Health problems...

MHaynes772

Thanks so much guys. I get real emotional just ready this. I have met almost non of you personal but really do feel the love from you all. And it really does feel good to talk about things and have support. I'm sure it's nothing, but I definitely got my mom's worry genes. Because I worry about everything! haha. But I'll be out of pocket over the next 5 days tomorrow but will be back to let y'all know how things go. Thanks again to all of you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always better to discover these issues at a younger age. Everyone's right, you'll be fine.

22, you are young my friend. Hang in there, write a song about this chapter in your life and make millions off of it, to spend over the next 22+ years

Dear Matt,

God bless you and I will be praying for you everyday.

Be optimistic, don't think of the worst possible scenario, it only makes the wait longer. I am positive you'll be ok! My best wishes!

I will definitely mention this to my doctor but if you were to press on my stomach now, I would probably knock your head off ha.

Everyone else, thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers!

When my appendix burst, the symptoms/tests were inconclusive. The surgeon said he was going to operate just to be sure. Fortunately he did. It still was very scary, I was just a little kid.

Hang in there man, it really could be a lot of things. Have you had an upper GI done? Is your stool colored? If it is black, you should have stomach checked for an ulcer as the black stool is indicative of bleeding. It could be minor, will be praying for you man! Coming to Nashville soon, hope to meet you then.

Wishing you the best of luck. My advice, having gone through a brain tumor at age 20, just allow your doctors to figure it out and give you their advice. Searching online for answers can be a two-edged sword, and you will never find anything that applies directly to you. Stay patient and everything will be fine - very little is completely unmanageable these days.

Hey Matt,

I'm rooting for you over there and hope for the best.

That being said i think it's appropriate to mention this here.

2 weeks ago my best friend since i was 5 was diagnosed with an extremely rare (3rd reported case EVER, worldwide) form of cancer. (he's 25). They have had to remove his stomach and the fight is not done.

He had similar symptoms but the one to really watch for is getting really weak. My buddy got so weak in the last couple days before going to the hospital, that he would have to brace himself on the wall to get to the bathroom 15 feet away.

If you feel your energy/strength level depleting fast, do yourself a huge favor and go check yourself into the hospital.

I'm not saying you should be worrying about cancer right now, but don't think that it can't happen this young.

I'm hoping that your problem is much less severe then that, but make sure you are getting the right tests done.

The last thing i want to hear is that a member for LP (especially so young) has a serious health issue.

Get well soon!

Hey Matt,

I'm rooting for you over there and hope for the best.

That being said i think it's appropriate to mention this here.

2 weeks ago my best friend since i was 5 was diagnosed with an extremely rare (3rd reported case EVER, worldwide) form of cancer. (he's 25). They have had to remove his stomach and the fight is not done.

He had similar symptoms but the one to really watch for is getting really weak. My buddy got so weak in the last couple days before going to the hospital, that he would have to brace himself on the wall to get to the bathroom 15 feet away.

If you feel your energy/strength level depleting fast, do yourself a huge favor and go check yourself into the hospital.

I'm not saying you should be worrying about cancer right now, but don't think that it can't happen this young.

I'm hoping that your problem is much less severe then that, but make sure you are getting the right tests done.

The last thing i want to hear is that a member for LP (especially so young) has a serious health issue.

Get well soon!

I don't think this is me at all. Been going on for a few weeks and I have all my strength, even went tubing and jet skiing about 6 days ago when I was feeling well.

On another note, 2 nights ago the pain got so severe almost went to the ER. Called me doc at home and talked and turns out now that I may have Gallbladder issues. So now!, Monday, I get to have a sonogram, run more test, then start taking that crap to make me sit on the pot all day, then Tuesday, we do a colonoscopy, and now were also doing a tube/camera down the throat at the same time. Really not looking forward to it, but at the same time, I am. The pains are constant now, no relief, so currently sitting in bed typing this, not moving. GREAT fun.

Matt

I don't think this is me at all. Been going on for a few weeks and I have all my strength, even went tubing and jet skiing about 6 days ago when I was feeling well.

On another note, 2 nights ago the pain got so severe almost went to the ER. Called me doc at home and talked and turns out now that I may have Gallbladder issues. So now!, Monday, I get to have a sonogram, run more test, then start taking that crap to make me sit on the pot all day, then Tuesday, we do a colonoscopy, and now were also doing a tube/camera down the throat at the same time. Really not looking forward to it, but at the same time, I am. The pains are constant now, no relief, so currently sitting in bed typing this, not moving. GREAT fun.

Matt

That sucks..but better it be that than something else.

Dear Matt,

God bless you and I will be praying for you everyday.

+1

Ive put a prayer in for you everyday since I heard...

I know everyone has said it but; You'll be fine bud

:icon_pidu:

Well got the diagnosis today. My gallbladder does not function at all. We did a bunch of test on it, and basically, when we injected the stuff into me that went into the Gallbladder, no response. So I'm having it removed this week. Have consultation for the surgery Wednesday. No biggie, it's all laser arthroscopic now. So glad and relieved to know thats all it was. But he said he definitely understand my pain since my gallbladder was basically doing NOTHING. But now my diet has to completely change. No more greasy foods, cheeses, only skim milk, etc for the next 3-6 months until the liver learns it's taking over. I CAN eat them if I want to test to see what I can handle, but I really do need to change my diet. Been eating anything and everything I've wanted for the past 22 1/2 years, time to get health. Still have colonoscopy for safety tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers!

Well got the diagnosis today. My gallbladder does not function at all. We did a bunch of test on it, and basically, when we injected the stuff into me that went into the Gallbladder, no response. So I'm having it removed this week. Have consultation for the surgery Wednesday. No biggie, it's all laser arthroscopic now. So glad and relieved to know thats all it was. But he said he definitely understand my pain since my gallbladder was basically doing NOTHING. But now my diet has to completely change. No more greasy foods, cheeses, only skim milk, etc for the next 3-6 months until the liver learns it's taking over. I CAN eat them if I want to test to see what I can handle, but I really do need to change my diet. Been eating anything and everything I've wanted for the past 22 1/2 years, time to get health. Still have colonoscopy for safety tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers!

You will live a long healthy life without a gallbladder....

And as far as no longer being able to eat whatever you want whenever you want.... Welcome to being older than 21.

Glad youre going to be ok! :icon_thumleft:

Here, here :icon_pidu:

Life can be short even at your age.