Got a 2009 Desk Diary from Lamborghini Club America

Richard Wallace

Got the 2009 Lamborghini Club of America Desk Diary 2009.

A.) I did not know I officially joined the LCA. Go to events on occasion, have had 2 new Lambos (over the past 4 years). Maybe all owners get it?

B.) However, I have never got one before

C.) Really nicely done overall - very high quality

How did I get this thing? Anyone else out there get it?

It is really nice quality and has some cool content. Nice writeup and photos on the 350GTV, and 400 GT, Balboni, and the Reventon - and lots of advertisements...

Rich

I belong to LCOA and did not get one so you are very special! Their stupid magazine is a waste of time to read, mostly advertising and not one single tech tip or track tech info...

I belong to LCOA and did not get one so you are very special! Their stupid magazine is a waste of time to read, mostly advertising and not one single tech tip or track tech info...

If you belong to the club, you'll definitely get one.

Sorry to hear you think the magazine is stupid. Have you communicated with the editors about the content and your concerns of the quality?

If you're trying to be constructive and positive emailing the editor and even extending a helpful hand would be much more appreciated and productive than just calling it stupid.

Sent my 2009 dues in a few weeks back and have not yet received the 2009 calendar, but I look forward to doing so. I thought the pix from the 2008 calendar were fantastic.

Definitely agree with Hovik, as above. I gotta think that Andrew and the other editors/contributors of the magazine are primarily doing so with their own time and expenses. I would imagine that they would welcome any well written contributions.

I received mine yesterday. i think if you ever brought your lambo in for service you are added to the list.

but i agree, very nicely done... i have it on my coffee table :icon_super:

Correction:

I also get the Magazine - so I guess I am a member (that didn't pay dues or remember paying dues). I didn't put the two together - but I do see that La Vita Lamborghihi is a LCA thing as well.

I like the magazine as well. For people doing it part time, not bad at all. Plus Andrew works really hard and is a great enthusiast! If you have bad comments - send him some comments, I am sure he will take them in the spirit of making it better or adding some tech sections.

Correction:

I also get the Magazine - so I guess I am a member (that didn't pay dues or remember paying dues). I didn't put the two together - but I do see that La Vita Lamborghihi is a LCA thing as well.

I like the magazine as well. For people doing it part time, not bad at all. Plus Andrew works really hard and is a great enthusiast! If you have bad comments - send him some comments, I am sure he will take them in the spirit of making it better or adding some tech sections.

He commented earlier to me about trying to implement a tech corner, I'm sure if any tech savvy members were willing to help he'd take the assistance, considering the such small staff he runs off of.

Perhaps I will send on some comments to the editor, thanks for the suggestion. I belong to several other owner groups as well, and they typically put out something more than a lot of an event, product, advertising magazine. Im not taking away from the work that goes into producing it, the magazines are well produced..

I remember the Rolls-Royce desk calender. They wanted $15,000 FIRM for a half page ad back in 2002. Laughable, since as a Rolls-Royce owner, I dont even get one of their desk calendars. We never could figure out who actually was going to receive them or the quantity in which they printed them. Funny stuff.

Here is what it looks like inside if any of you want to take a look.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/d80dc42e#/d80dc42e/1

is this right - the diary doesn't start until page 89?? And damn that is a lot of ads, but hey the the articles look great and you gotta get paid for somewhere.

Any way to get one, Hovik could you get some more of these babies?

Here is what it looks like inside if any of you want to take a look.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/d80dc42e#/d80dc42e/1

is this right - the diary doesn't start until page 89?? And damn that is a lot of ads, but hey the the articles look great and you gotta get paid for somewhere.

Any way to get one, Hovik could you get some more of these babies?

Page 16 is the start with the history and cool stuff, page 89 is the calendar part.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Got mine about a week ago....very well done desk calender.

I also get their magazine which I think is a very well done "club"magazine. I use their sponsors Evans Automotive and Lambo stuff .

I will disagree with the fellow poster who thinks it's "stupid". The Lambo club and owners in general is so small, I bet these guys Andrew Romanowaski and Hovik put a lot personal un-thanked time in....it's not like the porsche club with 50,000 members with a paid staff and permanent offices.

Good job guys!

....who needs technical tips?

....come to Lambo Power ! :)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice !

I dont know how I missed this thread!I guess I need to get on LP more! :)

Speaking to most of the LP community, thanks for the support of the club and La Vita Lamborghini!

Shamile, very well put, thank you very much. The club is small (like our community), but thanks to the support of many of you, it is growing and certainly improving.

Who recieved these desk books? People on the Lamborghini Club mailing list (this was not a Lamborghini Automobili project), which is broken down here:

1. Those who are current paid members.

2. Those who had a membership purchased for them by their Dealer or Service Shop. (many La Vita Lamborghini sponsors do this for their Lamborghini customers)

3. Those who have recently contributed something to the club. (these copies are on my dime)

*If you are any of the 3 above and did not get a copy, please contact me and one will be sent asap.

Norcal2, sounds like you are in group #1. If your copy has still not arrived, please contact me asap, and I'll sent one priority mail today. I apologize for the error.

Now the second part of your post, "Their stupid magazine is a waste of time to read, mostly advertising and not one single tech tip or track tech info... "

I am open for and welcome new content, and ideas for new content, by all means send it my way. (However, your insult is fairly ridiculous) Like LamboPower, it brings a lot of diverse content about what is going on in the Lamborghini world... and a glimpse at what owners are up to. And like anything.. it requires money to operate, hence the advertisers. (by the way, most usually means more than 50%) On that point, most of the advertisers go above and beyond for the community... For example, Lamborghini Troy owns page 2&3 in the mag... anyone who knows Richard &L-Troy knows what he has done for us. (drives, exclusive event invites, vip treatment at the detroit auto show, etc etc) Meaning, many of the companies carry value, not the idea of spamming you where ever they can. (same can be said about many of the LP advertisers!!)

For example, the last issue of La Vita contained the following articles:

-The Pebble Beach Concour's feature of Lamborghini. (including interesting history about Ferruccio during his last years)

-Concorso Italiano

-Russo&Steele and the auction results of the Italian cars through that auction

-Allan's TT Gallardo!!!

-Estoque at the Paris Motor Show

-The Lamborghini Palm Beach Grand Opening

-Bulls from Brazil (how often do you get to read about Lambo racing???)

-The Italian Gathering in Ohio (setting records for Midwest Lambo attendance)

-The Seatle Italian Concours

-Exotic Car Gathering in Chicago

-and.. Lamborghini News.. New Logistic Center & Pre-Owned Program

Anyone else think the above topics are a waste of time to read?

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine today - the production quality is superb and noticeable right away - the front cover done really well.

Things I particularly enjoyed:

The origins of lambo names and the explanation of the bull fighting history/relevance to the marquee were very insightful. Good story to tell friends or girlfriends about how a bull named Murcielago ended up as the logo.

Liked the piece on Balboni, really shows his dedication/passion for lambos.

Pebble beach- nice pictures and coverage. Raptor and the p140 was something cool I've never seen before.

Stories of the 350GTV and 400GT

Yeah they are some ads, but most are relevant/well made so did not mind them

Overall an excellent job both on the desk calendar and the magazine, I applaud all the guys who are working to share new lambo content and further unite Lamborghini enthusiasts all over the world.

:icon_thumleft: