Help needed

Chipster

I have talked with George already. That is most likely where the car will go. I agree that i share fault for not having a PPI done which is why I offered to split the repairs with the seller. Maybe it's just me seeing the good in people, but I believe you should stand behind something you sell. I will let you guys know when I have more updates. As always, I appreciate all the advice! Thanks

Chip,

I too always try to see the good in people. Please understand, you are buying a used car....the most exciting car ever created but it's still a used car with no warranty.

I really don't see how the seller is in any way responsible for half the repairs unless he was knowly hiding that specific issue.

Let us know what George says. :)

Shamile

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip,

I too always try to see the good in people. Please understand, you are buying a used car....the most exciting car ever created but it's still a used car with no warranty.

I really don't see how the seller is in any way responsible for half the repairs unless he was knowly hiding that specific issue.

:iamwithstupid:

Unfortunately you bought an 18 year old used car, it's buyer beware, that's why you have a PPI done. You bought this from a private individual right? Not a dealer? I feel for you, but I don't see how you're going to get anything out of him.

I have talked with George already. That is most likely where the car will go. I agree that i share fault for not having a PPI done which is why I offered to split the repairs with the seller. Maybe it's just me seeing the good in people, but I believe you should stand behind something you sell. I will let you guys know when I have more updates. As always, I appreciate all the advice! Thanks

Sorry to hear about your problems, I can understand them wholeheartedly from my own misfortune with Robert Ball / Supercars International Inc.

Here is a link to the thread that was started. http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...;hl=robert+ball

Unfortunately put it bluntly there are some really terrible people out there that do not give a shit about how or what they do to others.

After my nightmare with Robert Ball I contacted George Evans and was extremely pleased with his shop and guys. http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=40008&hl=

George kept me well informed via: emails, pictures, estimates and phone calls. I took legal action against Supercars International Inc / Robert Ball and when it came down to the legal end of things George did an outstanding job during his deposition.

Unfortunately the legal system in this country / state does not work as well as I would like it to and Robert Ball filed for Ch13 bankruptcy.

The end results were:

1) I spent a good deal of money with Supercars International to get my car back with a completely worthless engine rebuild.

2) I had the engine torn down evaluated and rebuilt properly by Evans and it runs like a top.

3) I spent a good deal of time and money on attorneys pursuing Robert Ball only to have the IDIOT file bankruptcy.

My advice is send your car to Evans Automotive Repair and have them fix it and move on.

Lawyers are expensive and unless it’s just a matter of principal you end up losing even more in the long run.

Try not to let it affect your personal or (home / work) life too much as it is not worth it.

Best of luck. Sincerely Victor Wolsochinow

PS: Tell George I said hello

Wow, I hadnt read the recent posts. Its all in there. 17k would not have fixed the motor. I did all my own work and spent 15k. Ultimate in florida told me it would have cost 40 to 50k to have them do it. It sounds like they patched the motor together and you either have a major bearing issue or the oil pump is full of trash and damaged. If they did not clean the metal out of the oil pump relief valve or the oil filter housing thermostat, it could cause problems. It may have trashed the bearing surfaces in the cylinder heads too. Good luck Chipster.

Wow, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare. I hope things work out for you soon. Call me if you're in the Tysons area and we'll go for a spin.

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Ohhhh......it's that car!

Ohhh boooy.

YIKES! You got Ray G's old car, if I remember correctly that car was a MESS!

First of all, you have my dreamcar.

If you have a oil pressureproblem maybe it could be this:

Maybe your oilpipes is like on photo 1. The picture is from Lamborghini's sparepartsbook. But they have made a mistake. One of my friends visited the factory and talked to Valentino who said that of the record, Lamborghoni know about the mistake in the sparepartsbook, but they would not admit it because of the costs. So they clossed theire eyes for this giant problem. This is only a problem for the early Lambos with 2WD.

SAVE0014.JPG

Photo 2 : this is the it should be:

SAVE0015.JPG

Photo 3: my oilfilter, how it looked after the oil went the wrong way through.

olie_filter.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
YIKES! You got Ray G's old car, if I remember correctly that car was a MESS!

Yikes indeed. I haven't been on here in a long time. I was just curiously poking around and found this thread. Wish I could say something to make you feel better. I paid about 30k in repairs myself with the clutch, transmission and various engine issues. Check engine light mysteriously went on and off on me as well. Previous owner put a ton of money into the car as well. I have no idea what happened to the car after I sold it to Premier Sports Cars but it was running well when I got rid of it. One of the most beautiful Diablo's I have ever seen and is quickly becoming the most expensive! When your issues do get resolved I hope you enjoy the car trouble free for a very long time. It certainly is a beautiful example.

Thanks. I will let you guys know when I hear more. Should have some kind of update by the end of the week. I really don't think the damage is as bad as has previously been mentioned. There is definitely something wrong with the oil pump and/or sump. Anything beyond that is questionable. I rolled it out of the garage, washed it and rolled it back in haha. That is the extent of my involvement with the car currently besides keeping it on the trickle charger.

• 4 months later...

post-3902-1265235491_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1265235462_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1265235548_thumb.jpg

Well the car got shipped off today. Finally some progress with this. Our very own Chadbourn will be doing the work on this when he has time so I will post some progress updates as I get them (unless it is really bad news :) haha). Hoping to have it back on the road come spring!

Thanks!

Wow seeing those pics sure brought back some memories. Some serious coin was dropped on that car for maintenance through the years.

Enjoy!