Official Shitty Lamborghini Kit Car and Replica Thread

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh so you own 2 replica Diablos? give this man a multiple fake Lambo owners title.

I never said anything about owning 2 replica Diablos, you quote just shows how uneducated you must be! Try reading the quote again.

I bet his wife FAKES orgasm too...

By this you are insinuating that your wife fakes orgasms.....by using the word TOO? this may be the case for your wife!!

It's true what they say about BOYS and there toys because you guys have the toys BUT still are very much BOYS. One day you MAY grow up into MEN!! By insulting someone who doesn't follow your opinon is just immature.

Remember opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

Man, the words of wisdom you come up with are truly inspiring.. I can see now...why you own a replica.

I never said anything about owning 2 replica Diablos, you quote just shows how uneducated you must be! Try reading the quote again.

By this you are insinuating that your wife fakes orgasms.....by using the word TOO? this may be the case for your wife!!

It's true what they say about BOYS and there toys because you guys have the toys BUT still are very much BOYS. One day you MAY grow up into MEN!! By insulting someone who doesn't follow your opinon is just immature.

So, I found this quote from you.

Because I stated the obvious!! I am not a snob, just because I have a real Lambo!

I request pics of your "real" Lambo

you should read it out aloud to yourself.

and btw i was being sarcastic when i called you a man, sorry to confuse you.

i do not say that a kit kar is bad build, but it is a replica, it is not the real one, just a copy.

It should be prohibited copy such a masterpiece, exactly as it's prohibited to copy a Rolex Daytona wristwatch: like the fake Rolex, these Lambo copies should be destroyed.

I'm sorry, but if you want a Countach or a Diablo, you should buy a Countach or a Diablo.

I agree with those who say "Replicas can be built just to be destroyed on a film set".

The original car was something that asthonished the world when was new: replica does not.

so would a replicar with a real lamborghini engine be acceptable? Just throwing it out there...lol..

Interesting yes. Cant find the link, but a while back, I saw this site where a Countach kit owner desided to have a Ct as he wanted it, and hopefully better. A racecar compamy built a frame copied from the real Countach and just made the changes needed to drop a Diablo engine in it. Suspension and brakes would be pure race stuff. Car will probably be better than the real thing, go faster, and sound as a Lambo is supposed to. I am close to say I would acsept this if it is finnished to a real high standard. All the real crappy built cars that really does not resemble the real thing we will not talk about.

AND, can it have something to say that this is a Lamborghini-forum that makes it so dangerous to talk replicas? Well, a kit can be so many things, but a replica, as I understand the word is to replicate something, and than I guess it should replicate it as close as possible in both construction and engine and materials used. Few or none Lambo replicas are that, but if none replicas was to be accsepted, then those out there running a fiberglass Ford 1932-34 hot rod should be ashamed. They are far superior in most ways to the real deal oldtimers, but who cares. Those can be had relatively cheap, but still they are "REPICAS". What about all the GT40's? Burn them too!!!? Cobras? Ferrari P4's as Nick mentioned? All are replicas, arent they? In a previous tread on the subject, some said that the only way they would accsept a replica was if they was so expencive (the real car) they was out of their economically leag, and hard to find. And quite some agreed on that. Here I can guess that it was thought about cars like the P4 and its like. For many a real Lambo is so far out of reach that they doesnt even care to think of a real one, and goes for what they considder the next best thong. Many of those might be bigger Lamborghini enthusiast than many on this forum, but meeting this kind of treads might scare them away.

Many here can aford what car they want, and just for the fun of it, can pick up Veyron if they want. BUT, what if the same person would fancy a ferrari 250 GTO? You wont find it on eBay, and maybe no other place. And if no one will sell it to you, you might pick up a lesser 250 or maybe a 330 GTC and have it professionaly converted to a GTO that is indistinguishable from the real one. Is that a OK replica? Or are we upping a nothc to a bigger leag where we accsept it but the ovners of real GTO's spit on us?

Or is this car (GTO) so great that it deserves more to be left alone than say the GT40?

Ferrari250GTOGarnierFavre.jpg

honestly I don't care what other people do if building replicas makes them happy so be it but replicating something that others have worked hard on and became famous for is just uninspiring, dumb and dull, kind of like the kids (dumb/lazy

whatever you want to call them) that weren't capable of doing their own homework begging you to let them copy yours so they don't get into trouble with the teachers or their parents, finally after becoming exhausted listening to them

whining about it you relent and hand it over to them, needless to say in their quest of making it "better" or different so in essence it's similar with yours but different enough that they will not get into trouble over it they end up screwing

everything up.

Do you think that once school's finished those kids vanished off the face of the planet? these kids are all grownup now, their ways haven't changed, always looking for a shortcut. The reason why I don't care about them anymore is because

now I can chose whom I am associating myself with, what a relief :)

In my opinion the kit car builders are, uninspired, unoriginal, can not think for themselves, delusional, have no shame and on top of everything extremely lazy, I don't care how much they work on their rust buckets.

I will say it again, I do not care how many Lambo replicas they make, whomever will appreciate a replica over the real deal belongs in the same category as above and in all honesty we will never be able to do anything about them.

It has nothing to do with which car is better, the real or the fake, a fake Rolex could potentially keep better time than the real thing, is that really what you are buying when you go for a genuine Rolex, a perfect time keeping object?

sure, accurate time keeping plays a part but that isn't everything you are buying, whatever else entices you into buying the genuine article is the essence that a replica will always lack, ALWAYS!

Lambolp400s there is a clear distinction between copying a mass produced object or copying a unique unobtainable one, those replicas when performed by artists of the industry in my opinion pay tribute by honouring the

legend, in the car world the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe is one that springs to mind, the one that Shelby took to Le Mans in 64 to show Enzo who's boss.

......... whomever will appreciate a replica over the real deal ......

Lambolp400s there is a clear distinction between copying a mass produced object or copying a unique unobtainable one, those replicas when performed by artists of the industry in my opinion pay tribute by honouring the legend, in the car world the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe is one that springs to mind, the one that Shelby took to Le Mans in 64 to show Enzo who's boss.

Well, I agree on the latter, but that makes the "standard" GT40's and Cobras "lazy peoples cars". As for the GTO pictured, NO ONE here on this forum can tell that this is not the real deal. It's a Favre /Garnier GTO. They are so good that many of them is owned by the real GTO owners, so they have one to collect, and one to use:)

That anyone appreciate a copy over the real deal, I cant belive happens. But If you are to big to fit in or any other excuse to have a CT, and you build what you MUST to be able to I can see why. So, if there is no other way, should you give up your dream, or get as close to it as possible, or buy a Porsche? ;)

Haven't I had my share of useless controversial threads in the last few days?

I come here for the entertainment not to save the planet. :lol2:

Here we go again.

lambolp400s I appreciate originality so yes that makes all kit car builders lazy and uninspiring.

You talked about the GTO and how similar the copy is to the original and how NO ONE on this board would be able to tell the difference, yes, your assumptions might be correct but you know it's fake!

How you would handle the "Is this a replica?" question, that didn't come out right did it? :lol2:

I guess you would just say "Yes it is!" :icon_thumleft:

I might go to China next month and place an order for a dozen Faberge eggs, plaster them all over my house, I bet none of my friends will be able to spot they're fake.

Interesting yes. Cant find the link, but a while back, I saw this site where a Countach kit owner desided to have a Ct as he wanted it, and hopefully better. A racecar compamy built a frame copied from the real Countach and just made the changes needed to drop a Diablo engine in it. Suspension and brakes would be pure race stuff. Car will probably be better than the real thing, go faster, and sound as a Lambo is supposed to. I am close to say I would acsept this if it is finnished to a real high standard. All the real crappy built cars that really does not resemble the real thing we will not talk about.

Many here can aford what car they want, and just for the fun of it, can pick up Veyron if they want. BUT, what if the same person would fancy a ferrari 250 GTO? You wont find it on eBay, and maybe no other place. And if no one will sell it to you, you might pick up a lesser 250 or maybe a 330 GTC and have it professionaly converted to a GTO that is indistinguishable from the real one. Is that a OK replica? Or are we upping a nothc to a bigger leag where we accsept it but the ovners of real GTO's spit on us?

Or is this car (GTO) so great that it deserves more to be left alone than say the GT40?

Any pics or more info on the replica Countach with a Diablo engine??

I could be way off here as I don't follow any replica scene but from what I've gathered a proper GTO replica will have a Ferrari V12 and other mechanicals, and a proper replica GT40 has a Ford V8 and racing suspension like the original or updated to newer spec, similar again for the Cobra scene. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is it normal for a GTO replica to have a BMW 5.0 litre V12??

A replica has to be at least as good as the original. A replica is a true tribute to the original car and maybe even improve it with newer or better performing preferably original parts. I don't go looking but I have not seen or heard of any such replica Lamborghini cars. If anyone has info and pics of an example it would be very interesting to see. Every "replica" Lambo I have seen in real life or in pics is a cheap embarrassing immitation, never a faithful quality reproduction.

Found this photo of the frame, but can't find the website to the builder. Will this possibly be a replica that can be accsepted among the lines of the finer Ferrari-copys out there?

39cc_1.jpg

Eh, the point of having an original is simply for the sake of having the original. It's psychological more than anything. Oh, and it's also about money for some.

There are replicas that I would drive and some that I wouldn't. For me to drive a replica, it would have to be very exact in terms of appearance, at least as good as the original mechanically and performance wise, and at a substantial savings if the original is that expensive. I don't mind it being better than the original, but I do mind it being worse just because there is no excuse for it to be technologically inferior. Most important though is definitely looks, and if I can't see it, I don't care about it.

In almost all cases, the replica need stems from cost of obtaining the original. I don't have millions of dollars to spend on a vintage Ferrari. I don't even I don't even think they are worth anything near those prices. History, rarity, original paint, original metal... meaningless things to me. Anything intangible is worthless to me and even a lot of the tangibles are too. If they look the same, a screw is a screw, wheel is a wheel, tach is a tach. Suspension is not suspension and an engine is not an engine, but because I'm not old enough to have any attachment or experience with cars old enough to warrant replicas, the originality of the sensory bits are far less importance. If they are reasonably priced, sure. But if If I don't know what the original should be like, how can I really say that I mind that the replica isn't it? There's no reference. You could put a 1960's engine or a 1950's engine and I wouldn't know the difference. Both are old and crappy, so who am I to say which is a better experience?

Everyone is different in what they want from a replica. Some want the look, others want the engine sound. But there is no guarantee that the original experience is a good one or a better one. It is what it is. I mean, I'd like to live in a medieval farm house in Tuscana, but I wouldn't like to live in the original one. I like plumbing, electricity, heating, and lots of other things.

AMG not to long ago took 6 of the 300 SL Gullwing originals and completely revamped them with modern everything. I don't think too many people would look down on one of these. However, they also cost $1MM.

http://www.supercars.net/cars/4616.html

1996_MercedesBenz_300SLAMG1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I have a Lamborghini Murcielago Replica body on a stretched Pontiac Fiero frame (tube frame and chassis modeled off of the original Fiero). It's sporting a GM 3800 Supercharged, Twin Turbo'd series 2 engine. Has the original GETRAG (rebuilt for heavy duty racing) transmission and racing clutch. It's just shy of 600HP.

Anyone else out there running a similar set up?

Let's chat :)

Hey there,

I have a Lamborghini Murcielago Replica body on a stretched Pontiac Fiero frame (tube frame and chassis modeled off of the original Fiero). It's sporting a GM 3800 Supercharged, Twin Turbo'd series 2 engine. Has the original GETRAG (rebuilt for heavy duty racing) transmission and racing clutch. It's just shy of 600HP.

Anyone else out there running a similar set up?

Let's chat :)

You'll find a tough crowd in here. Try www.madmechanics.com or www.kitcentral.com.

Tom

I am waiting for someone to build a Fiero on a donor Lamborghini.