are some alternatives that I could possibly do myself? Outdoor carpet? Some sort of spray on floor?

They sell wood squares you can piece together to make it look like a nice deck-type surface.

http://www.hardwoodhome.com/

Something like that might work. My main concern is all my edges are curved. Also it really needs to be really secure so it doesn't come lose during the heavy winds.

My first crib is coming together nicely. Will be interesting. I am use to the single life and about 1,200 sq feet. More importantly my 570 SL will be here end of this week!

Sprite, looks nice. Where in Atlanta are you? I have lived in Buckhead the last 4 years.

photo.JPG

Anyone else in Houston area? The real estate market is going nuts. I bought a new house over by Memorial Park a little over a year ago. It was brand new and the builder could not give the thing away. I just sold it for 25% more than I paid for it and did not make a single improvement to it.

Also if you want to buy a house in a desirable area you have to be able to make a decision on the spot. If you "think about it overnight", it will get taken. I had a new one I wanted but it was under contract, so I kept shopping. Then I noticed that one day the house I wanted went from "sold" to "for sale" so I took my realtor to go look at it again. Then we went to the builder to ask question. He informed us that a lady was coming in in 20 minutes that had to "think about it overnight" and was going to make an offer on it. I thought he might be bluffing to put the hard sell on me. I asked my realtor "think he's bluffing?", she said "Possible, but I doubt it". So I was like "she's 20 minutes too late, I'll take it". As I was signing papers, a lady outside the room starting screaming and cussing. It was obviously the lady who was coming in to make an offer was was informed she was too late. As I was leaving she was on the phone cussing at what I'm guessing was her husband and blaming him for waiting.

You snooze, you lose. You have to make a strong offer and make it quick around here.

Anyone else in Houston area? The real estate market is going nuts. I bought a new house over by Memorial Park a little over a year ago. It was brand new and the builder could not give the thing away. I just sold it for 25% more than I paid for it and did not make a single improvement to it.

Also if you want to buy a house in a desirable area you have to be able to make a decision on the spot. If you "think about it overnight", it will get taken. I had a new one I wanted but it was under contract, so I kept shopping. Then I noticed that one day the house I wanted went from "sold" to "for sale" so I took my realtor to go look at it again. Then we went to the builder to ask question. He informed us that a lady was coming in in 20 minutes that had to "think about it overnight" and was going to make an offer on it. I thought he might be bluffing to put the hard sell on me. I asked my realtor "think he's bluffing?", she said "Possible, but I doubt it". So I was like "she's 20 minutes too late, I'll take it". As I was signing papers, a lady outside the room starting screaming and cussing. It was obviously the lady who was coming in to make an offer was was informed she was too late. As I was leaving she was on the phone cussing at what I'm guessing was her husband and blaming him for waiting.

You snooze, you lose. You have to make a strong offer and make it quick around here.

Yea its getting much better in my area as well. Regular sale homes are lasting a couple days on the market and are getting at or over full price to close the deal. Almost want to sell mine and go rent until I find the right deal again and then start the process over again.

It is going crazy in Atlanta and I mean crazy! Hell prices on basements have gone up about 40%. We literally have 0 inventory out here and everything is a presale right now.

If you do find a resale you will find yourself bidding with 20 other people.

I am seeing some people circle back around to me that bought a home the last two years and making some serious money. One guy put $100 down and bought a HUD home for 70k. He sold it and made 45k.

Housing bubble 2. We just got a new house too. Old house hasn't sold yet though. Just a matter of time. Below 500k they last a day. Above a million is slow going.

It is going crazy in Atlanta and I mean crazy! Hell prices on basements have gone up about 40%. We literally have 0 inventory out here and everything is a presale right now.

If you do find a resale you will find yourself bidding with 20 other people.

I am seeing some people circle back around to me that bought a home the last two years and making some serious money. One guy put $100 down and bought a HUD home for 70k. He sold it and made 45k.

There was SOOOOOO much inventory after the bubble burst in ATL for DIRT cheap too. Like 4,500 sq. ft./6 bedroom houses with 3 car garage for $265,000. I thought about buying one for a while, but didnt want to overleverage with 2 other properties we owned at the time. Wish I did. Woulda Coulda Shoulda. lol

Yeah same here. I just sat back and watched. My buddy bought a town home in Buckhead for 225k. Hot tub on the roof, elevator and all. They are selling for 400k now.......

Picked up some cheap patio furniture off Amazon last week and just got it today.

262306_758799493406_555419813_n.jpg

I want to do tiles on the floor but I don't think the HOA will let me. What are some alternatives that I could possibly do myself? Outdoor carpet? Some sort of spray on floor?

Sprite, I am literally looking at your balcony out of my office window. Did you just drive your car out about 20 mins ago (black GT-R)? I am a stalker in the Sovereign building, haha.

Sprite, I am literally looking at your balcony out of my office window. Did you just drive your car out about 20 mins ago (black GT-R)? I am a stalker in the Sovereign building, haha.

Pics or it didn't happen! (If you are a good stalker you have photo proof) ;)

Pics or it didn't happen! (If you are a good stalker you have photo proof) ;)

Stalked hard.

photo_zps30bd4572.jpg

I was going for pics of the GT-R but pictures of his balcony work too. No doubt you def are a stalker!

You are going to fit in just fine here!

Dude, I'm looking into your office right now!

Yeah that was probably me! Love the Sovereign building.

Sprite, I like what you are wearing today. Much better than the outfit you wore yesterday.

:lol2: