Who wants an LP560 front bumper?

Allan-Herbie

I heard the guy driving that car is a waiter at Chuckee Cheese :eusa_dance:

:thefinger: I heard the guy that makes those bumpers is a bus boy at cracker barrel :lol2:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say that is my fav pic so far with the new front end :monkeyleft:

It is a beautiful photo.

Now can someone please take a photo like that for my car?

It is a beautiful photo.

Now can someone please take a photo like that for my car?

Buy me a ticket from Sweden to Singapore and I'll take stunning photos of your G... :icon_mrgreen:

Installed pictures. I used the original LP560 mesh as I find those that came with it is too thin and too flat. Bumpers fits nicely except the part between the bonnet and bumper which I find the gap a little too wide compared to those I see on LP560. Maximium adjustment has been made to close the gap.

LWH_8461.jpg

LWH_8464.jpg

LWH_8457.jpg

LWH_8452.jpg

Bumpers fits nicely except the part between the bonnet and bumper which I find the gap a little too wide compared to those I see on LP560. Maximium adjustment has been made to close the gap.

I've seen this on several cars, it looks like the hood is open.

Looks great, I see what you mean about the gap. This seems to vary from car to car. Keep in mind, you can adjust the gap multiple ways.. there is the traditional bump stop that most people adjust but you can also adjust the hood using the upper portion where the hood connects to the gas struts that lift the hood to adjust it down a bit more as well.

Looks great, I see what you mean about the gap. This seems to vary from car to car. Keep in mind, you can adjust the gap multiple ways.. there is the traditional bump stop that most people adjust but you can also adjust the hood using the upper portion where the hood connects to the gas struts that lift the hood to adjust it down a bit more as well.

I get what you meant, as the bumper is already at it's max, the only way is to bring the hood down towards the bumper. However that will involve repainting of the bolts on the gas strut brackets etc.

Forget the gap - what about that WARPING? Looks like it's off by a quarter of an inch.

Should have kept the stock bumper on this one - at-least it fit correctly.

post_12255_1241987313.jpg

The bumper, as it comes, is wavy and has a lot of dimples that need to be sanded out.

I have seen this bumper. Saying it is wavy and has a lot of dimples about it is like saying a trillion dollars is alot of money.

That bumper needs ALOT of work to be appropriate on a Lamborghini, or any car that one cares about for that matter.

I would suggest taking the car to a good local qulified bodyshop for proper fitment

Well that line right there says it all. If a person with a Lamborghini is too cheap to have it professionally-installed, well - you can see the result 3 posts up.

With regard to the quality vs. OEM - I have seen the OE Lamborghini parts and yes, I unfortunately have to agree. Now, compared with a more mass-produced bumper - well they're BOTH rough.

The bottom line is that everyone that got there bumper installed by a good body shop HAS NO PROBLEMS........its common sense if everyone elses bumper fits perfect and yours does not....its not becuase you got a different bumper its just that your shop cant install and prep it properlly......throw some money behind it and bring it to a quality shop...

The bottom line is that everyone that got there bumper installed by a good body shop HAS NO PROBLEMS........its common sense if everyone elses bumper fits perfect and yours does not....its not becuase you got a different bumper its just that your shop cant install and prep it properlly......throw some money behind it and bring it to a quality shop...

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

The bottom line is that if thats the car that I think it is, its had front end damage therefore negating all the poor fitment arguements.

As far as the hood line gap is concerned.. samething here, We have installed appx 10 of these bumpers at Diamante auto collision in Miami and not one has had the issue. Several other clients who have had the bumpers installed at professional body shops have also had a perfect fit. There are several adjustments that may have to be made to get the bumper to align with some of the panels (but this would be the case regardless of the type of bumper being installed) seems that the cars that are having the issue are self installs.. I would suggest taking the car to a good local qulified bodyshop for proper fitment

Hershel I would agree that the bumper is a good enough fit for most people but for a meticulous guy like me, I would say that it is not perfect! I was personally involved in alignment with one of the best body shop here and the bumper was adjusted to the max (without adjustment to the hood). The current gap is around 7-8 mm which is approx 2 to 3mm off a standard LP560. I have carefully examined the pictures posted by others and the gap visually seemed similar to mine. It is easy to say that you have installed 10 bumpers with no issues, has the gap being measured and compared side to side with a standard LP560? Honestly for some owners, they would not even have noticed. It is unfair for others to say that your bumper is a poor fit but it is not as perfect as I want it to be.

However I must commend you for a very good job as I am sure you have put many smiles to many proud gallardo owners and I being one of them. :icon_super:

Well said, I was in the auto body industry for many years and I have found that there is no such thing as a "bolt on" body part. This really isn't RSC's fault, every car is different and body parts fit differently on every car. You own a fuc#!ng Lamborghini, you shouldn't be afraid of throwing some money at a body shop to get the bumper to look perfect.

However I must commend you for a very good job as I am sure you have put many smiles to many proud gallardo owners and I being one of them. :icon_super:

I too commend Hersch for a job well done, I just think that the term "perfect" shouldn't be used loosely.