TT G #1 is broken, what should I do?

ben

I'll try to address each concern here:

1.) Warranty -- It has none and expects none from it. I fully expect to pay to fix whatever's broken unless its related to its most recent work Jason did on the car before shipping it to me.

2.) Its been two months. Two months to have a car sit and not do anything. If Jason said "Ship me the car that's your only option" -- the car would have been there by now. Instead, Jason told me he would find a shop in Vegas to fix it. After two or three weeks of no updates from him he wants it shipped to Arizona. I agreed to ship it to AZ at my expense. So far nobody has done anything since then and now we're at the two month mark.

It isnt a matter of me "expecting" service, its a matter of being told that its in the works and nothing happening.

Its been over two months, I just want a working car. I'd rather see suggestions on HOW to FIX the problems instead. Shop suggestions, ways to diagnose it, possible causes of the problem, anything other than argumentitive replies!

Karma ? :eusa_think:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you the one that gave it the tricolor paint job?

No that was crazy1, the guy who bought it from Wayne. I believe Rob was getting it wraped matte black, or getting a repaint.

After two or three weeks of no updates from him he wants it shipped to Arizona. I agreed to ship it to AZ at my expense. So far nobody has done anything since then and now we're at the two month mark.

Okay, so why didn't you ship it to AZ? What am I missing here?

Ben,

i have a shipper that lives here in AZ that has moved my cars for me several times as well as allan's cars. I can put you in touch with him if you need to get the car down here ASAP. I'm sure he can pick it up within a week of calling him and he runs a 2 place enclosed trailer.

It seems to me that public internet forums have become some sort of blackmail tool for anyone looking to take advantage of a specific situation.

Ben,

This discussion does not belong here and nor should it be. It is not my intent to defend Jason as he is fully capable of taking care of himself. You say you are not looking to bash him but imo the reason you made your post is to apply some sort of pressure to resolve your car's problem.

I am sure there are some details that have not made it to your post as there is always more to a story.

The bottom line is if you wanted work done on your car you should have shipped it to his shop . It is unreasonable to expect Jason to fly half-way across the US to diagnose a problem on a car that left his shop 3 or 4 years ago.

put on the truck and ship it to jason or me(sp-engineering),lets see what we can do,its not tunners job fly out to you and look at your car.

thanks

alex

Bloody Hell Ben, was this really necessary?

As to any kind of warranty, that's actually pretty comical in hind sight, obviously he never expected any kind of warranty, unless it was an extended warranty purchased from this company?

http://www.fldfs.com/Receiver/company_pdf/507/89.pdf

http://www.fldfs.com/Receiver/company_pdf/...anty_Owners.pdf

"Insert Sarcasm" Then again, if he did purchase an extended warranty from himself (Read Ben), it would be worthless anyway.

I would have to say Ben, many new members on this forum know little about your past, it would be rather smart to lay low & refrain from public negativity towards a most respected member of the community, Each time i have met Jason, he's always most cordial and willing to help.

Moved to the TT Gallardo sub-forum.

Ben, please go into more detail about the problems you are having, some of our more technically knowledgeable members may be able to help. Who knows, you may get lucky with a easy fix, but I have a feeling that you will be shipping your car out to Sarasota. As BMWRacer mentioned you are using the forum to resolve your problem with Heffner(and I know he will take care of you), but all of us G-TT owners have an interest in what went wrong.

The clunking sounds you mentioned could be drive train related. What warning lights, if any have you seen on the dash?

im shocked! this should have been handled differently then posting on a public forum.

i have not had 1 problem w/jason as far as return phone calls, post sale service, etc.. if anything he actually calls my office a little too much always challenging me to roll on races, etc :) LOL

im not defending Jason nor ive done any business with him directly but we spoken few times and i can tell you he is a stand up guy.

imho send the car to Jason and im sure he will take care of it. Good Luck

Mbn

I can't tell you how much it saddens me to be reading this on a public forum. Ben, when I first heard that there was an issue I put in the effort to contact you to find out what the problem was, it evidently wasn't important enough for you to contact me. I suggested that you take the car to Lambo LV so I could have them check for anything obvious. When they expressed that they felt that working with a turbo system was out of their area of expertise I suggested that we get the car here but you declined because you did not want to have the car down for the additional time that it would take to ship the car back. We then agreed to try and figure out how to reslove this more locally and have the car sent to Evolution Motorsports as they have some familiarity with turbo systems and have worked with us in the past. I then asked Todd at EVO to have his transporter pick the car up so we could get this underway. Todd can be difficult to reach at times so a few days later I called you to see if the car had been picked up. You stated that you had assumed that it was and woudl check but I heard nothing back. A few days later I sent you a text message to see if it had been picked up and got no response. I then called you a day or two after that to check again. Now I read this. I am really trying to help you out here and sincerely want to make sure that you are able to enjoy your car. I hope we can come together and make it happen.

I can't tell you how much it saddens me to be reading this on a public forum. Ben, when I first heard that there was an issue I put in the effort to contact you to find out what the problem was, it evidently wasn't important enough for you to contact me. I suggested that you take the car to Lambo LV so I could have them check for anything obvious. When they expressed that they felt that working with a turbo system was out of their area of expertise I suggested that we get the car here but you declined because you did not want to have the car down for the additional time that it would take to ship the car back. We then agreed to try and figure out how to reslove this more locally and have the car sent to Evolution Motorsports as they have some familiarity with turbo systems and have worked with us in the past. I then asked Todd at EVO to have his transporter pick the car up so we could get this underway. Todd can be difficult to reach at times so a few days later I called you to see if the car had been picked up. You stated that you had assumed that it was and woudl check but I heard nothing back. A few days later I sent you a text message to see if it had been picked up and got no response. I then called you a day or two after that to check again. Now I read this. I am really trying to help you out here and sincerely want to make sure that you are able to enjoy your car. I hope we can come together and make it happen.

You, my friend, are one helluva stand up individual.....

Ben, your post was not about resolution but an attack on the very person who can help you. Shame on you.

Then, Jason comes in, disregards his hurt feelings from your attack and offers his continued assistance. Classy and professional.

Now...act accordingly so Jason can get on with life and you can get your car fixed.

You, my friend, are one helluva stand up individual.....

:iamwithstupid:

Jason comes in, disregards his hurt feelings from your attack and offers his continued assistance. Classy and professional.

Now...act accordingly so Jason can get on with life and you can get your car fixed.

:iamwithstupid:

Ben, your post was not about resolution but an attack on the very person who can help you. Shame on you.

Then, Jason comes in, disregards his hurt feelings from your attack and offers his continued assistance. Classy and professional.

and how about a public apology?

SP isnt too far away from Vegas-at least not as far as Sarasota. I would assume they could get it fixed rather quickly given their expertise of Lamborghinis.

Ben, I hope you get this sorted out, living on the west coast and having the builder on the east coast would pose problems for me as well if something would happen, it sounds like Jason is helping.

It seems to me that public internet forums have become some sort of blackmail tool for anyone looking to take advantage of a specific situation.

Very true and very sad... If this doesn't discourage companies from participating here I don't know what would.

IMO thread should have been locked down/deleted and PM sent to Ben to handle this with Jason. In my dealings with Jason he's always been there to pick up the phone and very straight forward in his approach to resolving issues.

Honestly in Jason's place I would be hesitant to even help from this point on...

Jason sounds like an amazing business man, and seems like it from his response. Wish there were more people like him in my field.

It was probably the hooker. She unplugged some wires and shit on the Lambo when she didn't get a sale.

Very true and very sad... If this doesn't discourage companies from participating here I don't know what would.

IMO thread should have been locked down/deleted and PM sent to Ben to handle this with Jason. In my dealings with Jason he's always been there to pick up the phone and very straight forward in his approach to resolving issues.

Honestly in Jason's place I would be hesitant to even help from this point on...

+1

i don't know either party here but this thread is a "cheap shot" at jason. Ben regularly boasts of his Bon Vivant life style. you own a highly specialized car that has developed a problem. common sense would suggest sending it back to the source. i'm sure Trumps concierge could have arranged transport in a heartbeat. with all the acolades that have been written about jason, i can't imagine a solution couldn't have been worked out WITHOUT this threads existence.

Moderators shut down this thread, it's no point really and Ben, at this point you must really want your car fixed so rather than wasting time reading this thread, just have your transport company have come pick your car up to be sent to Jason. Good luck!