Rix

So anyone been to see Avatar yet? I'm going to watch it in 3D on Friday night. It will be the first time I watch a feature film in 3D, cant wait :eusa_dance:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone been to see Avatar yet? I'm going to watch it in 3D on Friday night. It will be the first time I watch a feature film in 3D, cant wait :eusa_dance:

3d is amazing i love watching movies like that.

I'm going to see it in imax 3d soon i'm not sure exactly when but very soon

I'm looking forward to the movie, just not the 3D, especially if it's like all of the other recent 3D movies. Gives me a headache and the 3D effects suck...just makes the movie look blurry.

Going in a week in Imax 3d. Will have to drive 2 hours, but it'll be worth it.

And bylek, it's unlike anything you've ever seen. Completely new 3d technology.

Cool! Hopefully its close to what they have in Disneyworld/Disneyland? Those are great 3D effects!

Guest skokos

How the fcuk does someone

A: Spend 500 Million dollars making a movie

B:Still make it porfitable?

Theaters + DVD > 500mil = profit

This is the only movie James Cameron has made since Titanic.

I have a client that is in the movie. She said that he went so far as to developing his own imaging programs and they even made up their own langauge with a linguist. Keep in mind this is about 10 years in the making and its been delayed to be perfected for the past year and a half.

Guest skokos
This is the only movie James Cameron has made since Titanic.

I have a client that is in the movie. She said that he went so far as to developing his own imaging programs and they even made up their own langauge with a linguist. Keep in mind this is about 10 years in the making and its been delayed to be perfected for the past year and a half.

And I say to this SOOOO What.

Ive heard the plot is minimally executed and the idea of watching cheetah faced blue people does nothing for me.

Ive heard the plot is minimally executed and the idea of watching cheetah faced blue people does nothing for me.

Rob

Maybe this movie is not your cup of tea, but we'll see what the opening weekend numbers are.

Also they are selling toys and video games as well so a little here and there may make this flick profitable only time will tell.

Guest skokos
Rob

Maybe this movie is not your cup of tea, but we'll see what the opening weekend numbers are.

Also they are selling toys and video games as well so a little here and there may make this flick profitable only time will tell.

Sure! I bet it will be huge,people dont know what good movie is anymore. Like destructo said "

Covering up lack-luster quality and nil cinematography with FANCY 3D graphics seems to be the way films are headed."

Its silly what passes for film anymore.

What role did your client have in the movie?

I agree with you Skokos on the "Cheetah Faced" blue people not being very exciting. Okay so there's humanoids that have different body shapes that cannot be duplicated with real actors. OK........zzzzzzzz... When it's all said and done you're still looking at an action movie, like many other before it.

I'll check it out though...........................................when it comes out on DVD. :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with you Skokos on the "Cheetah Faced" blue people not being very exciting. Okay so there's humanoids that have different body shapes that cannot be duplicated with real actors. OK........zzzzzzzz... When it's all said and done you're still looking at an action movie, like many other before it.

I'll check it out though...........................................when it comes out on DVD. :icon_mrgreen:

From what I hear, the movie will only be a "good" viewing experience in the theaters.

I wanna see it on IMAX!

While sometimes fx are overused and poorly used, there are tons of instances where they are incredible and contribute greatly to the film. (See: Children of Men)

Besides, some films wouldn't even be possible without them.

Rob,

The budget of a film does not reflect its real cost. Studious rarely if ever make a large budget movie that does not make a profit. There is a very sophisticated system they use to guarantee this. It would take me way too long to explain, but that is how its done.

There is a significant portion of the budget that is also re-couped in merchandise and promotions. So you can bet Avatar is going to make money.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Rob,

The budget of a film does not reflect its real cost. Studious rarely if ever make a large budget movie that does not make a profit. There is a very sophisticated system they use to guarantee this. It would take me way too long to explain, but that is how its done.

There is a significant portion of the budget that is also re-couped in merchandise and promotions. So you can bet Avatar is going to make money.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

just building on to this a little fox also "hedged" 60% of the budget, i.e. the money was put up by other companies not just fox alone. Furthermore, depending what budget number your using, the one close to 500 mil includes the cost of the new camera that is being being used to make this movie, and down the line will make up all its money and more as other movies use it.

What role did your client have in the movie?

She's part of the cast. She told me she played some tribal women or something like that. I would need to see the movie to tell you what parts to look for.

Her name is Debra Skelton, maybe looking that up will list her role in the film.