LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatly enjoying this thread. Will help with some of the interior design going through these pictures!

Here is my new house. Although I've put a hold on things because I am getting rid of the gables and making it all glass. The house is by the beach and the gables looked great on paper but going back to the original plan of a contemporary home with a lot more glass. A lot more money to change it when its already framed and waiting for the timber trusses. On the 2nd floor if you are standing straight right now the entrance gable the detail that comes down from it blocks the view. Unfortunately puts my home on hold for 3 weeks!!

14,300 sq ft. 4 stories.

post-5498-1368066903_thumb.png

Greatly enjoying this thread. Will help with some of the interior design going through these pictures!

Here is my new house. Although I've put a hold on things because I am getting rid of the gables and making it all glass. The house is by the beach and the gables looked great on paper but going back to the original plan of a contemporary home with a lot more glass. A lot more money to change it when its already framed and waiting for the timber trusses. On the 2nd floor if you are standing straight right now the entrance gable the detail that comes down from it blocks the view. Unfortunately puts my home on hold for 3 weeks!!

14,300 sq ft. 4 stories.

Sweet! Faux-front those garage doors so they look like regular walls with windows! Something a little less than this:

Ricky - why four floors?

I'm only 32 but I fcuking hate stairs and residential elevators are more irritating than useful IMO. I could deal with the second floor, but chances are I would never see the third or fourth.

jhbchess - thanks for the idea. That's probably fairly big $$ to do that. I'm thinking about finishing the garage floors and some nice cabinets but nothing too crazy.

sprite - Thanks!

Ricky - why four floors?

I'm only 32 but I fcuking hate stairs and residential elevators are more irritating than useful IMO. I could deal with the second floor, but chances are I would never see the third or fourth.

Do understand what you mean but I kind of spread it all out. I'm turning 29 this year should be done, moved in before I hit 30. Wasn't really necessary for a fourth floor but basically just made everything bigger then it needs to be. Overall the house has 4 floors and a roof deck. City will not allow the elevator to go to the roof deck (They will allow for it to be half way up there so you kind of get out about 3 steps to the roof deck.)

Very top floor has the bedrooms (4). 2nd floor has the dining area, great room, family room, all with open ceilings to the top of the house. 3rd floor has a huge entrance with floating stairs going up and down to the 4th floor. 3rd also has the 6 car garage along with an open area that connects with the outdoor pool, sauna, kitchen that will all be able to open up. 4th floor will be the place to be. I've attached a copy of the layout. As to an accurate reason as to why? Don't quite have a reason why. Always feel like I am tight on space I hate that feeling. Also just felt like seeing what I can create and optimizing the lot that I have. I actually had neighbors upset at the size of the house to the point that it was in the local news, after this house they changed the bylaws and houses this size will not be approved. It fits in now just fine but when the backfill on the 4th floor was not done it did look massive lol.

2nd picture is what I am thinking about making the entrance look like. I am thinking about an iron door for the front so either iron handrails with glass instead of spindles OR iron handrails and spindles. Thoughts/opinions are appreciated!

post-5498-1368086380_thumb.png

post-5498-1368086395.jpg

Good lord! How big is your family? I mean that is nice as hell but I have no idea what I would do with that much space even if I was very wealthy.

Threads like this make me hate my life. Thanks.

You too can live in a big house. I hear Easy888 is looking for a maid. ;)

Do understand what you guys mean about the space. Afterall the 3rd floor is nothing but waste of space. I mean a huge chunk of it is taken up for garages (excellent) but the rest besides making the entrance grand has no real point. Yes there is a separate shower, bar area, sauna, etc for anyone that is using the outdoor pool but I doubt I'll ever use the outdoor pool or even that area. I just had to fill it with something. The view from that point is blocked off by huge retaining walls going outside. I want the 4th floor to have its own identity. The top 3 floors will have a very homely yet contemporary feel to it with light colors etc. The 4th floor will be a modern dark theme almost like batman's bat cave. My idea at this time is to make my theatre room look like this.

How quick I get the entire basement done really depends on how well I can follow budget. Luckily its my own home so I can take my sweet time.

PS...obsessed with batman my whole life so the entire 4th floor will have a what would bruce wayne want to hang out feel to it. The automation/low voltage stuff that will be going in this house should be quite interesting. Will keep you guys posted.

And if life treats me right, by the time its all said and done I may have to pick up a batmobile myself. Black aventador roadster with black and yellow inside.

post-5498-1368113143_thumb.jpg

Do understand what you guys mean about the space. Afterall the 3rd floor is nothing but waste of space. I mean a huge chunk of it is taken up for garages (excellent) but the rest besides making the entrance grand has no real point. Yes there is a separate shower, bar area, sauna, etc for anyone that is using the outdoor pool but I doubt I'll ever use the outdoor pool or even that area. I just had to fill it with something. The view from that point is blocked off by huge retaining walls going outside. I want the 4th floor to have its own identity. The top 3 floors will have a very homely yet contemporary feel to it with light colors etc. The 4th floor will be a modern dark theme almost like batman's bat cave. My idea at this time is to make my theatre room look like this.

How quick I get the entire basement done really depends on how well I can follow budget. Luckily its my own home so I can take my sweet time.

PS...obsessed with batman my whole life so the entire 4th floor will have a what would bruce wayne want to hang out feel to it. The automation/low voltage stuff that will be going in this house should be quite interesting. Will keep you guys posted.

haha LaTransgender's pants just got a lot shorter.

His pants are off and flying to srtricky right now. Better watch out!

He actually is taking the Bat-cycle:

Batman-running-on-street.gif

:icon_eek: That house is going to be epic! Good luck and I can't wait to see it complete. Do you have an estimated time for completion?

Why in the flying fcuk have you not told me I have a sidekick on the board srtricky!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!? We should team up, and be the heroes people deserve!!

We need a Batmanemoticon, some do it!

Oh wow, that house is absolutely amazing, I can't wait to see the full finished product! Enjoy it man, looks fcuking awesome!

And if life treats me right, by the time its all said and done I may have to pick up a batmobile myself. Black aventador roadster with black and yellow inside.

A couple of questions and since you are open to criticism I might provide a little.

1. What kind of automation system are you going with? Crestron, Control4, other?

2. For a 4 floor house it seems like 14,500 sq feet is kind of a small footprint, I would think you would be somewhere around the 20-22 range.

3. Spend the money on a commercial elevator, most home elevators are annoyingly slow.

4. Might want to look at a bigger garage or a detached garage. 6 seems kind of small.

Other than that place looks to be pretty amazing. Good Luck and have fun with the build process.

smiley_emoticons_batman_irre.gif

roxxi65.gif

I could only find these 2 batman emoticons

Perfect bro!

Could somebody make one of theese available in the forum? I think it should be called :latrans: :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is a copy of the preliminary drawings for the redesign. They have added some curved roofs and arranged the decks how I would like. The front door is going to be an iron 10ft door with glass all around it. From the 2nd floor you will now be able to see a view. Also on the top floor with the 3 windows added on the right hand side instead of timber trusses the view becomes unblocked.

What do you guys think? The architect feels this is what fits into the neighborhood without being too "wild"

I would really appreciate any insight on things that you guys feel I should change to make the house look better. Do not care if it sticks out a bit the 20 foot retaining walls have the house hidden off pretty well anyways.

http://db.tt/xIEAg9ag

post-5498-1369238900_thumb.png