FS: 2008 LP640 Balloon White - Sale or Sublease

ShankLG

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea that subleasing was illegal. Likely against the civil contract with a bank, sure. But illegal, as in go to jail?

I had no idea that subleasing was illegal. Likely against the civil contract with a bank, sure. But illegal, as in go to jail?

I would have never thought so either, and I'm guessing most times it wouldn't go that far. But it's just another line item for the DA to stack against him when it's convenient.

I heard he did get his front teeth knocked out!

Seriously?

I heard he did get his front teeth knocked out!

From his pic it might be an improvement... :eusa_dance:

From his pic it might be an improvement... :eusa_dance:

Maybe if they caught the nose too, the swelling would move the eyes to a normal position!

• 3 months later...
If only you guys knew the whole story... :lol2:

So start typing... You don't come on with a statement like that and not say anything!

Cute. Enlighten us or GTFO. :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft:

that or GTFO thing is really picking up eh?

Cute. Enlighten us or GTFO. :icon_thumleft:

Once upon a time there was a guy named Ryan who decided he was going to sublease his vehicles to third parties without the knowledge of the dealerships he got the cars from. The G Spyder was in Texas for a while before coming back to S. Florida and who knows where the Murci was. At one point about February 2009, both cars were back in S. Florida. Then he gave the Murci to Elite car rentals in Miami, again without the dealerships knowledge or approval.

Afterwords, they staged 2 separate accidents with the Murci. You guys may remember hearing about the first one August of last year in South Beach. I don't know where the second took place. Fast forward to this year; Ryan and I go to the police department to talk to the detective and the guy slaps handcuffs on him. He wasn't involved in the staging of the accident, but the guys who were are locked up for mortgage and insurance fraud. Evidently they've been staging accidents on luxury cars all over Miami for a while so the investigator took Shankar in for questioning and he stayed there for 8 days.

The insurance company is afraid to cut this guy a check because they're not sure of whether or not he was involved in the scam and don't want to be out 90k. I can say that he WAS NOT involved. HOWEVER, when it comes to illegally subleasing the S65, Balloon White G Spyder and the Balloon White LP640, he did do those things.

The story on the S65 goes that Ryan subleased the car to some guy in Cali. That guy then subleased it out to someone else. Ryan then contracts a company called ICU, Inc to recover the car. ICU then charges him 31k for a skip tracing fee. Ryan refuses to pay and ICU holds on to the Mercedes. The car was then sold at auction and bought by Manhattan Motorcars (if not them some Manhattan car company).

Also, he tried to scam someone on the Callisto wheels for the G that he had. Evidently someone sent him some money via Paypal and Shankar decides he's not going to send the dude back. During which time he was here in Miami with a phone and could have easily logged into Paypal to wire back the guys money. He said that he had an issue with his Bank of America account and I CAN VERIFY this because at that time, his accounts were frozen due to his moving the accounts and his offices. So that was true. However, he could have sent the guy back his money at any time. I was supposed to take pictures of the wheels for him, which I did.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42075

But the entire process was complete bullshit. Ryan didn't have to put the guy into that position and scam him of his money. So to him, I sincerely apologize for Ryans fucked up business tactics.

I'm saying all this so that people can be aware that this guy is shady. He has lied to me and countless others and has a known reputation for scamming which is something that I foolishly tended to undermine. I thought he was a friend of mine especially since I tried to be the best friend that I could be to him, but it turns out that Ryan only cares about the bank account of his "friends" rather than character and content. And that's exactly why he keeps getting into trouble with these cars. Because he trusts people when they can show him thousands of dollars for down payments and what kind of cars they drive. He's a liar, bigot and scammer.

Are you sure about that not knowing about the staging of the accident part?

I'm pretty sure because he didn't seem to know that and found out around the same time it was posted all over the forums.

If you're not 100% sure then it's better not to speculate.

True. The only reason I say this is because had he been in on them staging accidents, he would have known that they were going to try to steal the 09 750 that they traded him for the Gallardo. He didn't seem to know that either, but then again he lies so who really knows. All I know is that he sincerely seemed to not know these things. In any event, you're right.

Ryan and I go to the police department to talk to the detective and the guy slaps handcuffs on him.

No, you guys went to the PD at which time Ryan was mirandized then formally interviewed by the detective.

I can say that he WAS NOT involved.

Then what you claim to "know" completely contradicts the confession that he gave the police.

No, you guys went to the PD at which time Ryan was mirandized then formally interviewed by the detective.

Then what you claim to "know" completely contradicts the confession that he gave the police.

Well, I didn't know he gave a confession. Especially since 8 days later he's out of jail, charges dropped and hasn't gone back since. But thanks for correcting me. Just telling the story from my perspective.