LAMBOPOWER CRIBS MEGATHREAD!

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in crook county (cook) suburb of broke ass Chicago for every 1 million in home value they want 25k per year and since they spend more each year it will only go up. Hate to say it but I will be leaving.

• 3 months later...

Went through a 30,000 sqft giant today thats going up for auction. They listed it at 29M and it didnt sell,then they reduced it to 19M and it didnt sell so they are going to try a no reserve auction.

The property was beautiful and the mountain setting was stunning...the first floor interior was okay but then as you went through the rest of the house it was room after room of wasted space.

1500 sqft sitting rooms with two chairs in them etc..

Snapped a few pics,thought you guys would like to see.

PS. check out the painting of Joseph Smith hanging in the library. Wouldnt be a Utah home without a health dose of mormon guilt hanging above you as a reminder ;)

post-60315-1367189278_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189421_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189603_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189613_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189621_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189630_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189640_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189651_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189691_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189700_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189708_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189715_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189724_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189733_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189741.jpg

post-60315-1367189748_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189755_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1367189762_thumb.jpg

Great thread. Thanks for sharing the details and photos of your homes. I would probably never have the chance to see places like this otherwise.

I can appreciate the different styles - and especially attention to detail. All are inviting and beautiful. Congrats to all for achieving this level of success

Latest shot of my house since buying up the two apartments beneath me last year and re-doing the driveway (gate for driveway is being spec'd, re paved the drive and re-did the pillars. Still have to be granted planning permission by the City to drop the righthand side of the curb). Now i just need to save up £750k to convert it back into a single residence!

house.JPG

How did you like it Rob? Sorry not a fan.

The house was just cavernous and there were so many rooms added on that had no purpose. I didn't care for it at all.

The property was large and very pretty with streams and ponds.

Right after this I went through a 22,000 sqft home that was listed at 10M and it was much better built and the lay out made sense and all the rooms had a purpose. It was a much better estate, unfortunately I didn't snap as many pictures

10 million price reduction, incredible!

And it's going to sell for 10 less than that!

I bet it will go for 9-10m at this auction

The house was just cavernous and there were so many rooms added on that had no purpose. I didn't care for it at all.

The property was large and very pretty with streams and ponds.

Right after this I went through a 22,000 sqft home that was listed at 10M and it was much better built and the lay out made sense and all the rooms had a purpose. It was a much better estate, unfortunately I didn't snap as many pictures

And it's going to sell for 10 less than that!

I bet it will go for 9-10m at this auction

Lets pool our funds Rob!

Rob that feels very uninviting even in the photos but I love the scenery, the mountains in the background. I bet you guys have a few awesome mountain roads worth visiting :eusa_dance:

Rob that feels very uninviting even in the photos but I love the scenery, the mountains in the background. I bet you guys have a few awesome mountain roads worth visiting :eusa_dance:

Lots! I live right against the mountains and love hiking, driving and lots of skiing in those beauties!

Lots! I live right against the mountains and love hiking, driving and lots of skiing in those beauties!

I truly envy you, I love mountainous areas but I hate the snow and cold weather :(

I truly envy you, I love mountainous areas but I hate the snow and cold weather :(

Winter Home/Summer Home :icon_mrgreen: Thats what makes up half of my city-WINTER HOMEOWNERS :lol2:

A year ago I purchased my first home. My only criteria was that it had to have a Minneapolis zip code. I ended up about 3 miles south of the city which makes for a short commute to downtown. The home was built in 1900, Queen-Anne style, 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom, 2.5 story + basement, approx 2400 sq/ft above ground plus another 700 finished downstairs, and 600 up in the attic which I am currently converting to livable space. Original solid wood trim, original cast-iron fireplace, but updated kitchen and forced air heat and A/C. 2 car detached garage, and a small fenced yard.

It's a shack when compared to most on the forum, but it cost me about as much as a used Gallardo. There's no open layout and the styling may not be favored here but I'm too proud not to post it up.

This is the front of the house, you enter through the sun room which you can see on the left side.

856c042.jpg

ab5202f.jpg

137f173.jpg

83c6f46.jpg

5ddcb69.jpg

3eaacb3.jpg

a2aa742.jpg

61a25de.jpg

It has a ton of character. I like the wood work and that fireplace is pretty sweet. The parlor is a nice touch!

Very Nice EP. It looks inviting and comfortable, two things that I enjoy in a home.

EpDarks I love your home, looks very homely, not my style but it has lots of character and I appreciate that very much, it's 100 years old and it has history, it's not a new build which is trying to mimic/build in faux character and old styling.

I believe in keeping up with the times and progress, designing and building today for the future, allowing the design to become a classic on its own, kind of like the Miura and the Countach, when they were designed and built they weren't meant to mimic the Ford Model T, they were current and future but now they've became classics!

Your house is a Countach, it's a genuine classic with lots of character and anyone who looks at those details will always appreciate it for what it is, you should be very proud of yourself :icon_thumleft:

Picked up some cheap patio furniture off Amazon last week and just got it today.

262306_758799493406_555419813_n.jpg

I want to do tiles on the floor but I don't think the HOA will let me. What are some alternatives that I could possibly do myself? Outdoor carpet? Some sort of spray on floor?