Just got my frist new car

Pumcy

I have to pick on this. I am 26, I do have quite low income but I am not either eager to make more money or what so ever at this point either I like my life the way it is.

Anyway, I posted my car here too when I started, on "post pics of your car here" topic... My car has got article from performance bmw mag, and several photographers have tracked my number down and called to take pictures of a car. Here on Lambo Power somebody commented "it's ok" or "that's fairly nice" or something along those lines, and that was all. And you know what? That is perfectly okay to me! It was more than I expected to get, well because I expected nothing. I came here because of my life long passion to Lamborghini and other exotics&super cars and that's what should matter. although very soon I was reading every topic here because most here are bright people from biggerent areas of life and world and it has been really broadening for my self to read what these people has to say on different grounds on life.

(And seeing others success motivates, maybe someday I will have enough fate and motivation to my self to really grab my balls and start to do something maeningful in life and have the money too)

Speaking about motivation ... You have to propably weight your motives why you are here? :)

A 3 series could have been doable, but I was looking for something with more go than show. I can't afford a 335i, so any BMW i could afford would be much slower than my Genesis. 5series is way out of budget unless i looked at a MUCH older car.

Canadian vehicle prices SUCK!

This isn't your everyday Hyundai, it's much more exciting than grandpa's spastic bowels.

I personally would take almost any new 3-series over any Korean car ever made, and it would be propably faster in the real world too.

I dont know about canadian vehicle prices, but here 335i costs easily over 70k€.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been reading this forum for 3 years. I don't post a lot because of what happened when kids under 18 were barred from the site. I didn't want to get myself banned for talking about a car I know fcuk all about, but I do love lamborghinis.

I finally got a new car of my own, that isn't just a basic daily driver. Thought you guys would appreciate a first step into performance car territory.

I didn't mean to "bait" anyone. I truly didn't consider it.

Sure it's a Hyundai, and this is a Lambo forum, but as someone else mentioned there's been discussion about cars as normal as a Mini. I figured a Genesis Coupe is good enough to be mentioned here.

Thanks to everyone that was nice. I didn't expect a "hand joh" for buying a Hyundai, but I also didn't expect to get flamed like I did.

Perhaps that was naiive of me.

Come on man, don't be so sensitive, it could've been much worse, trust me. You're lucky Allan or some of the other guys didnt get a hold of this one. I can just imagine the clips and photos that might've popped up. But as Bull stated, it wasnt about the car. It was expecting something more than a look-see.

you're also very lucky there aren't 18 an unders here, cuz you definately would've seen alot of bullshit. there's a method to the madness my man!!! We're all pretty mature and for that reason you have received primarily nice responses (of course after dragging something out of us). Honestly, not much to say but congrats, if that.. Not, "wow, sick bro", or "awesome! post vids soon" or other shit like that. What were you expecting? Maybe you had a few bruskis and decided to "pop off" an see what happens, who knows...

Anyways I think we're a little irritated now and have given you a "pass" rather than just laying into you. An you know why??? Because I don't think a bunch of Lamborghini and other exotic owners want to leave you with an aristocratic "you aint shit" taste in your mouth, just cuz its an H-Car, (that doesn't fly here). Everyone respects everyone, UNTIL theres a reason NOT TO. Because as YOU stated above, WE DO APPRECIATE ANY CAR THAT MAKES A LEAP INTO THE HIGH PERFORMANCE AUTOCAR TERRITORY (but you missed that). With the Genesis Coupe pushing mroe than 300hp as a small car, definately there's some fun to be had ripping around in that thing (probably faster than a 911).

It was most likely a case of, "well not much to say about that, lemme go read something else interesting". Take this as an opportunity to learn something. If you still don't get it, keep it up, I'm sure you'll see the flames start flying soon (I can feel Skoks, Sprite, Rawr chomping at the bit). Or maybe a Mod'll do you a favor and close the thread (but I hope not)....

What gets me is the "im only 25 so the lambo will have to come later" comment. UMMMM 25 isnt that young anymore. Im 24 and stopped playing that "im only" card when I graduated highschool.

How many of our forum members have had lambos self bought at the ages of 18,19,20 etc. I can think of 7 off the top of my head.

I purchased a new subaru wrx when i turned 19. where are my kudos? :lol2:

Kudos to you and your Subaru!!

Guest skokos

Hahaha thanks let me bend over and blow you a kiss ;)

Kudos to you and your Subaru!!

Guest skokos

I think some people are taking my comment about me buying a WRX when I was 19 the wrong way.

I was saying it sarcastically as in "where are my kudos?" as saying I dont need fcuking kudos because Im not a femy biatch. I wasnt literally asking for kudos for buying that car years back.

I think some people are taking my comment about me buying a WRX when I was 19 the wrong way.

I was saying it sarcastically as in "where are my kudos?" as saying I dont need fcuking kudos because Im not a femy biatch. I wasnt literally asking for kudos for buying that car years back.

Dude, my comment, and i also believe the other comment were a tongue in cheek comments (not that its a mean feat if you genuinely can afford that at 19). as mentioned above, where is the sarcasm font.

Guest skokos
Dude, my comment, and i also believe the other comment were a tongue in cheek comments (not that its a mean feat if you genuinely can afford that at 19). as mentioned above, where is the sarcasm font.

lol LP NEEDS A SARCASM FONT!!!

I turn 25 in a couple of months. Can you please post a more detailed review? Do you think this would be a good car for me to purchase?

LMAO!!!

Your Hyundai is a nice first 'new' car, and I do hope you enjoy it. As for what you could have gotten used for 25 G's:

Mercedes CL600 ... and that comes with a V12, provided you can afford maintenance

VW Phaeton W12 ... A Bentley in drag, and this comes with a 12 cylinder engine also

Audi A8L ... extremely lux vehicle, especially in the right color combo

Acura NSX ... provided you got an older one

BMW 745li ... I think they're overrated, but this could have been had for less than 20 g's

Porsche 911 Carrera ... Hyundai vs. Porsche ... speaks for itself

Maserati Cambiocorsa ... Convertible or coupe; Ferrari sourced motor

As others have stated, age is irrelevant; there are many with Lamborghini's and other exotics who are younger than 25. There's a saying, 'it's not how much money you make, it's what you do with the money you make;' unless you have a pointless amount of money, many would say buying new is not 'money-smart.' Then again, to each their own, though next time, definitely look at the opportunity to buy a low mileage used luxury/exotic/sports car.

Please be kidding...

You are a moron if you would go for a CL600 (high maintenance) - 745li (old ones have mechanical/electronic problems) - Maserati (looks and the engine sound alright, but it's slow and crap).

Please be kidding...

You are a moron if you would go for a CL600 (high maintenance) - 745li (old ones have mechanical/electronic problems) - Maserati (looks and the engine sound alright, but it's slow and crap).

Why do you think I said 'provided you can afford maintenance' concerning the CL600; in any event, there is such thing as an extended warranty. The moron is the one who wouldn't get one for any of the cars I listed.

Sprites reply was hilarious....

Dude, its a Hyundai!!!! In your defense I have a girl in the office who just bought one and loves it. But the issue is you needing reassurance from an online forum and coming back so quickly to see it then feeling let down when there was none. If I had to guess I would suspect you still live with your parents and spend alot of time online. Just out of curiousity how many car forums do you belong to?

Congratulations on your first new car as long as it makes you happy and fills its purpose thats all that matters. You will get alot further in life if you don't expect people to slap dicks with you for every little accomplishment.

As much as some hate them, a diesel pickup truck is a GREAT daily driver. You can pick up a low mile (30k ish) 05-06 loaded duramax crew cab silverado for mid 20's. It will get low 20mpg on the highway, is very comfortable and roomy, tons of power, and it will last as long as you want to drive it. Plus the resale is exceptionally good at this price point. In another 2-3 years and 100k miles you will only lose a couple grand in resale value.

Hell for low 30's you could pick up an early Viper GTS.

:icon_thumleft: True on the used trucks, new truck prices are ridiculous....My dealer had a 2010 Harley Davidson Edition F 250 with a msrp of $81k. They seem to avg in the mid $50's for just a standard diesel 4x4. I went with the King Ranch just for the chapparell interior, the leather is sick for a pickup.

Here is one of my dailys:

post-9456-1251071488_thumb.jpg

post-9456-1251072126_thumb.jpg

Sprites reply was hilarious....

Dude, its a Hyundai!!!! In your defense I have a girl in the office who just bought one and loves it. But the issue is you needing reassurance from an online forum and coming back so quickly to see it then feeling let down when there was none.

well I definately shot myself in the foot for coming back and replying to my own thread so quickly. In everyones defense i can understand why it looked like i needed reassurances, but thats not really how it was.

If I had to guess I would suspect you still live with your parents and spend alot of time online. Just out of curiousity how many car forums do you belong to?

I live with my mom so that she can afford her home. She doesn't want to give it up to my dad, but she can't pay the bills by herself. It works out mutually. I'm also sitting idly by while i wait to buy my grandma's house in a year or two.

I do spend a lot of time online. I work in IT, and in down time I have the freedom to surf the internet. That is why I was back to my thread in the middle of the afternoon.

I'm only a member of 4 car forums, but I am a member of 4 other diecast model forms.

I have to say, its very spooky how you were able to nail that down like that. Do you have a background in behavioral science?

Congratulations on your first new car as long as it makes you happy and fills its purpose thats all that matters.

Thanks. I think it will do just that. I don't need a pat on the back from lambo owners do enjoy my car (contrary to the popular belief in this thread)

You will get alot further in life if you don't expect people to slap dicks with you for every little accomplishment.

Honestly, I was trying to use the purchase of my new car as a better way to introduce myself to this board. Had i don't it previously with my Jetta, I think it would have gone even worse.

in hindsight though, i should have done a better job introducing myself instead of just my car.

maybe i'll do a better intro some other day.

:icon_thumleft: True on the used trucks, new truck prices are ridiculous....My dealer had a 2010 Harley Davidson Edition F 250 with a msrp of $81k. They seem to avg in the mid $50's for just a standard diesel 4x4. I went with the King Ranch just for the chapparell interior, the leather is sick for a pickup.

Here is one of my dailys:

I've never had a truck, but I have access to both my dads trucks whenever i need one, so it wasn't really something I felt I should spend my money on this time around.

I know for sure that one day I will have to buy a truck, but a pretty fast car was what i was looking for.

The King Ranch edition F150s are really nice! My dad's friend had one of the earlier ones. it was very impressive inside.

Nice truck Larry!

I thought the sarcasm was obvious....lol.

I have to say, its very spooky how you were able to nail that down like that. Do you have a background in behavioral science?

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure THAT out pumcy ... ;)

and

VERDE ITHICA SUCK ON THIS

DSC_1078.jpg

Figured since I now have a car that will run with C5 POS's, I at least have that to post.

I put it in the other cars forum for that reason.

Swing and a miss. You can probably hang with a 4th gen Fbody (Camaro or Trans Am). But even a stock C5 will put the hurt on you, let alone a 405hp Plastic mess-06.

I'm only 23.

Congrats on your new car!

Honestly, I was trying to use the purchase of my new car as a better way to introduce myself to this board. Had i don't it previously with my Jetta, I think it would have gone even worse.

in hindsight though, i should have done a better job introducing myself instead of just my car.

maybe i'll do a better intro some other day.

Hey I also on a Jetta and love it :) 290'ish whp and 32+hwy mpg can't be beat :icon_mrgreen:

I have to have a truck, its a TX thing, plus I have alot of toys to tow around.

You can still post more here even though you don't own a Lambo, majority of posters don't. I am Lamboless at the moment but still toss my 2 cents in every so often.

Congrats again on the new car!!

Swing and a miss. You can probably hang with a 4th gen Fbody (Camaro or Trans Am). But even a stock C5 will put the hurt on you, let alone a 405hp Plastic mess-06.

I'm only 23.

Congrats on your new car!

I never said anything about a ZO6.

But after looking into it a little closer, you guys are correct. A regular C5 (even an auto) is still faster than my car, by a resonable margin.

The video I was basing that on, was evidently too short to really tell.

I'm not sure what years the 4th gen Fbodys were, but my car is about as fast as a 96 Z28 now that I've looked into it closer. Or to put into more Lambo perspective; It'l give a 1982 Countach a run for it's money through a quarter mile.

I never said anything about a ZO6.

But after looking into it a little closer, you guys are correct. A regular C5 (even an auto) is still faster than my car, by a resonable margin.

The video I was basing that on, was evidently too short to really tell.

I'm not sure what years the 4th gen Fbodys were, but my car is about as fast as a 96 Z28 now that I've looked into it closer. Or to put into more Lambo perspective; It'l give a 1982 Countach a run for it's money through a quarter mile.

There are two groups of 4th gen Fbodies. Theres 93-97 which is an Lt1 engine. Those you should be able to handle. The 98-02 Ls1 cars generally will run bottom 13s.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure THAT out pumcy ... ;)

spending lots of time on the internet, sure i can see that.

living at home with my mom? what made that so obvious?

and

VERDE ITHICA SUCK ON THIS

DSC_1078.jpg

That color truly sucks!

I was very disapointed in the green they chose. It looks like florescent puke.

Verde Ithica is probably the best shade of green any human being has ever seen. Its really quite an amazing color. I wouldn't expect Hyundai to come remotely close. :P