Rix

Saw it today with my wife in 3D. I thought it was good, but it was basically Braveheart on another planet in 3D.

Everything was really good visually; It was very impressive. But don't go thinking it's going to be some amazing plot/storyline.

Overall it was worth checking out in the theater (In 3D or Imax) more so than it would be seeing it on DVD at home.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The glasses that you wear, have they been worn by many other people or do they give each person fresh glasses? Also is it only in 3D in regular theaters, or also 3D in IMAX as well?

I am unsure of if I should see this movie or not, I saw all the Lord of the Rings movies and while visually incredible, I thought they were all among the biggest pieces of crap plot-wise for a movie I ever saw (plot is very important to me).

The glasses that you wear, have they been worn by many other people or do they give each person fresh glasses? Also is it only in 3D in regular theaters, or also 3D in IMAX as well?

I am unsure of if I should see this movie or not, I saw all the Lord of the Rings movies and while visually incredible, I thought they were all among the biggest pieces of crap plot-wise for a movie I ever saw (plot is very important to me).

The 3D glasses are probably recycled (they ask you to return them to a container at the end of the film), but are individually bagged, so with any luck they are at least cleaned or wiped down before bagged again.

The theater I saw it in offered it in 3 versions - Standard, 3D, and IMAX 3D. The IMAX one didn't have another seating for over an hour, the 3D one was starting in 5 mins. We didn't feel like waiting, so we saw it in 3D.

I would probably only recommend it in 3D or IMAX 3D. Might as well watch it on DVD if you're going to see it in standard.

:eusa_naughty: Go and stand in the corner :icon_butt:

Guest skokos

Well holy fcuking shit James Cameron,Hats off to you. What a event that movie was

Box Office world wide = $232.8mm

Not bad for the first 3 days.

:iamwithstupid:

Doesn't matter if the movie sucked or not, those numbers are impressive!

I'm going to watch it tomorrow in 3D after some of my friends telling me it's the best movie ever (:rolleyes:), I have no expectations.

Everyone I know who saw it said it was absolutely amazing and to definitely see it. I also heard that you are really missing out not seeing it in 3D. Ill be seeing it at an IMAX 3D tomorrow after work....

Everyone I know who saw it said it was absolutely amazing and to definitely see it. I also heard that you are really missing out not seeing it in 3D. Ill be seeing it at an IMAX 3D tomorrow after work....

In my opinion, both the Springfield and Newport IMAX theaters are a joke. I saw it in 3D at the Regal in Deerfield and their theater is not only more comfortable, but their sound system is also better than newports.

In my opinion, both the Springfield and Newport IMAX theaters are a joke. I saw it in 3D at the Regal in Deerfield and their theater is not only more comfortable, but their sound system is also better than newports.

Im glad you said that, but they dont have the 3D at deerfield. Thats the problem. I think Springdale is the only one with the 3D and imax.

I went in not expecting much but this movie rocked! Could have done without the humans are destroying the earth and need to go extract recources from another planet message but besides that the movie was impressive.

Guest skokos
Rob

I take it that you really enjoyed this movie.

Very much so! Last time I judge a book by its cover or in this case a movie by its blue cheetah dudes

Im glad you said that, but they dont have the 3D at deerfield. Thats the problem. I think Springdale is the only one with the 3D and imax.

I saw it in 3D at Deerfield last Friday... Here are your showtimes in 3D for today:

post-629-1261499824_thumb.jpg

Just saw it in 3D and holy shit that was a great movie!!! First hour was quite boring, but the last hour and a half made up for it!

Not Godfather or Scarface great but it's much better than the Lord of the Rings and new Batman movies.

If you haven't seen it in 3D, you're missing out.

Very much so! Last time I judge a book by its cover or in this case a movie by its blue cheetah dudes

When i read your first post i was thinking you will change your mind.

i saw the film on saturday night. i had to wait in line for over an hour to get in, but it was well worth the wait!

The movie blew my mind. the visuals were amazing. I also thought it was refreshing seeing us as the invading alien race, rather than aliens invading us.

I saw it in 3D, but i'm thinking i'll be going to see it in Imax as well when it hits my city.

I had a smile from ear to ear for most of the film.

I went to see it in 2d expecting it to be rubbish. I cant stand CGI graphics. I was totally blown away, enjoyed every minute, unlike 2012 which i thought was an entertaining pile of shit.