Health problems...

MHaynes772

Well guys, for the past few weeks I have been having some health issues. I let it go for about a week or so thinking it was something I ate or maybe a stomach bug. I've had unbelievable stomach pains and cramps that literally put me to the verge of tears. And it's after every meal, so I've gone days where I just don't eat bc of the pain. I went directly to the doctor (who is part of my family) and we have run every test under the sun. Everything has come back perfect. Blood work- healthy as a horse. No Chrons Disease, not stomach bacteria, no stomach ulcer. My dad's family has a strong family history of colon cancer, and that's one possibility. Although it's extremely unlikely, due to family history, it still is likely. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for the 18th and honestly I'm scared to death. I'm only 22 years old and my life is just beginning. I know the disease is curable and all, but when you're actually faced with the possibility of this kind of situation, you really start re-evaluating things. I've been put on a few different medications for the time being, which makes the pain less frequent but more severe. I just want to find out what's wrong. I know I've been graphic with the details, but I really need your thoughts and prayers on this. It could turn out to be nothing, but it's still a scary situation for me. Y'all are pretty much all like a family and I'm definitely a person who likes to get things off my chest, so here it is. I will keep y'all updated with any information I get back. Hopefully all good!

Matt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and brother had something that sounds very similar. My little brother thought his appendix had burst, my wife burst into tears when a doctor touched her stomach. After I spent 9 hours in the ER with my wife, it came back that lymph nodes in her abdomen were infected, same thing with my brother. Like you, they ran all kinds of tests, CAT scan, MRI etc. before they came to their diagnosis. They both got better after they found out what was wrong. Hope this helps.

-Jason

Of course it's scary. Stay strong. It's not over till it's over. If it's localized colon cancer they can chip it out and you are done. Stay positive and chin up. Don't let this shit get you down, focus strong on your music and your loved ones to pull you through.

Guest skokos

Matthew,ask god for his help and hang in there buddy. were all sending out prayers

My wife and brother had something that sounds very similar. My little brother thought his appendix had burst, my wife burst into tears when a doctor touched her stomach. After I spent 9 hours in the ER with my wife, it came back that lymph nodes in her abdomen were infected, same thing with my brother. Like you, they ran all kinds of tests, CAT scan, MRI etc. before they came to their diagnosis. They both got better after they found out what was wrong. Hope this helps.

-Jason

I will definitely mention this to my doctor but if you were to press on my stomach now, I would probably knock your head off ha.

Everyone else, thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers!

I will definitely mention this to my doctor but if you were to press on my stomach now, I would probably knock your head off ha.

Well hopefully thats all this is. Ive got a feeling you'll be just fine man

:icon_pidu: :icon_pidu:

You have the power of Lambo Power with you.

This may sound corny, but whenever I am down, or here of someone who is sick, I think of LA. I may not like him much now, but knowing what he went through and to end up where he is today, it takes incredible strength. to go to the lowest of lows and to be at the pinnacle takes incredible courage. You have to believe that you are stronger than any illness. Belief will pull you through. Be positive. Be strong.

It's sad that you have to wait for another week until the tests, it causes so much stress, I know what it feels like

Stay strong and keep us posted! We are all with you

Not to graphic right back, but the ones with blood were firm, but have had diarrhea lately.

Matt- Don't think the worst.

Everything is going to be OK (trust me).

Out of respect for your privacy and the sensitivity of this topic i'll send you a PM.

Cheers

J